July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Whether you are facing a dreaded annual spring cleaning or pesky guest who is known for his snarky remarks, hiring a professional house cleaning service would be the best option. Making sure that your home is spotless, is one of the tedious procedure. You have to get rid of icky spider webs, wipe repeatedly on table tops to remove stains and mop the floors of the whole house. We have given the reasons for why do you need such services in your life.
• If you have a full-time job, you won’t be able to give enough time to the cleaning process. Consequently, you an untidy bedroom awaits you every night.
• If you don’t waste your weekend on scrubbing the countertop, you can give that time to your family.
• You might need assistance for annual cleaning as every nook and cranny needs to be cleaned. An individual cannot accomplish this task in a day without some help.
Everyone needs extra help but you have to make sure that the support deserves every penny you spend on it. Let’s have a look at some of the ways which let you make the right choice.
Experience and Awards
To make sure that the home cleaning company is trustworthy, ask them about their experience. Most people prefer hiring a cleaning lady as it is cheaper but this option also comes with risks. You don’t know whether the cleaning lady is professional or an amateur. Furthermore, no one would be able to guarantee her reliability.
An experienced cleaning service would know how to satisfy you. They would have proper knowledge of dealing with each stain. Ask company whether they have received any awards for their services. This will ensure that their dependable as professional organizations have recognized their services.
Know About Services
Some cleaning companies will take your requests before starting their work while others will offer you fixed services. Choose the one which fulfills your demand the most. Before hiring a company, make a checklist of all the services you require from the company. If the company you have selected offer all the services you need, then pay them up. Without proper research don’t hire a company as it might cause problems in the future.
Do They Have Permanent Employees or Contract Workers?
Find out whether the staff of the cleaning service is a permanent employee or contract workers. Some companies depend on contract workers as they are cheaper. Contract workers do not enjoy the benefits that permanent employees do. Moreover, the cleaning service does not train these workers as they are replaceable. You can expect an amateur service from these companies.
Permanent employees enjoy benefits such as health insurance. Furthermore, the company takes responsibility for training the employees as their reputation depend on their performance. They might be expensive but they will provide better service.
Do They Provide Cleaning Supplies?
Most companies don’t want the turd from your house to travel to another house through their mop. Consequently, they will ask you to provide them with cleaning supplies. They will give you a list of all the tools they will need to make your house squeaky clean. Others will bring their own supplies with them and you don’t have to run around the town looking for right equipment.
Finding a reliable home cleaning services is not an easy task as there are many scammers out there. The tips mentioned above will provide you with insight in selecting the best cleaning service in town. Keep your needs in mind and sit back and relax until they are done with their job.
If you can not wake up, and go all day exhausted, look around you. Perhaps the causes of drowsiness are from you at arm’s length.
These seven completely harmless and habitual things in your home can be a cause of sleep disturbance and even a chronic sense of fatigue.
The disorder in the house keeps your brain in constant tension. And permanent stress (even such a subtle one) leads to nervous exhaustion and a sense of eternal fatigue. To break the vicious circle, make Sunday cleaning a useful habit.
2. The walls are blue
It sounds strange, but according to the results of the American study, which analyzed 2,000 different houses with blue-colored bedrooms, it is this calming color that can slow the heart rate and lower heart pressure. So, the blue background makes you feel drowsy. Even if you do not realize it.
3. TV and computer
More precisely, the habit of falling asleep under his accompaniment. The fact is that radiation suppresses the production of melatonin, a hormone regulator of circadian rhythms, responsible for healthy fatigue and sleep. As a result, the dream itself becomes clunky and shallow, so that in the morning you will probably wake up even more tired than you fell asleep.
Those who suffer from insomnia or sleep disorders, it is better to refuse to work at the computer in the evenings. Glow from the monitor, adversely affects the human biorhythms.
Do you like to drink dinner with a glass of red wine? It’s not bad. But only if you have dinner at least three or four hours before bedtime. But the use of even a small dose of alcohol later, contrary to popular belief, will not give a strong sleep, and restless. And, as a result, a feeling of utter impotence in the morning.
5. Scented candles
Especially, with the aroma of lavender and other “relaxing”. Do not underestimate the effect of aromatherapy.
Smells are strongly associated with emotional memory. Therefore, it is very useful to have at hand an aroma associated with the experienced minutes of intense happiness, delight, bliss. Breathe it more often, it will help to keep a good mood.
6. Always lowered blinds and thick curtains
Darkness is a friend of good sleep. But in order not to feel drowsy at four o’clock in the evening, leave the windows unblowned until the quiet hour is near.
7. Too cold room
A cold shower certainly invigorates better than coffee, the cool temperature in the house, on the contrary, makes you feel sleepy. So try to cool only the bedroom and not only shortly before sleep.
Energy takes away household trivia: dirty dishes in the sink, not tucked bed, things scattered around the apartment. Replenish the reserves of cheerfulness will help simple cleaning. Put everything in its place, and you will immediately feel much better.
Image credit: RobinHiggins
More often than not, you are unable to carve out time from your busy schedule for house cleaning despite your willingness. So, it is not unusual for grime and dirt to accumulate all over the house making the entire place look untidy if you keep on dithering with cleansing the household. At times you might be tempted to seek professional help but when you work out and add up the expense heads, you’d be disheartened.
So is there a way out of the predicament-you want to keep your home spic and span without running up a huge bill or devoting more time than you can afford. Of course there is-you can go DIY. This blog offers you practical house cleaning tips that will go a long way in helping you to keep your home perfectly tidy and well organized without ever engaging a professional.
Cleaning the microwave that has been lying neglected
Make a solution of water and white vinegar in a 1:1 ration in a bowl. Put the bowl inside the chamber and microwave it until the solution starts boiling. Do not let the water simmer beyond the boiling point and make sure you throw a lemon slice in the bowl to prevent scalding from the steam fumes. Allow the solution to settle for about a minute or two and thereafter use a dry and clean microfiber cloth or paper towel for mopping the microwave.
The acetic acid in the white vinegar and the steam will break up the solidified food particles making it easy for you to wipe away the crumbles.
Cleaning shower curtains
The best way to machine clean your shower curtain is to put the same along with a couple of terry fabric towels. Throwing in the towels of terry fabric helps balance the load and keeps the strain off of the washing machine. That way, you achieve much better results.
Make sure you add the right amount of detergent-the same quantity you’d use for a mild wash. Add a dash of bleaching agent in case the towels are colored white as it helps in getting rid of mildew and molds sticking to the shower curtain.
Clean in a systematic manner
Majority of homeowners are in the habit of cleaning at a height of 5-6 feet usually up to the eye level. So, everything is neat and tidy up to a specific level but everything beyond that remains messy. If you get down to house cleaning on a large scale, then the most feasible way to start is from the ceiling.
That means you should begin with the fans and trusses on the ceiling. But before starting, cover all appliances and items at ground-level with sheeting to keep the dirt off of them. Clean at the ground level only after you’re done at the higher levels.
Stock up on supplies
How often has it happened that you were getting ready to mop the bedroom floor and you found that you didn’t have the cleaning solution? So make sure you have all the necessary house cleaning supplies ready before you take the broom stick and bucket in your hand.
Be regular with your maintenance
The bathroom and kitchen are two areas in your home that experience heavy footfall. Consequently, these two rooms also tend to pick up a lot of dirt and grime. Cleaning these areas on a regular basis, at least biweekly will save you the trouble of putting in a heavy effort if and when you cleanse after say two months.
Plan well in advance
Nobody will disagree that the house cleaning task is tedious for the most part. However, you can keep the tediousness at bay to a considerable extent if you plan well in advance. For instance, you can devote a particular weekend to cleaning the bathroom and the next towards deep cleansing the kitchen and so on. It does not have to be all in a day’s work.
You can hire house cleaning professionals from European Maids Cleaning for deep cleaning services.
Picture Credit: klimkin
In maintaining the impeccable cleanliness of the house there are a lot of advantages, here are our tips for cleaning the apartment. Supportive room cleaning is not only useful for an attractive and impeccable kind of house and apartment, but also provides a healthy and comfortable environment for you and the family.
Simple tips how to perform high-quality cleaning of an apartment minimize pollution, dust, allergens and bacteria. In addition, you will feel happier when the house is clean and you do not have to worry about unexpected guests.
If you compile your own, convenient cleaning schedule, you can easily prevent even a hint of a mess, keeping the house and apartment neat. What is there to say, just nice when the house smells and looks fresh, which can greatly improve family life.
Practical advice on daily cleaning in the apartment
Here are some practical tips for daily cleaning that you can follow to always stay one step ahead of mud and chaos, saving time and energy. Housekeeping should not become difficult or impossible, they should not put you down and tired. Pay attention to this algorithm of apartment cleaning and follow our councils of housewives how to keep the house clean on a daily basis to cope with the mess and mud, once and for all.
The first thing you could start with, make up your bed every morning. Believe me, when the bedroom looks neat, there is much less chance that you will allow a conglomeration of another mess around it. Another solution, when you see any clothing that is not in its place, just take it and put it in place, after having folded it. If some things need washing, take them to the laundry basket.
Remove the dining table after each meal, preferably also swept under the table, which will allow you to protect the kitchen from the mess for significantly longer. We know how tempting to leave the plates on the table with the goal of removing them later, switching to other, more pleasant things that you want to do right now.
But if you do not do this now, you will postpone cleaning the kitchen again and again, until the kitchen remembers the devastation after the tornado. It is also worth noting that the dried remains of food on the plates are much more difficult to wash.
Always keep the sink empty and the dishes washed. After dinner, remove the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Wash the dishes by hand if you do not have a dishwasher, and then wipe the sink with a sponge. It will not take you much time. No more than 5-10 minutes.
Wipe the countertops every time you use them. Use a damp cloth and a universal detergent for cleaning the countertops for maintenance cleaning of the bathroom. If you spilled a drink, wine or coffee, on the floor, remove any leftovers immediately. Thus, you can prevent the drying and strengthening of the stain, which will greatly facilitate the next general cleaning and keep the floor coverings in the best condition.
Try to keep everything in the apartment organized properly. This means that if you have clothes, shoes, toys and other things that are not in their places and just scattered around the house, spend five minutes now and put them in their places. Do not wait for the mess to accumulate in the rooms and out of control. Believe me, you do not want to spend all weekend cleaning and washing at home.
Wash regularly. If you do not wait for a huge pile of dirty linens to gather, managing with washing will become much easier. As a bonus, clothes and bedding will always be available, and you do not have to face, for example, a lack of clean underwear.
We also know that if you are in full employment, it is difficult to find time for general cleaning of your house and apartment. For this reason, to free yourself a weekend, you could sometimes turn to a professional cleaning company that will help you and your family to find a clean and comfortable atmosphere for life.
Image credit: xiangying_xu
Each family is familiar with that mess, which can be lost for stacks of paper and accumulations of clothes. In fact, 80% of the things we store are never used. We wear only 20% of our clothes, and do not pay the bills on time, because they are simply lost. If you are familiar with paper barricades, if the morning hours turn into tests, and the keys to the machine are regularly lost, then use the tips for organizing order in your home.
Start with yourself
- Prepare the evening everything you need in the morning. Make sure your children gather their school backpacks before bedtime – this simple skill will help them become much more assembled.
- Think about your menu tomorrow evening.
- Make an action plan for tomorrow, as well as a list of all the things that need to be done. Decide where to start your working day.
- Put your wallet, keys and bag every day on the same place, and you will be able to save your nerves and time during morning searches.
- Refuel the car in time and in the morning you will not lose precious time at the refueling.
- To cope with many bottles, tubes and jars on bathroom shelves, put all your shampoos and lotions in a plastic basket. Get it when you need some kind of remedy and clean it back.
- In time, throw away all the old cosmetics, razors, empty creams and jugs from the toothpaste.
- Keep the tweezers and scissors in the first aid kit.
- Hang in the bathroom clock – it will always allow you to control the time and limit the water procedures to reasonable limits.
- Hang on the walls of the bathroom a sufficient number of hooks, so that bathrobes and towels, which did not have enough space, were not crowded on chairs and corners.
- Gather all the clothes you need to wash or put in a dry cleaner in comfortable baskets.
- Choose things you no longer wear and donate them to a lonely old woman living next door.
- You will still not wear those uncomfortable shoes, but they can bring true joy to someone.
- Distribute clothes by season. In the spring, place the winter clothes on the highest shelves, freeing space for really necessary things.
- Hear scarves, scarves, belts and other trifles on special hangers or cabinet racks.
- Clothing that you wear quite rarely (for example, an evening dress), it makes sense to keep in a vacuum pack. In this form, it can be hidden even at the bottom of the cabinet.
- Put order in the pantry, highlight each place group (canned, flakes, pasta). This will help you not only to disassemble long-term debris, but also to control the amount of stocks.
- Buy a rack for spices. Place the spices in alphabetical order and make sure that often the spices you use most often are at your fingertips.
- To get rid of clogging in the kitchen cabinets will help plastic containers that can be placed one at a time. Dishes of this type take up very little space, which is important for our standard kitchens.
- It may be that in your boxes and between the sheets of the cookbook are stored hundreds of recipes cut out of magazines or hurriedly recorded on a piece of paper? Secure them with a stapler, place in files and split into categories: “breakfast”, “pastry”, etc.
- If you are accustomed to storing hundreds of supermarket packs, place ten in one package and throw the rest.
- Put in a baby basket for laundry so that the child can independently control the purity of his clothes.
- Stretch the underwear rope in the room so that the child can hang the fruits of his artistic work on bright pins.
- Install a sufficient number of book shelves and help your child arrange the book.
- Do not allow your child to eat loose and hard-working foods in his room.
- Give your children their own alarm clocks.
Useful little things
- There is no disorder in the house, in which every habit is cleaned up with itself.
- It’s so simple: it’s opened – closed, dropped – raised, mumbled – removed.
- In each room put small paper baskets. Removing extra rubs is easier when the garbage is at hand.
- Hold the toys basket in each room so you can quickly remove them after the game.
- Every night before bedtime, the whole family has an express pick-up service. It will take a maximum of 15 minutes, and will help keep the whole house clean.
- Turn the fridge into a family-like information center: attach lists of homework, reminders and orders on it.
This simple organization of family order will help make your life more relaxed and functional. It’s just a start, and you’ll notice how from time to time there was a free time, extra space and a comfort that you could not create before.
Image credit: nhamoinet
Without any doubts, the season has always been the cause of falling ill. But, you shouldn’t worry because here are some cleaning tips that would keep your house away from germs. The tips for home cleaning have been gathered after having a conversation with a pediatrician and the president of a well known organization.
Ask the sick person to stay away
Flu can spread whenever a sick person sneezes, coughs or is constantly talking. Moreover, you are bound to get infected by flu germs when you touch a surface. It is because of these reasons you should request the person to rest inside a room and use one bathroom. This would certainly prevent the spread of germs and keep you safe whenever you are moving around the house. Once the person settles down, you can keep yourself busy with the home cleaning tasks.
Clean surfaces with a disinfectant
Since the flu virus is observed on surfaces, it’s always essential to clean the surfaces which the person has been touching repeatedly. As you pay attention to the bedroom and the bathroom, you can wipe away dust on countertops, computer keyboard, door knobs, sink, switchboards, toilet, and the tub. When you carry out the task inside the toilet, may sure you clean the seat as well as the toilet handle.
In order to disinfect the surface, you should wipe the surface with a wet cloth and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can use half a cup of bleach mixed in one gallon of water. You should rinse the surface thoroughly once the solution stays on the surface for five minutes.
When you consider mopping the floor in the home-cleaning regime, ensure that you soak the cloth in a solution of bleach and water. Once you have used the cloth, you shouldn’t use it again but toss it inside the washing machine.
To clean toys, plastic bottles, and dishes, you should first wash them and then soak them in a solution of bleach and water. If you are using one gallon of water, then you should mix two teaspoons of bleach. As you soak the items for two minutes, make sure you rinse them in lukewarm water and allow them to dry naturally.
Tips for the bathroom
When it’s time to clean the bathroom, you should never share the towel with the sick person. It’s always a good idea to use paper towels instead of towels made from cloth. Apart from isolating the toothbrush, you should keep soap away from the sick person. Soon after you are done with the home cleaning tasks, make sure that the toothbrushes are not kept inside a case.
Take care of the bedroom
Once the sick person occupies the bedroom, it’s better to place a wastebasket near the bed. This would help him to throw used tissues whenever he has a meal. To minimize the spread of germs, it’s necessary to cover the edges with a plastic or a polythene bag.
At some instances, the wastebasket might get spoilt if the sick person vomits. So, in order to clean it properly, you should first rinse it, and wipe all the surfaces with a solution of half a cup of bleach mixed in three fourth gallon of water. After two minutes, you should remember to rinse the basket with water and allow it to dry.
For freshening up the room, we recommend you to dust the furniture and open the windows for some time. As you consider this as one of the home cleaning tasks, it would help you let in fresh air as stale air moves out.
Finally, ensure that you toss the person’s clothes once the washing machine is sanitized properly. Before you press the ‘start’ button, make sure that the washing machine tub is in contact with the solution for ten minutes. In case you get flu, then medications can always help you recover quickly.
In case you are busy all throughout the week, then you should contact the cleaning service company, European maids. As the entire team is engaged in hotel and home cleaning since 1995, we take everything into consideration based on the location.
Image credit: Clker-Free-Vector-Images
Essential oils are successfully used in everyday life: sanitation of air, cleaning of premises, aromatization of clothes and its protection from insects.
During the epidemic of influenza and other viral infections with the aim of preventing them, antiseptic and antimicrobial aromas are recommended.
Lemon, carnation, tea tree, pine, lavender, cedar, mint. They reduce the air content of many viruses, bacteria, fungi, carried along with dust, things, sputum and saliva. For disinfection mix 4-5 drops of orange, pine, lavender, mint in a ratio of 3: 2: 1: 1 or pine, bergamot, lemon in a ratio of 1: 2: 2.
Tea tree essential oil – acts like a wide-spectrum antibiotic, is an effective antiviral and antifungal agent. In addition, the inhalation of tea tree oil enhances immunity. Effectively cleans the air, it is also called “oil of purity.”
Lavender essential oil is also great for deodorizing, disinfecting indoor air and flavoring laundry. It has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral action. Also recommended in emotional disorders, insomnia, stress.
In order for the oils to evaporate, the mixture is applied to a strip of filter paper (blotter, napkins) and put in a room, or use an aroma lamp. When washing the floors and rubbing the furniture on 0.5 liters of water, add 3 drops of cloves, lavender and lemon.
Aromatization will help neutralize unpleasant smells and freshen the air in the kitchen. Here, a mixture of essential oils of lemon, mint, pine (3: 1: 1) or geranium, lavender and lemon (5: 2: 1) is useful. When wet kitchen cleaning in 500 ml of water add 2 drops of lavender, lemon, eucalyptus and thyme.
High humidity and heat in the bathroom create favorable conditions for the reproduction of various microbes, primarily fungi. In order to prevent this process, with wet cleaning in 1 liter of water, you need to mix 5 drops of lavender, lemon and tea tree, or as much eucalyptus, carnation, rosemary.
If the house has a persistent smell of animals, you should flavor the room with a solution of the oils of geranium, lavender and rosemary (2 drops each). The cat’s toilet is washed with water with 2 tablespoons of food vinegar, 3 drops of lavender and 2 drops of rosemary.
For flavoring linen and clothes in the closet, you can put a napkin with lavender and lemon (4 drops each). When washing the laundry before the final rinse, add the same mixture to the water.
From moths and other harmful insects, the clothes will be well protected with cotton swabs moistened with cedar and lavender (2 drops each). Tampons are put in linen boxes, every two weeks, re-moistening with these essential oils.
If you need to get rid of ants, then the ways of their movement and the anthill itself are periodically sprinkled with the following mixture: 20 drops of mint and 10 drops of lavender are dissolved in 25 ml of alcohol, and then in 250 ml of water. Before use, the solution is shaken.
To repel mosquitoes and flies in the aroma lamp (aromatic incense), place 5 drops of cloves, mint and lavender.
Image credit: Couleur
Rinse the blinds thoroughly after hand washing to get rid of excess detergent.
Otherwise, your curtains can quickly fade in the sun.
- Cleaning expensive curtains is better to provide professionals
- You can clean the curtains with a vacuum cleaner, using a special nozzle
- Even if your curtains are not afraid of the washing machine, it is better to use the delicate washing mode
Curtains – this is an important element of the interior of your house, carefully selected from thousands of options. But if they are not properly taken care of, they can quickly lose shape and fade. Here are some simple tips for caring for curtains, curtains and gentle tulle.
The most simple and effective way to clean curtains, many experts call elementary airing. On a windy day, open wide a window or a balcony door, leave it for a few hours. If you have heavy, tight curtains, then they can be knocked out like a carpet. Do not do this indoors, as dust will scatter around the room, and you will have to do a wet cleaning.
Dry Cleaning Curtains
Dry-cleaning of curtains can be carried out at home (if, for example, curtains can not be removed) or in a factory. A house specialist will clean the curtains with a steam generator or a hydrocarbon. Such dry cleaning is very delicate and can not cope with serious pollution. In addition, it is not necessary to handle curtains with chemicals, if the house is home to children or older people.
If you are the lucky owner of expensive designer curtains, we recommend that you provide them to the cleaning professionals.
How to clean curtains and curtains at home?
You can clean the curtains yourself with a vacuum cleaner. Use a special nozzle for curtains or upholstery upholstery to avoid damaging the fabric with stiff bristles. If there is no such nozzle in your vacuum cleaner, you can wrap the brush of the vacuum cleaner with a muslin or other thin cloth and fasten it with an elastic band. Do not forget to thoroughly vacuum the inside of the curtains, folds and fringe. Try to clean the blinds every two weeks, because if the dust gets into the fibers of the fabric, it will be much more difficult to get rid of.
Cleaning vinyl blinds is much easier. They should be cleaned once in six months with a sponge dipped in a universal cleaner or in water with vinegar (1/4 cup of vinegar per liter of water).
Do not forget to wipe the dust from the eaves, as well as hooks and rings, on which the curtains are attached. Booms are best cleaned with a cloth dampened in a cleaner or brush with a handle, if they are high.
How to properly wash the curtains?
Most manufacturers recommend for their curtains only dry or chemical cleaning. When washing, curtains can lose shape and shrink more than 10 centimeters. For example, curtains made of artificial silk lose up to 60% of their original strength.
However, some curtains made of non-natural fabrics can be washed in a typewriter in a delicate mode at a temperature of no more than 30 degrees. But if you do not want to risk, it is better to wash them by hand.
Here are some tips for hand washing:
- Thoroughly shake the curtains.
- Rinse them in cold water.
- Soak them in warm water with the addition of a delicate detergent and baking washing soda.
- Rinse several times in cool water and gently squeeze out. If the curtains remain on the curtains, they can burn out in the sun.
- Hang wet curtains on the cornice so that they do not lose shape and are smoothed out under their own weight.
If you decide to stroke the curtains, do not forget to put the iron on the most delicate mode “for synthetics”. If the fabric has a relief – iron without steam. Always iron the curtains while they are still wet.
How to whiten tulle?
There are several ways to return the whiteness of your favorite tulle curtain:
- Soak it for forty minutes in brine, then rinse at least four times.
- Use special bleach for tulle.
Image credit: dadogi
Knowing the secrets of cleaning and having the right tools will greatly facilitate the cleaning process! Learn how to quickly and easily get rid of dust and unpleasant odors!
Get rid of unnecessary things! The more items in your home, the more dirt and dust they save. Perform an annual general cleaning. Throw out all unnecessary and reduce the number of dust collectors for the coming year.
The best dusting advice: clean from top to bottom.
After cleaning the dust: vacuum the carpets to clean everything up to the last dust.
Prevent the appearance of dust and unpleasant odors: open the window at least 10 minutes a day to freshen the air in the apartment.
Wiping the dust in the whole house can seem like an immense work. But do not worry – you can still win the battle with dust. Dust consists of particles of dead skin, wool of pets, dust mites and pollen, among other things. So it’s not surprising that, in the absence of wet cleaning, the house will look untidy, and the rooms will have a musty smell. Effective struggle with dust and prevention of its appearance can solve any problems and save you from unpleasant odors, turning your house into a healthy and hypoallergenic home. All that you need to get rid of the house of dust and unpleasant odors are the correct devices and a few useful tips.
How to get rid of dust and unpleasant odors?
- Ideally, these measures need to be taken 1-2 times a week to maintain a healthy, hypoallergenic and to the same fragrant habitat! Always start a wet cleaning from the upper levels – high cabinets and furniture – moving down.
- For shelves and hard surfaces, a damp rag for dust is best. On a wet rag dust clings much better than on a dry one. You can also use a brush of ostrich feathers to remove dust, as the electric charge of feathers clings dust, not spreading it around the room.
- To clean the wallpaper and painted walls, use a rubber sponge. Wiping cloth and gentle cleaning agents.
- Decorative carpets and carpets are best simply vacuumed. It is best to use apparatus with air filters of fine cleaning, which retain even the finest dust. Also vacuum cleaner after wiping the dust to collect the remaining dirt after cleaning.
- Curtains and furniture upholstery can be vacuumed on low traction by putting a special nozzle on the vacuum cleaner.
- Floor coverings without lint should be washed with a mop, and not swept with a dry broom. So you quickly get rid of dust and mustiness and prevent it from coming back soon.
- For hard-to-reach areas or special technical equipment such as a keyboard, use a compressed air cartridge or a blow-off gun to get rid of dust in cracks and furrows.
- Use a scented cleaner to clean the room with a pleasant smell, or add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, such as lemon or tea tree, onto a damp cloth that you wipe the dust off.
How to prevent the accumulation of dust and odors?
Frequent wet cleaning can easily cope with the problem areas of the apartment, but there are many ways that will help avoid the early return of dust and unpleasant odors.
- Ventilate as often as possible. Clean air is important not only to prevent the appearance of dust, but also to eliminate bad smells. In cold weather, open the window for 10 minutes to run into the apartment a portion of fresh air.
- Think about the use of an air purifying system. For their effectiveness to be noticeable, such systems must be installed in each room.
- Change the filters in your ventilation, air conditioning or heating system, as they can accumulate dust, which they then distribute to your apartment.
- When cooking or using the bathroom, use the extractor to remove steam and odors from the room.
- For deep cleaning, regularly wash carpets with shampoo or seek the help of specialists to clean their steam professionally and avoid the accumulation of unpleasant odors.
- Once a week, spray curtains and upholstered furniture with a cloth freshener. To get rid of dust, wash removable covers in the washing machine or ask for dry cleaning at least once a year.
- Upholstery and carpets are the most active dust collectors, so give preference to leather furniture, as well as hard flooring instead of carpets and blinds instead of curtains.
- If possible, change bed linen once a week. To reduce the risk of dust mites, use a hypoallergenic mattress cover.
Regularly take out the garbage, without waiting until the trash can is filled to the top.
Image credit: qimono
Cleaning your bedroom (thoroughly) the right way is a chore that is often overlooked and avoided.
Unfortunately, not properly cleaning your bedroom, specifically in the areas of your bed, pillows, and sheets can cause unwanted dirt, negative skin reactions, bacteria, and even illnesses. Below are a few outlined steps to more effectively cleaning your bedroom, as well as details explaining how often each should be done and on what timely basis.
Cleaning Your Bed
Most people look past this chore, or procrastinate and often this behavior leads to unwanted acne, breakouts, and even ticks, fleas, and dust mites. Cleaning your bed, including sheets, pillow cases, and even the mattress itself is essential to preventing unwanted germs and hosts of other illnesses.
An uncleaned mattress also collects dust and allergens, in turn setting off allergies that you may not have even knew you had!
Realistically, you should change and clean your sheets weekly, and be sanitizing and changing (flipping) your mattress every month if possible. You need to remove all items first, before attempting to clean your mattress, but it’s as simple as sprinkling baking soda, using a light cleaner with a sponge, and then airing your mattress out, outside to collect UV rays from the sun to both dry your mattress and kill unwanted germs and other bacteria.
Vacuuming in and around your bed
If possible, it’s recommended that you lightly vacuum your mattress, as well as areas around your bed on a monthly basis. This is important, since often you cannot see dusts, allergens, dirt, and other skin oils with your bare eyes that are both unhealthy for your body and poor for your sleeping conditions.
Before ‘getting down and dirty’ with your bed, linens, and the surrounding areas it’s especially important to make sure you clear all objects on, in, and around your bed so that you do not miss any dust or pollen, and so that dirt does not spread or cling onto other objects during the cleaning process!
Cleaning your Linens the Right Way
If you are not cleaning your sheets, pillow covers, and even your pillows themselves the right ways, you could be missing germs and unwanted dust and dirt.
Each fabric for the corresponding bed linens should have their own directions somewhere on a label directing you as to what type of washer and dryer settings you should use to clean them, such as temperature for example, and what will be the safest method so that you do not destroy your linens in the process.
Image credit: Wong Wai Kit