October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
In case you are suffering from some seasonal allergies and yet think that home cleaning is for birds, you need to read this article. It is estimated that more than 50 million U.S. citizens suffer from some kind of allergy. This figure is estimated by the American Asthma and Allergy Foundation. Many of these allergies are seasonal pollen allergies. If you are one of them, you will have to perform diligent home cleaning to ease the symptoms and avoid all the triggers. Allergens and dust particles tend to get collected in rugs, carpets, upholstery, and beddings.
Home cleaning tips for reducing allergy triggers
There are many benefits associated with home cleaning. But, a single annual spring cleaning will not be sufficient. You will have to perform home cleaning every week. It will allow you to get rid of the triggers that cause allergies and help you in relieving the allergy symptoms. Here are some home cleaning tips for reducing allergy triggers.
1. Hire home cleaning services: If you are suffering from severe allergies, it will be a good idea to think about hiring somebody to clean your home. You can also enlist some of your family members for help. However, when you are cleaning your house on your own, you need to be specific. For instance, utilize a mop and a damp cloth so that these allergens are trapped instead of floating around in the air. It would be best if you stayed away from cleaning products that have strong fragrances. Avoid shampooing the rugs and carpets by using heavily scented cleaners. They can aggravate the allergies rather than help them.
2. Pay attention to details: It is always a good idea to wear masks while you are cleaning. This is because home cleaning can kick up the allergens initially. This makes the allergy symptoms worse during and after the cleaning. Pay close attention to the various surfaces that attract allergens and dust. Look for the areas that have the potential for mold. Similarly, you can purge the basement and closets with books and clothing. Offset the bed with dust-mite-proof covers for pillows, mattresses, and box springs to get rid of dust mites from your home. It is a good idea to wash the sheets in hot water weekly for killing the dust mites.
3. Keep all the dander and dust under control: One of the more effective ways of combating spring allergies in the house is by keeping the dust away. Make sure that all the surfaces are clutter-free and clear. If you go over the different surfaces by using a microfiber cloth, it will do the trick. Keep in mind to wash away the pet beds. Brush the pets regularly to minimize dander within the house. You also vacuum the house every week or even twice a week, if possible, in case you are a chronic sufferer of spring allergies.
4. Clean and replace the vacuum filter regularly: Apart from cleaning and replacing the vacuum filter, you will have to ensure that your vacuum also has a HEPA filter. Almost all the normal filters will allow the small allergens to slip in. This means they will be sent right back in the air.
It is a good idea to stop the pollen from entering the house in the first place. With the spring just around the corner, you need to be ready to clean patios and decks. Try and keep these areas and entryways clean by sweeping. This will keep the pollen and dust to a minimum within the house. If you are looking for professional help in Clearwater, FL area, contact Finest European Maids. Even though it is tempting to try and get some fresh air, keep your doors and windows closed, especially when you have allergies.
Picture Credit: Crello
Many people these days spend a lot of time in their kitchens. You might have always enjoyed cooking or possibly you are loving a newfound hobby. It doesn’t matter what the reason is, one thing is certain, no one really likes one of the byproducts of home cooking-grease. It is easily one of the more stubborn soils and is extremely difficult to remove. To combat this domestic problem there is a selection of products available that can be employed during home cleaning. There is a range of products available from gentle green cleaners to dish soap and water. Let’s look at some steps to tackle or prevent grease formation in the house.
1. Wipe your stovetop clean after every use: This is definitely your best bet when you are battling against grease formation. Make this routine a part of your cleaning up process after your meals. This will ensure that there are no chances of grease building up.
2. Dish soap is quite effective for removing grease: This product is formulated for removing greasy food residues from your dishes. It can work well for the same task during home cleaning over the microwave or stovetop.
3. Citrus oils are useful for breaking down the grease: If you can add orange essential oils to the dish soap and water, it will not only smell great but can make your home cleaning a bit simpler as well.
4. For the more recent spills of grease, use flour on it: Sprinkling flour over the grease spill will help in cleaning the mess. Although this might seem to be counterintuitive (Wouldn’t it make a further mess?) but the truth is that the flour absorbs the grease. This makes it simpler to find and wipe the grease.
5. Use baking soda and water: Using baking soda with water is helpful in removing grease from all the pots and pans. Keep in mind that baking soda is alkaline. It means it is pretty effective for breaking down the grease during home cleaning. Pour a bit of water and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in a warm pan after you have finished using it for cooking. You can also use some soda water for this purpose. After soaking for a while, you will find that grease cleaning is a lot easier.
6. Using salt and rubbing alcohol for removing grease from the fabric: This method is extremely useful for fabrics that cannot be washed by using a washing machine. Some of them include couches and rugs. You need to mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol together with 1 part of salt and there you go. You need to use a clean piece of cloth for scrubbing the mixture inside the stain. You will have to scrub hard. After the grease stain is removed you must allow the spot to dry. After this, you can use the vacuum for cleaning up the remaining salt.
7. Performing your clean and simple home cleaning: You need to periodically perform home cleaning. This is the best method for keeping the grease away all the time.
Using different products for grease cleaning
Dish soap with warm water together makes for an extremely effective combination for tackling grease stains from your house. If you have tougher grease stains the technicians can spray the surface with degreasers. Then they will work on other aspects of home cleaning. The degreaser will work on breaking down all the grease. If you are entering the house for the first time there may be grease build-up in some areas. The cleaners will have the requisite tools for this problem as well. There is a Formula 409 cleaner available for breaking down the heavy grease. You can use the Easy-Off oven cleaner for grease build-up having taken place over the years.
Keep in mind that the best way of dealing with grease formation is to prevent it from getting worse. But you will need help from professional home cleaning teams for this. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids for this problem. They will make a quick work of these grease stains in your home and allow you to concentrate more on cooking. Using a cleaning service is necessary for all the busy families. So, get in touch with pros for your home cleaning and grease cleaning needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
From giving the mudroom the much-needed organizational change to hiding the wrangling wires under the desk, you would agree that it’s much easier to keep things clean when things are at their designated places. Although hiring a cleaning company helps you keep your house in the best condition, we recommend some accessible practices to help you maintain your home daily.
Some products by well-known brands, when applied, can tackle all sorts of organizational issues. Some of the easiest and the most effective corporate hacks that can help deal with the trickiest spaces and items have been discussed below.
Install Small Hooks to Reorganize Under the Kitchen Sink
Organizing the under-the-kitchen-sink cabinets can sometimes be challenging because they house several cleaning products and household supplies. The area is primarily tiny, but you already know the importance of maximizing each inch of space available. Clear small hooks when installed inside these cabinet doors or the interior walls transform the area instantly. They provide you with a convenient place to hang items such as cleaning gloves, dishcloths, and scrubbing brushes.
Decluttering The Laundry Room By Using Caddy and Spray Bottle Hangers
Irrespective of whether you have a dedicated laundry room in your house or not, optimizing the space will make your life easier. Install caddy and spray bottle hangers to create a place for dry sheets or lint rollers. You should set up multiple baskets or hampers labeled by color or family member to save time and eliminate the need to sort your laundry reputedly.
In addition, you can have a variety of spray bottles to eliminate the degrees of stuck-on stains. They attach both easily and quickly to the wall while ensuring the most-used stain removers remain out of sight but still within your reach. This is just what any good cleaning company would guide you to do and practice.
Use Cord Organizers To Tidy Up Your Tech Devices
Be it the video gaming consoles, headphones, laptops, or your smart devices; we are surrounded by miles of wiring around us. The list of household electronics and attached cords or chargers to power them often overwhelms us. Organizing them properly will save space and ensure that they remain working. It would even allow you to unplug them whenever required.
You do not need a professional cleaning company to take care of these. It’s easy than you think. You merely need to follow some basic steps that will help in keeping these wires clutter-free.
Storing Your Broom and Mop Securely With Broom Grippers
Most of us often discard our brooms or mops in the closet or the laundry area. Now, this being a regular practice leads to unnecessary wear and tear of the essential cleaning tools. Using a Broom Gripper allows you to organize your most used supplies in the best way and make them easily accessible. You can simply hand a Broom Gripper on the wall in your closet, mudroom, or laundry room.
The tips above are simple yet easy to implement regularly. Although you may find it hard to integrate the above practices in your schedule, over time, it becomes a habit, and you find it way easier than what you have been doing for years. Alternatively, you may contact a cleaning company to help you keep your house clean thoroughly.
If you are searching for a quality professional cleaning company in Clearwater, FL area, you should reach out to European Maids cleaning company. They have been serving residents in and around the area for years and are a well-known cleaning company today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
An important condition in the long-term use of carpet is its cleaning. During the operation of the carpet, it can appear all sorts of stains, stick fur of animals, as well as possible absorption of odors. Proper care of the floor carpet will extend its life by more than a decade.
Cleaning of a natural carpet
Natural carpet should be vacuumed at least once every three days, and at least once a month to do wet cleaning. You can use any household carpet shampoo when doing wet cleaning.
Cleaning of a synthetic carpet
If the carpet is in the office, it is better to put a special doormat before entering the room. It is undesirable to arrange wet cleaning for synthetic carpet as under the action of moisture it can be significantly reduced in size.
It is important to note, that the surface of the carpet is applied special dirt-repellent coating that can be washed off during wet cleaning.
Synthetic carpet is cleaned with a regular vacuum cleaner, and at least twice a year it is desirable to carry out dry cleaning. In that case, if you still decide to do wet cleaning, then you need to make sure that the carpet is completely dry. Otherwise, the fibers will begin to rot, and the coating will have to be discarded.
Therefore, for wet cleaning, it is better to call in a specialist, that will clean your carpet according to all the rules and re-cover the carpet with a dirt-repellent composition.
Special carpet cleaning remedies will not only wash away dirt and dust but, at the same time, will protect you from insects. Also, you can use universal cleaning shampoo, which is also good for cleaning carpets. To do this, you need just to wipe the coating with a sponge or brush, soaked in the shampoo. Then wipe the carpet with a wet cloth and wipe it to dry.
Natural remedies to remove stains:
Stains from fruit juice, tea, coffee, or chocolate can be easily cleaned with alcohol and vinegar. Proportions for solution: 2/3 of alcohol and 1/3 of vinegar.
If there are egg stains, at first, moisten the stains with soapy water, diluted with alkali (10%). Then just rinse with clean water.
Stains of paint, varnish, or paste for ballpoint pens you can remove if wiped with a cloth soaked in a solution of ethyl alcohol and turpentine.
Professional carpet cleaning
Professionals recommend at least once a year to use the services of the cleaning companies and dry carpet cleaning. Dry carpet cleaning helps get rid of dirt and accumulated dust and removes the smell of anyone bad odors. After this procedure, your carpet will be like new again!
Picture Credit: Pexels
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
The guestroom in your home usually sees maximal use all through the holiday season starting from Thanksgiving till New Year. You get a good opportunity to entertain your guests-family members and friends when they visit you to join you in your festivities. Though the celebrations and merry-making will be a tad muted and restrained this year owing to the pandemic, you’ll still find many reasons to play the enthusiastic host.
Below we have discussed some practical tips on how to spruce up your guest room for the forthcoming holiday season. These tips will stand you in good stead when it comes to tidying up the guest room to accessorizing the space, letting your guests feel perfectly at home.
Home Cleaning Thoroughly Before Arrival of Guests
You have probably forgotten the last time you cleaned up the spare bedroom for entertaining a close relative or friend of yours. More often than not you use the guestroom in your home as a hobby room, art room, or home office. Make sure you relocate or clear away personal stuff from the guestroom as much as you can well in advance for the holiday company.
The idea is to make your visitors or guests feel as comfortable as possible rather than giving them the impression that they’re being intrusive. After all, you’d want your near and dear ones visiting you to strongly believe that they’re welcome. Start home cleaning by dusting the entire room using a clean dry cloth or a microfiber duster beginning from upper surfaces.
If you have a carpeted floor, then use a vacuum cleaner for sucking up deep-seated dirt and grime from the carpet. On the other hand, brush off ceramic and hardwood floors using a high-quality floor cleaner and a mop with a reusable microfiber pad. You must have changed the bed linens and bedcovers following the departure of your visitors towards the end of the holiday season.
In case you haven’t, then make sure you do so before the arrival of your new guests or visitors. Do up the bed by spreading a recently laundered bedcover, and place cozy pillows, blankets, or duvets on one side. Layering the bed with a duvet or bedspread minimizes contact with pet dander, dust, microbes, and other potential allergens.
If your guest or visitor is particularly sensitive to scented or aromatic laundry detergent then using fragrance-free natural soap powder demonstrates that you care for your visitors’ wellbeing. And if the weather stays cool and sunny then make it a point to keep the entrance and windows open to let in enough sunshine and fresh air. This will ensure that the guestroom remains airy, clean, and free of moisture.
Also, see to it that there is sufficient space in the room for allowing your guests to put away their luggage and belongings. At the same time make sure that the closet or wardrobe has plenty of space and spare hangers for your guests’ clothes.
Keeping Your Guestroom Cozy and Snug for Holiday Company
It does not bear emphasis that your close guests (though they’re an extension of your family) may feel a bit discomfited staying in your home even if briefly. So, it is up to you to make your visitors feel fully relaxed and at ease. You can do the following to make your guests feel comfortable and remain calm and content during the holiday company: –
- Place a bedside desk or counter close to the bed for keeping eyeglasses, phone, books, and a water bottle handy during sleep.
- Keep spare pillows and blankets on the bed so that they have the option of choosing those which make them feel comfy.
- A desk lamp is very handy, it enables your guests to find their way back to the bed from the bathroom after they’ve switched off the lights.
- Placing a small card mentioning your Wi-Fi network’s name and password on the bedside desk helps your guests to stay in touch.
- Chances are that your visitors will be carrying their smartphone that also doubles up as an alarm clock. However, it’d be a good gesture on your part if you already keep a charging dock with an alarm clock in the guest room.
- The last thing your guests would want after getting up in the morning is to wake you up for their daily caffeine dose. And the best way to spare your visitors from the embarrassment is to install an electric kettle or coffeemaker with some disposable cups.
- There’s no gainsaying that everybody needs to stay hydrated during the cold and harsh winter season. Hence ensure that you keep a good number of water bottles or a pitcher. Also, keep snacks, including biscuits, crackers, wafers, and granola bars that your guests’ can have with their tea or coffee.
You can contact European Maids in Clearwater, FL if you are looking for professional help. They provide experienced professionals equipped with modern tools to clean your house effectively.
Picture Credit: Crello
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
With the increased usage of computers and smartphones, more children are getting exposed to the online world. Hence online security becomes an important concern for kids and teens. Being a parent, you need to safeguard your kids from the world by implementing ideas that ensure they are safe and hacks that could help them deal with uncomfortable online situations. Below we have discussed some best ways of safeguarding teens, tweens, and in-betweens who remain online consistently.
Never Allow Your Children to Post Personal Pictures or Information
Keeping your personal life out of the public eye is challenging with increased exposure to social media. Unknowingly kids share their images at home or other places that tell the world about the location they are at. When you take a picture using a GPS-enabled smartphone, it includes metadata along with additional information embedded in the image. Such information can be easily used to track location your location.
As per a survey by Common Sense Media, over 53% of American children aged below 11 and 84% of American teens owned smartphones. Strangers can take advantage of such information for accessing and locating minors through image tracking. To counter this, you can disable location settings for the camera to eliminate metadata. Both Android and iOS devices support disabling location settings. For computer-saved images, you can upload them to data-stripping free software for Linux, Mac, and Windows Operating Systems.
Prevent Your Kids or Young Adults From Sharing Their Password
Protecting your personal information online is important to prevent the chances of being hacked. Sharing passwords with friends online exposes your children to data breaches that can have dire consequences. Even if you share such information with a trusted family member online, everything leaves a digital trail. Information transmitted through messaging systems or emails is there to stay forever irrespective of the fact you try hard to erase them. It is possible to retrieve and use deleted data without your knowledge.
Experts also warn about another issue related to passwords. They advise you to not use the same password for multiple websites and accounts. Professionals call it password repetition and it is a common reason for identity theft. CIS (Center of Internet Security) recommends protecting passwords by securely noting in a notebook and not on any computer.
Stay Informed With Whom Your Children are Chatting Online
Although it seems impossible to track each person your child speaks with online, you need to be diligent about their involvement online. There are a number of both free and paid apps that allow you to secretly monitor your kid’s online security such as Pocket Guardian, VISR, and Bark.
You can keep your communication open and honest in case you are concerned about invading your child’s privacy. Kids surfing the web should know that not everyone they come across online saying who they are the has right intentions. You should start this vital conversation the moment you know your child has an online presence. Having a normalized conversation about online safety with your child is the best way of mitigating any possible problems that may occur.
Ensure Your Child Takes Permission Before Download Any Game or App
Internet games are a major attraction through which children usually start their online interaction. There are websites promoting ads encouraging children to download unknown programs or games based on recent searches. In case someone downloads unauthorized data, it might infect your computer with malware or malicious spyware that often makes you vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
Both Apple’s App Store and Google PlayStore offer you parental controls for better internet safety for kids allowing you to prevent unauthorized app downloads. You may also use apps like Boomerang that encourage your children to take permission before downloading.
Set-up Your System in a Central Location
Your children should be informed that both computers and the internet keep a lasting record of online activity. Ensure their online behavior is not be different from how they act in person. Like they should never walk up and hold a conversation with a stranger, they should do the same online.
If you looking for a service provider offering organizational and home cleaning services in Clearwater, FL, contact European Maids. They offer a wide range of useful services through their licensed and trained employees.
Picture Credit: Crello
Deep cleaning in summer is an important activity as both heat and humidity contribute towards germ build-up. We have to be extra careful during the summer months and you will be surprised that it isn’t as hard as you might be thinking. Below we have listed five common areas that attract the most grime in the warmer months. We have also discussed the best ways to keep them clean throughout the summers.
When having a central air conditioning system, you should be changing furnace filters after every 2-3 months during summers. As air conditioning flows through the same ducts as heats, changing filters trap allergens and pollutants and reduce the risks of mold.
Although white bleach brightens the area and kills molds, it doesn’t treat the root of the issue. Spray white vinegar on small and big patches of mold on any hard surface thoroughly. Let it sit there for an hour and then rinse using a damp cloth and warm water. You may need to scrub in case the spot doesn’t go easily. Take a paste of baking soda with water in a bowl to scrub using a sponge.
Indoor air often gets stagnant in summers and allows odors to linger in small spaces like closets. Even areas where you keep sports equipment and shoes tend to get extra smelly in summers as moisture levels increase. This leads to bacteria growth and produces odor. You need to address this issue instead of covering the moisture using a spray.
For this purpose, baking soda is highly effective as it absorbs moisture and traps odor. For cleaning the air, place an open box of baking soda in the smelly area and add a few drops of refreshing essential oils. Shake the solution every week to refresh the scent and further activate its odor-absorbing qualities. You may even sprinkle baking soda for a quick refresh. Allow it to sit for some hours or overnight before dumping it away.
Summer is an ideal season to clean your windows and allow the sun in. Make a solution using 50/50 distilled water and white vinegar. You can add a few drops of lemon or orange essential oil for degreasing power and extra scent. For cleaning taller windows, you can use a handheld steamer with an extension hose and window squeegee. Fill a steamer and gently squeegee the windows. Wipe the excess water using a simple microfiber cloth. The steamer also helps in keeping away the stuck-on messes forming on the windows.
Garbage and hot air are a bad combination that can lead to the development of a foul smell. You should regularly wash your garbage cans using a soap solution and allow them to dry completely before reuse. In addition, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda on the can’s bottom before putting a new bag. Dumping of baking soda should be done once every couple of weeks and start with a fresh new layer to absorb odors.
Searching for a reliable cleaning service company in Clearwater & Pinellas County? Look no further as European Maids are there to service all your needs. Their team is not only trained with the best standards but equipped with advanced cleaning tools and equipment. They provide licensed maids to perform all sorts of home cleaning tasks at the most competitive rates.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Although you might be excited to shift, moving into a new home isn’t easy. We mostly consider packing and unpacking to be the only two major tasks to consider but there are several other things you should be aware of. Comfortably settling down in your new house, learning how it functions, and prioritizing things you have to tackle are important too. Each small and big things need to be done correctly instead of waiting and assuming they could be figured out later.
You may or may not have prepared a checklist to tackle all issues related to moving into a new home. But we have shortlisted a quick checklist to ensure you aren’t missing the important ones while executing your plans to move.
Walkthrough Your New House
First and foremost, it’s good to spend some time exploring an empty house. It allows you to imagine and plan about what to place where. Be it setting up your furniture or unpacking your belongings, things get a lot easier when you know where each needs to be placed. Other than that, do a comprehensive inspection if:
- Repairs have been done as requested or agreed with the previous owner.
- Everything is included as per the contract for sale
- Everything such as outlets, fixtures, and switches are in working order
In case you find issues going against a sale contract, you should call the realtor immediately and explain the issues.
Pet or Child Proof
In case you are moving to this house with little kids or pets, your immediate concern should be doing initial childproofing. This ensures basic safety is maintained before stepping inside the house. Things like creating a dedicated space to store discarded packing materials and inspecting all windows to check if they are securely closed. Also, check if they are any hanging cords coming off the blinds. You should also keep cleaning supplies, glassware, and box cutters at a place that cannot be easily reached by kids or pets.
Plan What Goes Where
Doing this saves a lot of time and trouble when moving into a new home. Planning helps you set up things quickly and avoid any confusion when your belongings arrive. Your priority should be to plan for all large and heavy items such as furniture. Besides having a basic idea of what goes where you should also plan how they should be set up. You might make changes later on but if you have a plan, setting up your house becomes quicker and much easier.
Ensure All Utilities are Set-Up
You must have arranged your utilities to be ready before moving in. Now you should also ensure they are ready and working properly before moving into the new house. Verify heating and cooling, internet, electric, water, and gas are set up properly. It’s also a good idea to call the local waste management facility and register your home for garbage pick-up.
Check Location of Water Valve and Fuse Box
Both are important things and you should be well aware of where they are located. It’s recommended to identify their locations well in advance so that you don’t end up looking for them in case of an emergency. It could be a sudden power failure or you might need to turn off the water supply, you would need access to both these places immediately.
Deep Clean The Entire Property
You would never want to clean your house immediately after moving in. Hence, it’s better to do deep cleaning an empty house in all corners before you move in. Hiring a professional cleaner is advised instead of trying to clean the house yourself.
Repairing Should Be a Priority
If you are moving into a new house, you might not need to do this. But if people were living inside the house before, you will have to undertake some repair projects. Inspecting the house and looking for damages at every corner should be your priority. Also, you should get those repairs done before moving your furniture and other belongings to the new house.
Other Important Things To Consider
Besides the things mentioned above, there are a few more things to consider. They include changing the old locks, changing your address with the post office before moving into a new home, and meeting your neighbors. Planning well in advance can ease the pressure and hurdles that you face while shifting.
Cleaning for instance is very important to ensure both safety and hygiene requirements are met. In case you are searching for a professional agency that can help you deep clean your new house in Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL, call European Maids right away.
Picture Credit: Freepik