It is the desire of every person to have a home that is absolutely clean and clutter free. However, when it comes to home cleaning, most people dread the task as it involves huge amount of time as well as effort. If the house remains dirty, it can lead to the increase in number of harmful elements like dust mites and allergens that has serious effect on the health of the people living in the house. In order to maintain good and health and healthy lifestyle, hygiene within the house needs to be maintained without fail. Efforts should be made to minimize the exposure to toxins and allergens especially for small children. A house that is well maintained and kept clean, impacts the psychology of the people living within it, in a positive way. It is always better to take a natural approach towards the cleaning the house and provided below are some tips:
- Glass Cleaner – The best way to clean the glass windows is by using lukewarm soapy water along and old newspapers. Gentle dishwashing liquid in small proportion should be added to one gallon of lukewarm water. By using a sponge, the glass can be swiped clean and the newspaper can be used to dry it up.
- Hepa Filter – The Hepa filter unlike traditional vacuum filters helps trapping of small particles in large proportions without re-circulating them back to the air. A clean air can be created within the house with the help of these devices which is especially useful for people with pets, living in cities or suffering from asthma or allergies.
- Scouring Cleanser – Some nontoxic mild liquid detergent mixed with baking soda can be used to form a paste. This paste can be extremely beneficial in home cleaning different parts of the house like tiles, floor messes, bathtubs, etc.
- Kitchen Spray – A kitchen is one of the most parts within the house as this is the place where meals are prepared. Kitchen cleaning without any doubt is an integral part of home cleaning. One can prepare a mixture of tea tree oil in five drops, half cup white vinegar and one cup of water inside a spray bottle. This solution can be used for cleaning kitchen surfaces, refrigerator, stove and counter tops.
- Furniture Polish – The mixture created with half tablespoon of jojoba or olive oil along with quarter cup of lemon juice or vinegar is ideal for cleaning wood surfaces with soft cloth.
- Mildew Remover – Two cups of water along with two tablespoons of tea tree oil can be kept inside spray bottles and applied on different problem areas for home cleaning purpose. Care should be taken to avoid rinsing. Vinegar also works quite well for mildew and mold.
- Houseplants – The inclusion of plants within the house keeps the air within the house clean and fresh. This certainly helps with home cleaning and creates good hygiene inside the house. However, children and pets should be kept away from the plants.