November 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- November 2023
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- Home Organizing
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Everybody loves being a couch potato; however, it is not funny to lounge on a dirty piece of furniture. After a while, spilled soda, crumbs, dirt, pet hair, and oil from your hands and feet get collected onto the couch. This makes the couch appear dingy. But do not worry. In this article, we will look at some ways of cleaning the couch so that it is ready for use while watching binge. You can watch the entire season of your favorite TV show from the rejuvenated sofa. It doesn’t matter whether you have tough stains or crumbs; the cleaning tips will make the sofa look as good as new.
1. Vacuum the couch: You can use a hand vacuum or the brush attachment of your vacuum to clean the dirt and debris from the surface of the sofa. Ensure that you are cleaning the different crevices that have pet hair, dirt accumulates, and food crumbs. In case the cushions are not attached to the sofa, you can remove them and vacuum either side.
2. Clean the metal or wooden areas: Wipe out the sofa feet and similar other non-fabric components of your sofa by using solutions of liquid dish soap and warm water. Locate the tags on the couch to read all the instructions carefully for learning the ways of cleaning the upholstery. WS means you need to use a mild detergent together with a steam vacuum or use a dry-cleaning detergent. X means you need to just use a vacuum and no water. S means you need to use a dry cleaner detergent only. W means you may use water for cleaning it.
3. Remove all the stains: Being aware of the ways of cleaning the couch means being aware of ways of removing stains. You may use commercial cleaners or use your cleaners made from natural ingredients you use in the kitchen. Homemade cleaners are kinder to the earth, and they are also cheaper. Here are different ways of cleaning the sofa according to fabric type.
Fabric upholstery: Mix 3/4 warm water with 1/4 cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap. Add a spray bottle. First, mist the soiled area, and then scrub it using a soft cloth till the stain goes away. You need to use a second piece of cloth which is moistened with clean water, to remove the soap. Dry the fabric with towels.
Leather upholstery: you need to mix 1/4 cup vinegar together with 1/2 cup olive oil and place the mixture within a spray bottle. Spray the cleaner over the couch surface and use a soft cloth to buff the surface.
Synthetic upholstery: Mix a cup of warm water with 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon of dish soap inside a spray bottle. Mist your soiled area and scrub it with a soft cloth till the stains are gone.
After cleaning a couch, allow it to dry. You may even consider pointing a box fan at the sofa for quicker drying. If you wish to clean a couch during your house cleaning, you can use the services of professionals such as Finest European Maids if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
There are so many possibilities associated with a new apartment or a home. Uncluttered space, bare walls, and a bare canvas that can be used to create a new home for yourself. However, before you embark on the fun part of moving into a new place there is home cleaning to be done. You need to provide a deep clean to the new place. When you rent or buy a new place there is a need for pre-move home cleaning. The people that lived in the place before you would have left behind grime, dirt, and dust that should be taken care of before settling in. Unless of course, you have moved into new construction, the blank slate is not all that blank. Despite all this, there is nothing like having everything unpacked and having moved everything in the right place.
Adopt small changes initially: Many people are a bit messy generally and it is tough for these people to embrace a more organized and tidy lifestyle. However, trying to perform home cleaning from top to bottom at the same time will be overwhelming. You will need to embrace some straightforward habits initially. For example, you can begin by just doing the dishes after the meal each time. Gradually you may implement other changes towards living in a clean and organized home.
Keep clutter out of your life: If surveys are to be believed one in every four Americans has issues with clutter. This not only makes your space stuffier, smaller, and overwhelming but it also costs you more. You will be surprised to know how much money you can make by selling all that clutter online or by having a garage sale. So, rather than feeling cramped inside your own house and letting the clutter rule your life you must free yourself and get rid of the junk. Perform this home cleaning task one room at a time. Just remove everything you have not used in more than a year and set aside the things that can be sold.
Begin the mornings in an organized manner: When you make your bed in the morning every time your bedroom automatically starts looking more organized. It takes just a few moments every morning and you can make a good start to the day by creating an organized atmosphere in your bedroom. Your sanctuary will appear more inspiring and relaxing when you do this. It will have a positive effect on your mindset as well.
Quality of indoor air: When you are performing home cleaning and doing the tidying up, most people consider mopping, scrubbing, dusting, and vacuuming without taking into consideration the quality of air. Keep in mind that indoor air pollution is a serious problem that can affect your health and the general atmosphere of your house. However, there are ways available to mitigate this issue. Good AC units can create a healthy and airy atmosphere in your house. You can also have house plants and air purifiers to remove the airborne allergens and toxins. You need to opt for green cleaning products rather than using the toxic variety.
Deep cleaning and washing: Remember, everything from pillowcases, covers, to drapes and rugs collect allergens and dust inside the house each day. Carpets in particular are full of toxins, dirt, and other pollutants that can be spread in the confines of your space. You need to wash and deep clean the carpets, fabrics, and rugs regularly. Washing machines can be used for pillow covers, sheets, towels but the carpets and rugs need more effort. It might be a good idea to get them cleaned by professionals twice every year.
Clean while being on the move: You have probably passed a magazine thrown on your sofa or a blanket lying on the carpet a countless number of times. Rather than not paying attention to these messy areas you should tidy up these spots as soon as you have noticed them. Each time you come across a dirty or cluttered area inside your house do not ignore it. Deal with the problem immediately as it will save a lot of trouble later.
Maintaining a clean and tidy home often means adopting good habits that result in making your home and your life better organized. However, if you are looking to avoid all hassle related to home cleaning and have enough budget for professionals you can hire the services of European Maids in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Pexels
Whether you are facing a dreaded annual spring cleaning or pesky guest who is known for his snarky remarks, hiring a professional house cleaning service would be the best option. Making sure that your home is spotless, is one of the tedious procedure. You have to get rid of icky spider webs, wipe repeatedly on table tops to remove stains and mop the floors of the whole house. We have given the reasons for why do you need such services in your life.
• If you have a full-time job, you won’t be able to give enough time to the cleaning process. Consequently, you an untidy bedroom awaits you every night.
• If you don’t waste your weekend on scrubbing the countertop, you can give that time to your family.
• You might need assistance for annual cleaning as every nook and cranny needs to be cleaned. An individual cannot accomplish this task in a day without some help.
Everyone needs extra help but you have to make sure that the support deserves every penny you spend on it. Let’s have a look at some of the ways which let you make the right choice.
Experience and Awards
To make sure that the home cleaning company is trustworthy, ask them about their experience. Most people prefer hiring a cleaning lady as it is cheaper but this option also comes with risks. You don’t know whether the cleaning lady is professional or an amateur. Furthermore, no one would be able to guarantee her reliability.
An experienced cleaning service would know how to satisfy you. They would have proper knowledge of dealing with each stain. Ask company whether they have received any awards for their services. This will ensure that their dependable as professional organizations have recognized their services.
Know About Services
Some cleaning companies will take your requests before starting their work while others will offer you fixed services. Choose the one which fulfills your demand the most. Before hiring a company, make a checklist of all the services you require from the company. If the company you have selected offer all the services you need, then pay them up. Without proper research don’t hire a company as it might cause problems in the future.
Do They Have Permanent Employees or Contract Workers?
Find out whether the staff of the cleaning service is a permanent employee or contract workers. Some companies depend on contract workers as they are cheaper. Contract workers do not enjoy the benefits that permanent employees do. Moreover, the cleaning service does not train these workers as they are replaceable. You can expect an amateur service from these companies.
Permanent employees enjoy benefits such as health insurance. Furthermore, the company takes responsibility for training the employees as their reputation depend on their performance. They might be expensive but they will provide better service.
Do They Provide Cleaning Supplies?
Most companies don’t want the turd from your house to travel to another house through their mop. Consequently, they will ask you to provide them with cleaning supplies. They will give you a list of all the tools they will need to make your house squeaky clean. Others will bring their own supplies with them and you don’t have to run around the town looking for right equipment.
Finding a reliable home cleaning services is not an easy task as there are many scammers out there. The tips mentioned above will provide you with insight in selecting the best cleaning service in town. Keep your needs in mind and sit back and relax until they are done with their job.
If you can not wake up, and go all day exhausted, look around you. Perhaps the causes of drowsiness are from you at arm’s length.
These seven completely harmless and habitual things in your home can be a cause of sleep disturbance and even a chronic sense of fatigue.
The disorder in the house keeps your brain in constant tension. And permanent stress (even such a subtle one) leads to nervous exhaustion and a sense of eternal fatigue. To break the vicious circle, make Sunday cleaning a useful habit.
2. The walls are blue
It sounds strange, but according to the results of the American study, which analyzed 2,000 different houses with blue-colored bedrooms, it is this calming color that can slow the heart rate and lower heart pressure. So, the blue background makes you feel drowsy. Even if you do not realize it.
3. TV and computer
More precisely, the habit of falling asleep under his accompaniment. The fact is that radiation suppresses the production of melatonin, a hormone regulator of circadian rhythms, responsible for healthy fatigue and sleep. As a result, the dream itself becomes clunky and shallow, so that in the morning you will probably wake up even more tired than you fell asleep.
Those who suffer from insomnia or sleep disorders, it is better to refuse to work at the computer in the evenings. Glow from the monitor, adversely affects the human biorhythms.
Do you like to drink dinner with a glass of red wine? It’s not bad. But only if you have dinner at least three or four hours before bedtime. But the use of even a small dose of alcohol later, contrary to popular belief, will not give a strong sleep, and restless. And, as a result, a feeling of utter impotence in the morning.
5. Scented candles
Especially, with the aroma of lavender and other “relaxing”. Do not underestimate the effect of aromatherapy.
Smells are strongly associated with emotional memory. Therefore, it is very useful to have at hand an aroma associated with the experienced minutes of intense happiness, delight, bliss. Breathe it more often, it will help to keep a good mood.
6. Always lowered blinds and thick curtains
Darkness is a friend of good sleep. But in order not to feel drowsy at four o’clock in the evening, leave the windows unblowned until the quiet hour is near.
7. Too cold room
A cold shower certainly invigorates better than coffee, the cool temperature in the house, on the contrary, makes you feel sleepy. So try to cool only the bedroom and not only shortly before sleep.
Energy takes away household trivia: dirty dishes in the sink, not tucked bed, things scattered around the apartment. Replenish the reserves of cheerfulness will help simple cleaning. Put everything in its place, and you will immediately feel much better.
Image credit: RobinHiggins
More often than not, you are unable to carve out time from your busy schedule for house cleaning despite your willingness. So, it is not unusual for grime and dirt to accumulate all over the house making the entire place look untidy if you keep on dithering with cleansing the household. At times you might be tempted to seek professional help but when you work out and add up the expense heads, you’d be disheartened.
So is there a way out of the predicament-you want to keep your home spic and span without running up a huge bill or devoting more time than you can afford. Of course there is-you can go DIY. This blog offers you practical house cleaning tips that will go a long way in helping you to keep your home perfectly tidy and well organized without ever engaging a professional.
Cleaning the microwave that has been lying neglected
Make a solution of water and white vinegar in a 1:1 ration in a bowl. Put the bowl inside the chamber and microwave it until the solution starts boiling. Do not let the water simmer beyond the boiling point and make sure you throw a lemon slice in the bowl to prevent scalding from the steam fumes. Allow the solution to settle for about a minute or two and thereafter use a dry and clean microfiber cloth or paper towel for mopping the microwave.
The acetic acid in the white vinegar and the steam will break up the solidified food particles making it easy for you to wipe away the crumbles.
Cleaning shower curtains
The best way to machine clean your shower curtain is to put the same along with a couple of terry fabric towels. Throwing in the towels of terry fabric helps balance the load and keeps the strain off of the washing machine. That way, you achieve much better results.
Make sure you add the right amount of detergent-the same quantity you’d use for a mild wash. Add a dash of bleaching agent in case the towels are colored white as it helps in getting rid of mildew and molds sticking to the shower curtain.
Clean in a systematic manner
Majority of homeowners are in the habit of cleaning at a height of 5-6 feet usually up to the eye level. So, everything is neat and tidy up to a specific level but everything beyond that remains messy. If you get down to house cleaning on a large scale, then the most feasible way to start is from the ceiling.
That means you should begin with the fans and trusses on the ceiling. But before starting, cover all appliances and items at ground-level with sheeting to keep the dirt off of them. Clean at the ground level only after you’re done at the higher levels.
Stock up on supplies
How often has it happened that you were getting ready to mop the bedroom floor and you found that you didn’t have the cleaning solution? So make sure you have all the necessary house cleaning supplies ready before you take the broom stick and bucket in your hand.
Be regular with your maintenance
The bathroom and kitchen are two areas in your home that experience heavy footfall. Consequently, these two rooms also tend to pick up a lot of dirt and grime. Cleaning these areas on a regular basis, at least biweekly will save you the trouble of putting in a heavy effort if and when you cleanse after say two months.
Plan well in advance
Nobody will disagree that the house cleaning task is tedious for the most part. However, you can keep the tediousness at bay to a considerable extent if you plan well in advance. For instance, you can devote a particular weekend to cleaning the bathroom and the next towards deep cleansing the kitchen and so on. It does not have to be all in a day’s work.
You can hire house cleaning professionals from European Maids Cleaning for deep cleaning services.
Picture Credit: klimkin
In maintaining the impeccable cleanliness of the house there are a lot of advantages, here are our tips for cleaning the apartment. Supportive room cleaning is not only useful for an attractive and impeccable kind of house and apartment, but also provides a healthy and comfortable environment for you and the family.
Simple tips how to perform high-quality cleaning of an apartment minimize pollution, dust, allergens and bacteria. In addition, you will feel happier when the house is clean and you do not have to worry about unexpected guests.
If you compile your own, convenient cleaning schedule, you can easily prevent even a hint of a mess, keeping the house and apartment neat. What is there to say, just nice when the house smells and looks fresh, which can greatly improve family life.
Practical advice on daily cleaning in the apartment
Here are some practical tips for daily cleaning that you can follow to always stay one step ahead of mud and chaos, saving time and energy. Housekeeping should not become difficult or impossible, they should not put you down and tired. Pay attention to this algorithm of apartment cleaning and follow our councils of housewives how to keep the house clean on a daily basis to cope with the mess and mud, once and for all.
The first thing you could start with, make up your bed every morning. Believe me, when the bedroom looks neat, there is much less chance that you will allow a conglomeration of another mess around it. Another solution, when you see any clothing that is not in its place, just take it and put it in place, after having folded it. If some things need washing, take them to the laundry basket.
Remove the dining table after each meal, preferably also swept under the table, which will allow you to protect the kitchen from the mess for significantly longer. We know how tempting to leave the plates on the table with the goal of removing them later, switching to other, more pleasant things that you want to do right now.
But if you do not do this now, you will postpone cleaning the kitchen again and again, until the kitchen remembers the devastation after the tornado. It is also worth noting that the dried remains of food on the plates are much more difficult to wash.
Always keep the sink empty and the dishes washed. After dinner, remove the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Wash the dishes by hand if you do not have a dishwasher, and then wipe the sink with a sponge. It will not take you much time. No more than 5-10 minutes.
Wipe the countertops every time you use them. Use a damp cloth and a universal detergent for cleaning the countertops for maintenance cleaning of the bathroom. If you spilled a drink, wine or coffee, on the floor, remove any leftovers immediately. Thus, you can prevent the drying and strengthening of the stain, which will greatly facilitate the next general cleaning and keep the floor coverings in the best condition.
Try to keep everything in the apartment organized properly. This means that if you have clothes, shoes, toys and other things that are not in their places and just scattered around the house, spend five minutes now and put them in their places. Do not wait for the mess to accumulate in the rooms and out of control. Believe me, you do not want to spend all weekend cleaning and washing at home.
Wash regularly. If you do not wait for a huge pile of dirty linens to gather, managing with washing will become much easier. As a bonus, clothes and bedding will always be available, and you do not have to face, for example, a lack of clean underwear.
We also know that if you are in full employment, it is difficult to find time for general cleaning of your house and apartment. For this reason, to free yourself a weekend, you could sometimes turn to a professional cleaning company that will help you and your family to find a clean and comfortable atmosphere for life.
Image credit: xiangying_xu
Each family is familiar with that mess, which can be lost for stacks of paper and accumulations of clothes. In fact, 80% of the things we store are never used. We wear only 20% of our clothes, and do not pay the bills on time, because they are simply lost. If you are familiar with paper barricades, if the morning hours turn into tests, and the keys to the machine are regularly lost, then use the tips for organizing order in your home.
Start with yourself
- Prepare the evening everything you need in the morning. Make sure your children gather their school backpacks before bedtime – this simple skill will help them become much more assembled.
- Think about your menu tomorrow evening.
- Make an action plan for tomorrow, as well as a list of all the things that need to be done. Decide where to start your working day.
- Put your wallet, keys and bag every day on the same place, and you will be able to save your nerves and time during morning searches.
- Refuel the car in time and in the morning you will not lose precious time at the refueling.
- To cope with many bottles, tubes and jars on bathroom shelves, put all your shampoos and lotions in a plastic basket. Get it when you need some kind of remedy and clean it back.
- In time, throw away all the old cosmetics, razors, empty creams and jugs from the toothpaste.
- Keep the tweezers and scissors in the first aid kit.
- Hang in the bathroom clock – it will always allow you to control the time and limit the water procedures to reasonable limits.
- Hang on the walls of the bathroom a sufficient number of hooks, so that bathrobes and towels, which did not have enough space, were not crowded on chairs and corners.
- Gather all the clothes you need to wash or put in a dry cleaner in comfortable baskets.
- Choose things you no longer wear and donate them to a lonely old woman living next door.
- You will still not wear those uncomfortable shoes, but they can bring true joy to someone.
- Distribute clothes by season. In the spring, place the winter clothes on the highest shelves, freeing space for really necessary things.
- Hear scarves, scarves, belts and other trifles on special hangers or cabinet racks.
- Clothing that you wear quite rarely (for example, an evening dress), it makes sense to keep in a vacuum pack. In this form, it can be hidden even at the bottom of the cabinet.
- Put order in the pantry, highlight each place group (canned, flakes, pasta). This will help you not only to disassemble long-term debris, but also to control the amount of stocks.
- Buy a rack for spices. Place the spices in alphabetical order and make sure that often the spices you use most often are at your fingertips.
- To get rid of clogging in the kitchen cabinets will help plastic containers that can be placed one at a time. Dishes of this type take up very little space, which is important for our standard kitchens.
- It may be that in your boxes and between the sheets of the cookbook are stored hundreds of recipes cut out of magazines or hurriedly recorded on a piece of paper? Secure them with a stapler, place in files and split into categories: “breakfast”, “pastry”, etc.
- If you are accustomed to storing hundreds of supermarket packs, place ten in one package and throw the rest.
- Put in a baby basket for laundry so that the child can independently control the purity of his clothes.
- Stretch the underwear rope in the room so that the child can hang the fruits of his artistic work on bright pins.
- Install a sufficient number of book shelves and help your child arrange the book.
- Do not allow your child to eat loose and hard-working foods in his room.
- Give your children their own alarm clocks.
Useful little things
- There is no disorder in the house, in which every habit is cleaned up with itself.
- It’s so simple: it’s opened – closed, dropped – raised, mumbled – removed.
- In each room put small paper baskets. Removing extra rubs is easier when the garbage is at hand.
- Hold the toys basket in each room so you can quickly remove them after the game.
- Every night before bedtime, the whole family has an express pick-up service. It will take a maximum of 15 minutes, and will help keep the whole house clean.
- Turn the fridge into a family-like information center: attach lists of homework, reminders and orders on it.
This simple organization of family order will help make your life more relaxed and functional. It’s just a start, and you’ll notice how from time to time there was a free time, extra space and a comfort that you could not create before.
Image credit: nhamoinet
Without any doubts, the season has always been the cause of falling ill. But, you shouldn’t worry because here are some cleaning tips that would keep your house away from germs. The tips for home cleaning have been gathered after having a conversation with a pediatrician and the president of a well known organization.
Ask the sick person to stay away
Flu can spread whenever a sick person sneezes, coughs or is constantly talking. Moreover, you are bound to get infected by flu germs when you touch a surface. It is because of these reasons you should request the person to rest inside a room and use one bathroom. This would certainly prevent the spread of germs and keep you safe whenever you are moving around the house. Once the person settles down, you can keep yourself busy with the home cleaning tasks.
Clean surfaces with a disinfectant
Since the flu virus is observed on surfaces, it’s always essential to clean the surfaces which the person has been touching repeatedly. As you pay attention to the bedroom and the bathroom, you can wipe away dust on countertops, computer keyboard, door knobs, sink, switchboards, toilet, and the tub. When you carry out the task inside the toilet, may sure you clean the seat as well as the toilet handle.
In order to disinfect the surface, you should wipe the surface with a wet cloth and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can use half a cup of bleach mixed in one gallon of water. You should rinse the surface thoroughly once the solution stays on the surface for five minutes.
When you consider mopping the floor in the home-cleaning regime, ensure that you soak the cloth in a solution of bleach and water. Once you have used the cloth, you shouldn’t use it again but toss it inside the washing machine.
To clean toys, plastic bottles, and dishes, you should first wash them and then soak them in a solution of bleach and water. If you are using one gallon of water, then you should mix two teaspoons of bleach. As you soak the items for two minutes, make sure you rinse them in lukewarm water and allow them to dry naturally.
Tips for the bathroom
When it’s time to clean the bathroom, you should never share the towel with the sick person. It’s always a good idea to use paper towels instead of towels made from cloth. Apart from isolating the toothbrush, you should keep soap away from the sick person. Soon after you are done with the home cleaning tasks, make sure that the toothbrushes are not kept inside a case.
Take care of the bedroom
Once the sick person occupies the bedroom, it’s better to place a wastebasket near the bed. This would help him to throw used tissues whenever he has a meal. To minimize the spread of germs, it’s necessary to cover the edges with a plastic or a polythene bag.
At some instances, the wastebasket might get spoilt if the sick person vomits. So, in order to clean it properly, you should first rinse it, and wipe all the surfaces with a solution of half a cup of bleach mixed in three fourth gallon of water. After two minutes, you should remember to rinse the basket with water and allow it to dry.
For freshening up the room, we recommend you to dust the furniture and open the windows for some time. As you consider this as one of the home cleaning tasks, it would help you let in fresh air as stale air moves out.
Finally, ensure that you toss the person’s clothes once the washing machine is sanitized properly. Before you press the ‘start’ button, make sure that the washing machine tub is in contact with the solution for ten minutes. In case you get flu, then medications can always help you recover quickly.
In case you are busy all throughout the week, then you should contact the cleaning service company, European maids. As the entire team is engaged in hotel and home cleaning since 1995, we take everything into consideration based on the location.
Image credit: Clker-Free-Vector-Images
Essential oils are successfully used in everyday life: sanitation of air, cleaning of premises, aromatization of clothes and its protection from insects.
During the epidemic of influenza and other viral infections with the aim of preventing them, antiseptic and antimicrobial aromas are recommended.
Lemon, carnation, tea tree, pine, lavender, cedar, mint. They reduce the air content of many viruses, bacteria, fungi, carried along with dust, things, sputum and saliva. For disinfection mix 4-5 drops of orange, pine, lavender, mint in a ratio of 3: 2: 1: 1 or pine, bergamot, lemon in a ratio of 1: 2: 2.
Tea tree essential oil – acts like a wide-spectrum antibiotic, is an effective antiviral and antifungal agent. In addition, the inhalation of tea tree oil enhances immunity. Effectively cleans the air, it is also called “oil of purity.”
Lavender essential oil is also great for deodorizing, disinfecting indoor air and flavoring laundry. It has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral action. Also recommended in emotional disorders, insomnia, stress.
In order for the oils to evaporate, the mixture is applied to a strip of filter paper (blotter, napkins) and put in a room, or use an aroma lamp. When washing the floors and rubbing the furniture on 0.5 liters of water, add 3 drops of cloves, lavender and lemon.
Aromatization will help neutralize unpleasant smells and freshen the air in the kitchen. Here, a mixture of essential oils of lemon, mint, pine (3: 1: 1) or geranium, lavender and lemon (5: 2: 1) is useful. When wet kitchen cleaning in 500 ml of water add 2 drops of lavender, lemon, eucalyptus and thyme.
High humidity and heat in the bathroom create favorable conditions for the reproduction of various microbes, primarily fungi. In order to prevent this process, with wet cleaning in 1 liter of water, you need to mix 5 drops of lavender, lemon and tea tree, or as much eucalyptus, carnation, rosemary.
If the house has a persistent smell of animals, you should flavor the room with a solution of the oils of geranium, lavender and rosemary (2 drops each). The cat’s toilet is washed with water with 2 tablespoons of food vinegar, 3 drops of lavender and 2 drops of rosemary.
For flavoring linen and clothes in the closet, you can put a napkin with lavender and lemon (4 drops each). When washing the laundry before the final rinse, add the same mixture to the water.
From moths and other harmful insects, the clothes will be well protected with cotton swabs moistened with cedar and lavender (2 drops each). Tampons are put in linen boxes, every two weeks, re-moistening with these essential oils.
If you need to get rid of ants, then the ways of their movement and the anthill itself are periodically sprinkled with the following mixture: 20 drops of mint and 10 drops of lavender are dissolved in 25 ml of alcohol, and then in 250 ml of water. Before use, the solution is shaken.
To repel mosquitoes and flies in the aroma lamp (aromatic incense), place 5 drops of cloves, mint and lavender.
Image credit: Couleur