October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
If you have ever wondered whether to hire a cleaning service, the answer is YES; you owe it to yourself. Who doesn’t want a person or a group of people to come in and clean the apartment or home? However, these cleaning services are not cheap. You will have to pay anything between $100 to $200 for your biweekly cleaning. Although this depends on the number of rooms, you are trying to have cleaned by the cleaning company. Is it worth all the money? Here are some reasons.
1. It will reduce the stress developed by the family: It is possible that your spouse is a freak for cleanliness and complains about your slovenly ways all the time. Possibly your in-laws visit your place often, and you have to hear some catty remarks about the condition of your house. There are people out there that hire cleaning services for family reasons. If your parents are visiting, it might be a good idea to spend the money on cleaning to keep up with their standards. It allows you not to touch things you don’t wish to.
2. It reduces self-induced stress: Maybe the family is not giving you grief about the house being unclean and messy, but you are still beating yourself up. There is some science behind the connection between cleaning and decreased anxiety. Washing dishes, mopping floors, and ironing can be calming, primarily when conducted mindfully.
3. Some people hate cleaning: Not many people will opt for vacuuming instead of going to the beach. However, there are people out there that enjoy some tasks such as folding laundry while watching Netflix. However, others cannot fool themselves into thinking that cleaning is anything else than a grind. Most people hate housework. Although some people don’t mind keeping it neat, doing detailed work and scrubbing can take a long time. Many people are also not too good at it.
4. You can lose money: Some people may have heard about opportunity costs when hiring a professional cleaner rather than doing things yourself. You need to compare your hourly rate at work and the cost of hiring a pro for house cleaning. If you earn $100 per hour and it takes 5 hours to clean the home, in a sense, you are spending $500 on cleaning. You can spend $130 to get professionals to do the same work in a couple of hours or do an even better job in many cases. But if you earn just $10 per hour, and it takes five hours for cleaning, you are spending just $50.
There are some reasons why the work of a cleaning service is undermined and makes it less cost-effective. For example, an aggressive dog may chase the cleaning crew around your home. For this problem, consider bringing in the pros on a grooming day. You should keep the cleaning service pros informed about your priorities and the pet peeves you may have. If you do not wish for any water to be used on your floors, tell them about it.
Another question is, how do you feel about spending money to decide whether a cleaning service was worth the amount spent? For the people living in Clearwater, FL area, a terrific alternative is available in Finest European Maid to perform house cleaning.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Many people these days spend a lot of time in their kitchens. You might have always enjoyed cooking or possibly you are loving a newfound hobby. It doesn’t matter what the reason is, one thing is certain, no one really likes one of the byproducts of home cooking-grease. It is easily one of the more stubborn soils and is extremely difficult to remove. To combat this domestic problem there is a selection of products available that can be employed during home cleaning. There is a range of products available from gentle green cleaners to dish soap and water. Let’s look at some steps to tackle or prevent grease formation in the house.
1. Wipe your stovetop clean after every use: This is definitely your best bet when you are battling against grease formation. Make this routine a part of your cleaning up process after your meals. This will ensure that there are no chances of grease building up.
2. Dish soap is quite effective for removing grease: This product is formulated for removing greasy food residues from your dishes. It can work well for the same task during home cleaning over the microwave or stovetop.
3. Citrus oils are useful for breaking down the grease: If you can add orange essential oils to the dish soap and water, it will not only smell great but can make your home cleaning a bit simpler as well.
4. For the more recent spills of grease, use flour on it: Sprinkling flour over the grease spill will help in cleaning the mess. Although this might seem to be counterintuitive (Wouldn’t it make a further mess?) but the truth is that the flour absorbs the grease. This makes it simpler to find and wipe the grease.
5. Use baking soda and water: Using baking soda with water is helpful in removing grease from all the pots and pans. Keep in mind that baking soda is alkaline. It means it is pretty effective for breaking down the grease during home cleaning. Pour a bit of water and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in a warm pan after you have finished using it for cooking. You can also use some soda water for this purpose. After soaking for a while, you will find that grease cleaning is a lot easier.
6. Using salt and rubbing alcohol for removing grease from the fabric: This method is extremely useful for fabrics that cannot be washed by using a washing machine. Some of them include couches and rugs. You need to mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol together with 1 part of salt and there you go. You need to use a clean piece of cloth for scrubbing the mixture inside the stain. You will have to scrub hard. After the grease stain is removed you must allow the spot to dry. After this, you can use the vacuum for cleaning up the remaining salt.
7. Performing your clean and simple home cleaning: You need to periodically perform home cleaning. This is the best method for keeping the grease away all the time.
Using different products for grease cleaning
Dish soap with warm water together makes for an extremely effective combination for tackling grease stains from your house. If you have tougher grease stains the technicians can spray the surface with degreasers. Then they will work on other aspects of home cleaning. The degreaser will work on breaking down all the grease. If you are entering the house for the first time there may be grease build-up in some areas. The cleaners will have the requisite tools for this problem as well. There is a Formula 409 cleaner available for breaking down the heavy grease. You can use the Easy-Off oven cleaner for grease build-up having taken place over the years.
Keep in mind that the best way of dealing with grease formation is to prevent it from getting worse. But you will need help from professional home cleaning teams for this. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids for this problem. They will make a quick work of these grease stains in your home and allow you to concentrate more on cooking. Using a cleaning service is necessary for all the busy families. So, get in touch with pros for your home cleaning and grease cleaning needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
From giving the mudroom the much-needed organizational change to hiding the wrangling wires under the desk, you would agree that it’s much easier to keep things clean when things are at their designated places. Although hiring a cleaning company helps you keep your house in the best condition, we recommend some accessible practices to help you maintain your home daily.
Some products by well-known brands, when applied, can tackle all sorts of organizational issues. Some of the easiest and the most effective corporate hacks that can help deal with the trickiest spaces and items have been discussed below.
Install Small Hooks to Reorganize Under the Kitchen Sink
Organizing the under-the-kitchen-sink cabinets can sometimes be challenging because they house several cleaning products and household supplies. The area is primarily tiny, but you already know the importance of maximizing each inch of space available. Clear small hooks when installed inside these cabinet doors or the interior walls transform the area instantly. They provide you with a convenient place to hang items such as cleaning gloves, dishcloths, and scrubbing brushes.
Decluttering The Laundry Room By Using Caddy and Spray Bottle Hangers
Irrespective of whether you have a dedicated laundry room in your house or not, optimizing the space will make your life easier. Install caddy and spray bottle hangers to create a place for dry sheets or lint rollers. You should set up multiple baskets or hampers labeled by color or family member to save time and eliminate the need to sort your laundry reputedly.
In addition, you can have a variety of spray bottles to eliminate the degrees of stuck-on stains. They attach both easily and quickly to the wall while ensuring the most-used stain removers remain out of sight but still within your reach. This is just what any good cleaning company would guide you to do and practice.
Use Cord Organizers To Tidy Up Your Tech Devices
Be it the video gaming consoles, headphones, laptops, or your smart devices; we are surrounded by miles of wiring around us. The list of household electronics and attached cords or chargers to power them often overwhelms us. Organizing them properly will save space and ensure that they remain working. It would even allow you to unplug them whenever required.
You do not need a professional cleaning company to take care of these. It’s easy than you think. You merely need to follow some basic steps that will help in keeping these wires clutter-free.
Storing Your Broom and Mop Securely With Broom Grippers
Most of us often discard our brooms or mops in the closet or the laundry area. Now, this being a regular practice leads to unnecessary wear and tear of the essential cleaning tools. Using a Broom Gripper allows you to organize your most used supplies in the best way and make them easily accessible. You can simply hand a Broom Gripper on the wall in your closet, mudroom, or laundry room.
The tips above are simple yet easy to implement regularly. Although you may find it hard to integrate the above practices in your schedule, over time, it becomes a habit, and you find it way easier than what you have been doing for years. Alternatively, you may contact a cleaning company to help you keep your house clean thoroughly.
If you are searching for a quality professional cleaning company in Clearwater, FL area, you should reach out to European Maids cleaning company. They have been serving residents in and around the area for years and are a well-known cleaning company today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
Although you might be excited to shift, moving into a new home isn’t easy. We mostly consider packing and unpacking to be the only two major tasks to consider but there are several other things you should be aware of. Comfortably settling down in your new house, learning how it functions, and prioritizing things you have to tackle are important too. Each small and big things need to be done correctly instead of waiting and assuming they could be figured out later.
You may or may not have prepared a checklist to tackle all issues related to moving into a new home. But we have shortlisted a quick checklist to ensure you aren’t missing the important ones while executing your plans to move.
Walkthrough Your New House
First and foremost, it’s good to spend some time exploring an empty house. It allows you to imagine and plan about what to place where. Be it setting up your furniture or unpacking your belongings, things get a lot easier when you know where each needs to be placed. Other than that, do a comprehensive inspection if:
- Repairs have been done as requested or agreed with the previous owner.
- Everything is included as per the contract for sale
- Everything such as outlets, fixtures, and switches are in working order
In case you find issues going against a sale contract, you should call the realtor immediately and explain the issues.
Pet or Child Proof
In case you are moving to this house with little kids or pets, your immediate concern should be doing initial childproofing. This ensures basic safety is maintained before stepping inside the house. Things like creating a dedicated space to store discarded packing materials and inspecting all windows to check if they are securely closed. Also, check if they are any hanging cords coming off the blinds. You should also keep cleaning supplies, glassware, and box cutters at a place that cannot be easily reached by kids or pets.
Plan What Goes Where
Doing this saves a lot of time and trouble when moving into a new home. Planning helps you set up things quickly and avoid any confusion when your belongings arrive. Your priority should be to plan for all large and heavy items such as furniture. Besides having a basic idea of what goes where you should also plan how they should be set up. You might make changes later on but if you have a plan, setting up your house becomes quicker and much easier.
Ensure All Utilities are Set-Up
You must have arranged your utilities to be ready before moving in. Now you should also ensure they are ready and working properly before moving into the new house. Verify heating and cooling, internet, electric, water, and gas are set up properly. It’s also a good idea to call the local waste management facility and register your home for garbage pick-up.
Check Location of Water Valve and Fuse Box
Both are important things and you should be well aware of where they are located. It’s recommended to identify their locations well in advance so that you don’t end up looking for them in case of an emergency. It could be a sudden power failure or you might need to turn off the water supply, you would need access to both these places immediately.
Deep Clean The Entire Property
You would never want to clean your house immediately after moving in. Hence, it’s better to do deep cleaning an empty house in all corners before you move in. Hiring a professional cleaner is advised instead of trying to clean the house yourself.
Repairing Should Be a Priority
If you are moving into a new house, you might not need to do this. But if people were living inside the house before, you will have to undertake some repair projects. Inspecting the house and looking for damages at every corner should be your priority. Also, you should get those repairs done before moving your furniture and other belongings to the new house.
Other Important Things To Consider
Besides the things mentioned above, there are a few more things to consider. They include changing the old locks, changing your address with the post office before moving into a new home, and meeting your neighbors. Planning well in advance can ease the pressure and hurdles that you face while shifting.
Cleaning for instance is very important to ensure both safety and hygiene requirements are met. In case you are searching for a professional agency that can help you deep clean your new house in Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL, call European Maids right away.
Picture Credit: Freepik
If you have a cat or a dog as your pet, carpet cleaning becomes a challenge during home cleaning. These pets are capable of chewing up your carpet and leave it with stains. More than that, they also leave a lot of hair that will build up within the carpet. Luckily there are some experts available out there that will tell you that there is no need to give up your pet for maintaining a clean carpet in the house. Here are some tips for pet owners to maintain their carpets appearing fresh.
Buy a stain-resistant kind of carpet
Stain-resistant carpets are always a terrific alternative. When you are replacing your carpet, getting stain-resistant carpets is a good idea because they are more resilient. They will also last a lot longer than usual carpets. Stain-resistant carpets provide a protective factor from a cleaning perspective and the fiber part. Apart from that, it is a terrific idea to get your expert carpet cleaner to use a carpet protectant during every cleaning procedure.
Cleaning pet urine
One of the more frustrating parts of carpet cleaning is cleaning pet urine. When you are trying to remove the urine spots from your carpet, it is a great idea to catch them as early as possible. After you have initially seen a bad spot, you have to get many paper towels or pieces of cloth and use them for blotting by stepping on this spot using the cloth. After this, apply 3% hydrogen peroxide liberally. Do not worry; the man-made fibers are not damaged due to this. Then blot again and repeat the procedure when the carpet is dry, as many times as required. It will allow you to remove the urine as you are waiting for the professional carpet cleaning team to complete this task as a part of their home cleaning exercise.
Trim the nails of your pets
Although this depends on the length of your pet’s nails, they can impart damage to your carpet. If your pet is excited sometimes and begins to do zoomies on the carpet, it is likely to snag the strands away from the carpet. Even though it appears extremely cute when your pet is doing it, there is an unraveling effect on your carpet exposing the spots on your carpet. It is also significant to be aware that when you are trimming the nails of your pet, make use of a pet file. This will not only trim the nails of your pets but will protect your carpet. It protects your hardwood flooring as well. Some people even take their pets to a vet or a salon if they are worried about this scary problem of cutting the nails too close and cause the pet to bleed.
Use vacuum often
Although your pet might not shed too much there is always going to be dander on your carpet. Dander may cause the carpet getting weighed down and it can provide a nasty odor to it. For preventing this from happening there is a need to vacuum them often. When you own a high pile carpet, there is a need to use a suitable vacuum cleaner to make sure that you get all the dander and dirt out of the carpet.
If you have pets several steps can be used for taking care of your carpet and many of them can be implemented. Maintaining your carpet is a reflection of a clean home and the fact that you take pride in cleaning it. If you live in the area of Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL, and in need of home cleaning contact experienced professionals from European Maids as they can clean your carpet floors and the whole house the best possible way.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Providing your kitchen sink a deep clean should always be a part of your regular kitchen cleaning routine. There is a tendency to think that as there is a lot of soap and water running through a kitchen sink daily, it is a relatively clean place. However, that is not the case in reality. Splashing and rinsing by using dish soap that takes place each day don’t have anything to do with proper sink cleaning. Here are some tips for cleaning the kitchen sink in the right manner.
1. Provide thorough rinse to the sink
Before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink you may wish to wash off all the dishes and provide a thorough rinse to the sink. All the liquid, foods, and debris lying in the sink must be rinsed away before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink. After rinsing, clear the drains also. In reality, it is a good practice to perform daily, even when you do not have the time for complete kitchen cleaning. While taking into consideration stainless steel sinks, remember that salt and acids within food may damage the finishing of the sink. For other kinds of kitchen sinks, it makes cleaning the stains harder. Rinsing the sink must be a daily chore before night.
2. Sprinkling baking soda in the sink and scrub
After rinsing the sink of debris and food articles you need to sprinkle baking soda in it. Cover the entire sink and do not hold back. Canisters of baking soda are available that can be sprinkled. You may even use a mason jar with holes drilled on the top. If you take the mason jar option, you can even add a few drops of essential oils to soda. This will give a great smell to the entire kitchen. After you have the baking soda covering the whole sink, you should start scrubbing. Use a bit of dish soap on the sponge for simpler cleaning. Although baking soda is a bit abrasive, it is not bad enough to scratch the stainless steel kitchen sink surfaces not even other kinds of surfaces. Scrub top to bottom to ensure that you are scrubbing towards the drain. The best method for cleaning a sink is by using circular motions for scrubbing away the whole sink.
After you have finished scrubbing the sink surfaces clean, you should sanitize the surface. Provide a good rinse to the freshly scrubbed kitchen sink to ensure that all the things you have cleaned are getting washed away to the drain. Now, soak the paper towels with white vinegar and utilize them for lining the sink. Cover the whole sink and let the vinegar and towels sit on it for 20 minutes. Keep in mind that vinegar is a natural sanitizer and it can remove hard water stains.
4. Cleaning faucets
After the basin of the sink is clean and sanitized, remember to clean a handle and a faucet. Sink faucets and handles may be cleaned by using a mild soapy solution. You can use a surface cleaner or dish soap with a sponge and it will do trick for you. When you are finished cleaning the faucets you may apply a vinegar-soaked cloth for wiping down and sanitizing commonly handled surfaces. After this, remember to deodorize a drain and disposal.
Well, all that is remaining now is to take a step back and admire the handy work you have done during kitchen cleaning. However, sometimes things are out of hand and kitchen cleaning can turn out to be trickier than you would have envisaged. If you live Clearwater, FL area you can get in touch with European Maids to ensure that the kitchen sink and the entire process of kitchen cleaning get the right treatment.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Most people crave getting the feeling of being in control in terms of having an organized space. Many times you have additional time at your disposal. You can use this time for cleaning closets in your home. In most cases, our closets are a lot less organized and far more cluttered than what we see in magazines or on TV. As these closets serve the purpose of being a storage space they tend to get full of several items that are without proper housing. Similar to a clean home, an organized and simplified closet can improve your mood. Here are some tips.
1. Be honest with yourselves: Many times you keep clothes that you do not need any longer for emotional reasons rather than for any logical ones. It is especially true for those struggling with weight fluctuations or changing body shapes. Many times the memory of how we appeared in a certain outfit a while ago can be overpowering to the reality of how clothes fit you now. Similarly, there is all possibility that you might have bought some clothes while taking into consideration a fantasy version of yourself. But in reality, you might never feel comfortable wearing that kind of clothes. Before performing closet cleaning try on every item and ask yourself these questions,
- Why should I own this item?
- Do I need this piece of clothing?
- Do I love this dress?
- Is this clothing item flattering to me?
- Am I likely to wear it tomorrow?
- Does the item fit properly at the moment?
2. Be aware of the places to donate the clothes: Closet cleaning will be a lot easier if you are aware of the places where you will be donating the clothing items ahead of time. This way ensures that after you have finished purging and decluttering the wardrobe, you may quickly whisk the items away to some deserving recipient thereby making this process a lot simpler. You can also think about consigning gently used or expensive clothing. You can make the closet cleaning process easier by keeping a donation bin, basket, or bag right within the closet. It allows you to de-clutter the closet and toss away the items that you no longer need.
3. Ensure a weekly sweeping: The more often you perform closet cleaning the lesser time it will take the next time around and simpler it will be. If you can commit to a weekly clutter clearing you will just have to spend 10 to 15 minutes every once a week or twice a week inside the closet for placing the unnecessary items within the donation box. You can re-arrange the clothes that fell out of place fold and re-hang the clothes that were strewn about your bathroom and bedroom. All of this procedure will take a lot lesser time than you think if you could handle it methodically.
4. Maximize the available storage space: Are you taking full advantage of the nooks and crannies of your closet? You will be able to fit more clothes in the closet by maximizing the space available by using the best available closet storing products. You can use the closet door for hanging the often-worn jewelry and scarves by installing hooks at the eye-level. You may think of adding inexpensive shelving in case the closet already does not have one. Other options can be hanging drawers and shoe organizers for making the most out of the available space.
Many times you are looking for a fresh perspective and sometimes you just do not know where to begin. Guidance from someone with experience in decluttering can be invaluable at such times. It is a good idea to hire the services of professionals in this case. If you live in the Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning as they can transform your closet with their organized services.
Picture Credit: Freepik
For parents living with their little ones, things are always similar to being in the season of sticky messes and sugar highs. It is more like a way of life for them. Candies, chocolates, sticky objects with food coloring containing sugary coating are notorious for settling onto carpets, clothing, and furniture fibers and the worst part is that they stay put. But, there is no need to be worried about cleaning these stains anymore. You can get professionals that are trained in tricks for cleaning stubborn stains.
Similar to most of the other stains you need to act quickly when you observe chocolate stains on your clothing, upholstery, or carpet. You may begin the cleaning by scraping off the excess or scraping chocolate by using a spoon or a knife. The vacuum hose may also be tried especially while removing stains from furniture and carpet. Doing this initially prevents the spreading of the stains or grinding out the chocolate further to fibers. From this onward your actions will depend on the item to be cleaned.
Clothing: After scraping off the extra chocolate you can turn the clothing items inside out and rinse away the stains by using cold water from the other side of the garments. This will help in pushing the chocolate out of the fibers. You may now spot-treat the stains by using stain removers, laundry detergents, or liquid dish soaps. Work into the lather gently. After this, soak the item in cold water for 30 minutes at least. Inspect the item for stains, and if there are more stains you can lather them and soak them again. After the stain is gone launder the item as usual. You can also air-dry the clothing item to make sure that the stain is gone.
Carpets and upholstery: After scraping away the loose chocolate, use 2 cups of lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap. You may use a soft cloth or a soft-bristle brush to gently apply the mixture to the stains. Dab the stained area rather than rubbing it for preventing the chocolate staining. Blot the stains by using a dry cloth or paper towels. Keep on applying the soapy water and then blotting it dry by using cloth until the stains are no longer visible.
Hard candies and lollipops
In many cases, the half-consumed hard candies and peppermints, manage to find their ways to the ground. This may happen in the case of the car flooring or the living room carpets. The real problem while cleaning this sticky mess is that it can become a worse problem if someone steps onto it unknowingly and grinds the material into the fiber. Follow this procedure for removing hard candies.
Spray the plain water on the candy stain for dissolving the bonded sugar. If you do not have a spray bottle you may dab the candy by using a wet cloth. Use a butter knife or a spoon for scraping off the candy. It might take some time for the water to dissolve the sugar from the stain. Now, apply the stain remover for eliminating the leftover candy dyes or residues. You can use enzyme cleaners, store-purchased carpet cleaners, or distilled white vinegar if you do not have any stain removers.
Now, blot the stained area by using a dry and clean cloth for lifting the stain. After the stain has been removed, wash away the carpet cleaner by dabbing the stained area with a damp and clean cloth. Any remaining excess moisture can also be removed by blotting the area again by using a dry cloth. Then allow this cleaned area to dry.
If you are overwhelmed with household cleaning tasks do not worry about it. If you reside in the Clearwater, FL area you may contact the professionals available at European Maids Cleaning for an appointment to inspect the dirty area. These professional home cleaning services will give you back the free time that can be enjoyed elsewhere.
Picture Credit: Freepik