November 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- November 2023
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- Home Organizing
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Keep in mind that all kitchen cabinets have to suffer a lot of abuse from things such as cooking splatters, accidental spills, and a bombarding of fingerprints. But these uppers and lowers end up getting a shorter shrift during home cleaning. By the time you have realized that the kitchen cabinets are being neglected, you can find grease, dirt, smears, and grime building up on them. Keep in mind that this not only appears unsightly, but it also is a place for germ build-up. In this article, we will take a peek at some kitchen cabinet cleaning tips.
1. Empty them: Think about staggering the cleaning instead of attempting to do everything in a single day. After the cabinets have become empty, you can remove and discard the shelf paper. Now wipe and vacuum the dust from the drawers.
2. Clean the tops: If your cabinets are not touching the ceiling, then the small space above the uppers can be tough to handle. You will need a ladder or a step stool for this. You can use a small round brush or a long-handled duster for this purpose.
3. Use gentle cleaner: The idea is to clean the kitchen cabinet, not damage it. One of the safest ways of doing it is by mixing hot water with mild dish soap. Mix this in a spray bottle and use it with a microfiber cloth.
4. Clean from high to low: Make a beginning with uppers and work down. Complete the interiors first and pay attention to the corners. Remember to clean the box/drawer/door sides. You can use a sponge or a cloth moistened with plain water to remove a soapy residue.
5. Clean the grease: The best weapon against grease build-up is a mixture of one part baking soda with two parts water. Apply it to the grease and keep it for a few minutes, and then scrub it gently by using a soft-bristled brush.
6. Clean the trim: Dirt and grease are prone to crevices. They will invariably settle in a cabinet trim. Purge by using a basic cleaning solution with a soft toothbrush and cloth. You can wrap the cloth over your index finger. After the cleaning, rinse the crevices with moistened cloth together with plain water and allow them to dry.
7. Go for hardware and hinges: You can wrap a dry cloth around the index finger for cleaning hinges and employ the toothbrush over ceramic and metal hardware. It is a good idea to use a commercial glass cleaner for glass-front cabinet doors.
Before you start cleaning or organizing your home, it’s important to inspect the dishes, cookware, and food packages in your kitchen cabinets. Even if everything appears to be clean and dust-free, it’s a good idea to give the contents a quick swipe with a microfiber cloth to ensure they are truly pristine. Taking these extra steps will result in sparkling clean cabinets that you can be proud of. If you live near Clearwater, FL, Finest European Maids is a reliable home cleaning service that you might want to consider.
Picture Credit: Freepik
It doesn’t matter whether you are buying or renting a new home. The pre-move-in cleaning is a necessity. The people that lived in the place before you would have left some grime, dirt, and dust, no matter how well-intentioned they were. Home cleaning before moving in is a perfect way of starting a new life. This is because there is no need to work around boxes and furniture items. There are several steps involved in providing proper home cleaning. Here are some of the tips to get you going.
1. Clean high before low: Keep in mind that dust is not always present on the floors and countertops. It is hanging there on overhead lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, shelves, and other features near the ceiling. These items are as prone to grime, and they are not cleaned many times. When you do get around to cleaning them, they will sprinkle dust and dirt below them. As cleaning these high-up areas will lead to the one below getting some filth, you need to start right at the top in every room and then work your way down.
2. Bathroom cleaning: Cleaning the bathrooms is as much about disinfecting the area as it is about getting spotless surfaces. A sponge and dish soap are all you will need for the initial scrub-down. Then you may follow this up with an antibacterial spray to get rid of all the lingering germs. It is a good idea to replace the toilet seats during home cleaning. Never forget the unexpected areas that may be skipped during a normal bathroom cleaning. Apart from the usual areas, also remember to clean light switches, toilet paper holders, door handles, and faucets.
3. Clean the fridge and rest of the kitchen: If you are performing the home cleaning after a move, get to the fridge first. You might be able to put off a few things during home cleaning, but a storage place for perishable items is not one of them. Sanitize the fridge and remove all the drawers and shelves to clean them individually. After cleaning the fridge, go to the remaining kitchen. Start with lighting fixtures, corners, and cabinet tops. Go to the appliances next, such as the oven, dishwasher, sink, microwave, and stovetop.
4. Flooring: After you have started your home cleaning at the top, you need to end it with the bottom. For the tile, linoleum, and wood floors, you need to use the vacuum attachment to clean the edges and corners. After this, sweep all the debris collected. Never vacuum everything unless the machine is specially designed for doing it. Finish all this by mopping the surface.
There are many steps involved in home cleaning before a move-in. However, you can get your place to appear new and shiny within a day or so by using some elbow grease. If you can get some helping hands, it will be great. Unless you are moving into a brand-new construction, there is always some home cleaning work you need to undertake. You can take help from Finest European Maids for this if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Many people these days spend a lot of time in their kitchens. You might have always enjoyed cooking or possibly you are loving a newfound hobby. It doesn’t matter what the reason is, one thing is certain, no one really likes one of the byproducts of home cooking-grease. It is easily one of the more stubborn soils and is extremely difficult to remove. To combat this domestic problem there is a selection of products available that can be employed during home cleaning. There is a range of products available from gentle green cleaners to dish soap and water. Let’s look at some steps to tackle or prevent grease formation in the house.
1. Wipe your stovetop clean after every use: This is definitely your best bet when you are battling against grease formation. Make this routine a part of your cleaning up process after your meals. This will ensure that there are no chances of grease building up.
2. Dish soap is quite effective for removing grease: This product is formulated for removing greasy food residues from your dishes. It can work well for the same task during home cleaning over the microwave or stovetop.
3. Citrus oils are useful for breaking down the grease: If you can add orange essential oils to the dish soap and water, it will not only smell great but can make your home cleaning a bit simpler as well.
4. For the more recent spills of grease, use flour on it: Sprinkling flour over the grease spill will help in cleaning the mess. Although this might seem to be counterintuitive (Wouldn’t it make a further mess?) but the truth is that the flour absorbs the grease. This makes it simpler to find and wipe the grease.
5. Use baking soda and water: Using baking soda with water is helpful in removing grease from all the pots and pans. Keep in mind that baking soda is alkaline. It means it is pretty effective for breaking down the grease during home cleaning. Pour a bit of water and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in a warm pan after you have finished using it for cooking. You can also use some soda water for this purpose. After soaking for a while, you will find that grease cleaning is a lot easier.
6. Using salt and rubbing alcohol for removing grease from the fabric: This method is extremely useful for fabrics that cannot be washed by using a washing machine. Some of them include couches and rugs. You need to mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol together with 1 part of salt and there you go. You need to use a clean piece of cloth for scrubbing the mixture inside the stain. You will have to scrub hard. After the grease stain is removed you must allow the spot to dry. After this, you can use the vacuum for cleaning up the remaining salt.
7. Performing your clean and simple home cleaning: You need to periodically perform home cleaning. This is the best method for keeping the grease away all the time.
Using different products for grease cleaning
Dish soap with warm water together makes for an extremely effective combination for tackling grease stains from your house. If you have tougher grease stains the technicians can spray the surface with degreasers. Then they will work on other aspects of home cleaning. The degreaser will work on breaking down all the grease. If you are entering the house for the first time there may be grease build-up in some areas. The cleaners will have the requisite tools for this problem as well. There is a Formula 409 cleaner available for breaking down the heavy grease. You can use the Easy-Off oven cleaner for grease build-up having taken place over the years.
Keep in mind that the best way of dealing with grease formation is to prevent it from getting worse. But you will need help from professional home cleaning teams for this. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids for this problem. They will make a quick work of these grease stains in your home and allow you to concentrate more on cooking. Using a cleaning service is necessary for all the busy families. So, get in touch with pros for your home cleaning and grease cleaning needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
From giving the mudroom the much-needed organizational change to hiding the wrangling wires under the desk, you would agree that it’s much easier to keep things clean when things are at their designated places. Although hiring a cleaning company helps you keep your house in the best condition, we recommend some accessible practices to help you maintain your home daily.
Some products by well-known brands, when applied, can tackle all sorts of organizational issues. Some of the easiest and the most effective corporate hacks that can help deal with the trickiest spaces and items have been discussed below.
Install Small Hooks to Reorganize Under the Kitchen Sink
Organizing the under-the-kitchen-sink cabinets can sometimes be challenging because they house several cleaning products and household supplies. The area is primarily tiny, but you already know the importance of maximizing each inch of space available. Clear small hooks when installed inside these cabinet doors or the interior walls transform the area instantly. They provide you with a convenient place to hang items such as cleaning gloves, dishcloths, and scrubbing brushes.
Decluttering The Laundry Room By Using Caddy and Spray Bottle Hangers
Irrespective of whether you have a dedicated laundry room in your house or not, optimizing the space will make your life easier. Install caddy and spray bottle hangers to create a place for dry sheets or lint rollers. You should set up multiple baskets or hampers labeled by color or family member to save time and eliminate the need to sort your laundry reputedly.
In addition, you can have a variety of spray bottles to eliminate the degrees of stuck-on stains. They attach both easily and quickly to the wall while ensuring the most-used stain removers remain out of sight but still within your reach. This is just what any good cleaning company would guide you to do and practice.
Use Cord Organizers To Tidy Up Your Tech Devices
Be it the video gaming consoles, headphones, laptops, or your smart devices; we are surrounded by miles of wiring around us. The list of household electronics and attached cords or chargers to power them often overwhelms us. Organizing them properly will save space and ensure that they remain working. It would even allow you to unplug them whenever required.
You do not need a professional cleaning company to take care of these. It’s easy than you think. You merely need to follow some basic steps that will help in keeping these wires clutter-free.
Storing Your Broom and Mop Securely With Broom Grippers
Most of us often discard our brooms or mops in the closet or the laundry area. Now, this being a regular practice leads to unnecessary wear and tear of the essential cleaning tools. Using a Broom Gripper allows you to organize your most used supplies in the best way and make them easily accessible. You can simply hand a Broom Gripper on the wall in your closet, mudroom, or laundry room.
The tips above are simple yet easy to implement regularly. Although you may find it hard to integrate the above practices in your schedule, over time, it becomes a habit, and you find it way easier than what you have been doing for years. Alternatively, you may contact a cleaning company to help you keep your house clean thoroughly.
If you are searching for a quality professional cleaning company in Clearwater, FL area, you should reach out to European Maids cleaning company. They have been serving residents in and around the area for years and are a well-known cleaning company today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
You will find several harmful bacteria and germs lurking around the corners of your house. They are also waiting for an opportunity on different surfaces of an average kitchen. Therefore it is significant that you wash your hands before you touch any food articles. Not only that, you need to sponge and sanitize these surfaces regularly. Let’s check out the Dos and Don’ts of dishwater and sponge kitchen cleaning.
- Use microwave for damp sponges: While you are performing kitchen cleaning all it takes is a minute for the sponge within your microwave to banish all those harmful bacteria and bugs. You may also use a straightforward drying cycle within your dishwasher for killing all these molds, yeasts, and germs.
- Keep replacing your sponge regularly: In case you forget to sanitize your kitchen cleaning sponge regularly just replace it. Keep in mind that it doesn’t take a lot of time for different bacteria to build within these sponges. Typically they will start appearing within a few days.
- Remove all those smelly sponges during home cleaning: If you can detect a feisty and bad odor it is a definite sign that your kitchen sponge is not clean. You may zap it inside your microwave, place it within your dishwasher while being on a dry cycle or better still replace it.
- Maintain your kitchen sponge in a dry condition: You need to completely wring out your sponge or dishcloth after its use for avoiding it from getting damp between the uses because it encourages the growth of bacteria. Leave out the sponge to get dry off but make sure that you are not leaving it in an enclosed space such as a bucket or a cabinet.
- Do not wipe out those meat juices by using a sponge: It is one of the fastest ways of raising the chances of foodborne and harmful pathogens spreading over your sponge. Therefore use paper towels instead or use disinfectant for absorbing all your spillage.
- Do not use your sponge over kitchen countertops: Unless your kitchen sponge is hygienically cleaned by using one of the methods noted above or it is fresh out of its wrapper, never use it for wiping the surfaces within your kitchen. In all probability, you will end up spreading bacteria all over the kitchen.
Cleaning your sponge
Soak your sponge in a mixture of one gallon of water and 3/4th cup of bleach for five minutes. It is an easy and surefire method for destroying all the bacteria from your sponge. Bleach is renowned for its bacteria-destroying capabilities and all experts agree that it is the most effective way of keeping your sponges clean. You can also use vinegar instead of bleach if you don’t like its smell. Soak for the same amount of time with vinegar.
Although these ways are effective, keep in mind that none of your kitchen sponges are going to last forever. You will need to replace them at some point in time. Otherwise, you can just leave this home cleaning to professionals such as European Maids in Clearwater & Pinellas County, FL area. They can bring their tools, eliminating all the requirements.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Providing your kitchen sink a deep clean should always be a part of your regular kitchen cleaning routine. There is a tendency to think that as there is a lot of soap and water running through a kitchen sink daily, it is a relatively clean place. However, that is not the case in reality. Splashing and rinsing by using dish soap that takes place each day don’t have anything to do with proper sink cleaning. Here are some tips for cleaning the kitchen sink in the right manner.
1. Provide thorough rinse to the sink
Before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink you may wish to wash off all the dishes and provide a thorough rinse to the sink. All the liquid, foods, and debris lying in the sink must be rinsed away before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink. After rinsing, clear the drains also. In reality, it is a good practice to perform daily, even when you do not have the time for complete kitchen cleaning. While taking into consideration stainless steel sinks, remember that salt and acids within food may damage the finishing of the sink. For other kinds of kitchen sinks, it makes cleaning the stains harder. Rinsing the sink must be a daily chore before night.
2. Sprinkling baking soda in the sink and scrub
After rinsing the sink of debris and food articles you need to sprinkle baking soda in it. Cover the entire sink and do not hold back. Canisters of baking soda are available that can be sprinkled. You may even use a mason jar with holes drilled on the top. If you take the mason jar option, you can even add a few drops of essential oils to soda. This will give a great smell to the entire kitchen. After you have the baking soda covering the whole sink, you should start scrubbing. Use a bit of dish soap on the sponge for simpler cleaning. Although baking soda is a bit abrasive, it is not bad enough to scratch the stainless steel kitchen sink surfaces not even other kinds of surfaces. Scrub top to bottom to ensure that you are scrubbing towards the drain. The best method for cleaning a sink is by using circular motions for scrubbing away the whole sink.
After you have finished scrubbing the sink surfaces clean, you should sanitize the surface. Provide a good rinse to the freshly scrubbed kitchen sink to ensure that all the things you have cleaned are getting washed away to the drain. Now, soak the paper towels with white vinegar and utilize them for lining the sink. Cover the whole sink and let the vinegar and towels sit on it for 20 minutes. Keep in mind that vinegar is a natural sanitizer and it can remove hard water stains.
4. Cleaning faucets
After the basin of the sink is clean and sanitized, remember to clean a handle and a faucet. Sink faucets and handles may be cleaned by using a mild soapy solution. You can use a surface cleaner or dish soap with a sponge and it will do trick for you. When you are finished cleaning the faucets you may apply a vinegar-soaked cloth for wiping down and sanitizing commonly handled surfaces. After this, remember to deodorize a drain and disposal.
Well, all that is remaining now is to take a step back and admire the handy work you have done during kitchen cleaning. However, sometimes things are out of hand and kitchen cleaning can turn out to be trickier than you would have envisaged. If you live Clearwater, FL area you can get in touch with European Maids to ensure that the kitchen sink and the entire process of kitchen cleaning get the right treatment.
Picture Credit: Freepik
It is a well-known fact that the commonly used cleaning products available in the market are made from chemicals that can cause harm to humans. In addition to this, they also may be harmful to the environment. Luckily environment-friendly ingredients are also available to be used as effective cleaning solutions. Two of such common green and eco-friendly products are vinegar and baking soda. These two products may be used together or separately. They can also be mixed with natural products and are less toxic and are healthy alternatives for cleaning the home.
Baking soda is used effectively for cleaning pots and pans that contain baked-on residues. For doing this just sprinkle the object with baking soda and allow it to soak for fifteen minutes in hot water and detergent. You can pour baking soda on the flames of grease fire till it gets extinguished. Your dishwasher can be cleaned and freshened or your coffeepot may be cleaned by using just the baking soda. You can run vinegar through both these machines once a month to keep them free from residue and clean. You can make your silver shine with a range of different methods. For the refrigerator, you can use vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle. It is an eco-friendly method for cleaning and deodorizing the surface.
You can develop a non-toxic and thick scrub for cleaning the bathroom surfaces by stirring one tablespoon of liquid castile soap or detergent, vinegar, and a 1/4 cup of baking soda. Create a creamy mixture and then use it. 1/2 cup of baking soda can be used for cleaning the toilets. There is another alternative and that is pouring a cup of dilute white vinegar inside the toilet and allow it to soak overnight. Minerals clogging the showerheads is a common occurrence and it results in a reduced flow of water. Soak the showerhead by using a mixture of 1/4 of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar for 15 minutes. You may clean the soap residues from the loofahs after soaking them with equal portions of water and vinegar. You can use a paste of salt and vinegar for rubbing down sink fixtures.
You can use liquid detergent with a 1/2 cup of baking soda at the start of a wash cycle for a bright load of laundry. You can sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of the clothes hampers for taking care of stinky odors. Socks may get stained and dingy like gym clothing. In order to help the items appear fresh people soak them inside a pot of boiling water with distilled white vinegar.
You need to keep the baking soda and vinegar handy inside the house as there are several everyday things you can clean faster by using them together. The only question that remains is what will you clean first? If you feel the DIY is too much for you, get in touch with professionals. For the Clearwater, FL area you can contact European Maids who will perform the home cleaning for you efficiently.
Picture Credit: freepik
It is significant that you clean and disinfect the various surfaces inside the house. The different germs also are known as microorganisms can make people sick. These germs live on all kinds of surfaces and are capable of contaminating utensils, food, and other objects that are used for the preparation of food and eating it. In this battle against the germs, you might think that they have an advantage as they can be present anywhere at the same time. You can keep the infectious diseases such as cold and flu away by keeping these germs at bay.
The areas in the house with high traffic and various surfaces that are touched are the areas where germs are accumulated. One survey found out that the kitchen sink has more bacteria than garbage cans or toilets. One of the common places for germ build-up in the toilets is the toothbrush holder. This is because they are situated near the toilet and the act of flushing sends a mist of bacteria among these places. It is also easy to forget about them while cleaning the toilet and other obvious germ build-up areas.
It is possible to remove dirt and grime by using hot water and soap. This may also get rid of some germs but it may not be enough for some other surfaces that are home to many germs. You can use a cleaner-disinfectant for speed cleaning as it is a combination of two steps. It is possible to use it for bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops. Areas containing sticky spills can be cleaned by using soap and water. But while using disinfectants for home cleaning keep in mind to wear gloved and keep the windows open especially while using products containing bleach.
If you are using disinfectants bought from the store stay away from breathing the chemicals. Keep in mind to wipe down the cleaned areas such as countertops later by using water. Allow these surfaces to dry out fully before you prepare any food on them. There are some effective homemade cleaners such as hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar but do not mix them. In case you are using hydrogen peroxide, you must test it on unseen surfaces to ensure that it does not fade or discolor the surface.
Quick home cleaning
For cleaning up super-fast you can use these shortcuts. Maintain all the cleaning products inside a basket. This will keep them ready for use when you are and it is easy to carry them from one room to another. After spraying the disinfectant you might have to wait. You can carry out other household chores at the time. Utilize a plastic can liner for controlling the spill of trash and leakage. It will also quicken the cleaning process for garbage and wastebasket. Remember to sanitize the refrigerator after cleaning it and also the floor spills when they take place. This will ensure that they do not turn into a larger mess. It is possible to take out some serious germ build-ups within half an hour or definitely in less than a day. If you do not have pets or children this becomes even easier. Always start in the kitchen for this.
Many times the home cleaning is a time-consuming task even for the experienced housewives. In case you are in a good position in terms of funds you can think about the option of using professionals by ordering their services via the internet. The wet home cleaning can be arranged at a time suitable to you. If you are living in the Clearwater, FL area European Maids is a good alternative.
Picture Credit: Jeshoots