April 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
There are many queries in the minds of people at the moment such as can you get a COVID-19 infection from food? Normal household tasks have turned into anxious and uncertain times as families around the world are grappling to get the basics needed right and keep themselves and their loved ones safe during the pandemic. Home cleaning has become a significant chore as you need to clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces in the house regularly for lowering the risk of catching an infection.
1. Clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces: All homes are different although the high-touch surfaces are the same in most cases. They include tables, door handles, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, handrails, toilets, taps, mobile phones, light switches, tablets, computers, remote controls, keyboards, toys, and game controllers. You need to clean the dirty surfaces by using detergent and water before you go for disinfection. This is the best way to make sure that you are destroying the COVID-19 virus present in the home. Soap and water kill viruses similar to bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Trust the advice of reputed sources: The only way of fending off the virus is by understanding the facts about it. If you start reading about coronavirus from unreliable sources it may cause panic and a sense of fear. It doesn’t help anyone. You need to trust reputed resources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Red Cross, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and National Center for Disease Control (NCDC). These sources can be trusted to provide up-to-date and proven info about the spread of this virus inside your house.
3. Be vigilant at all times: Although the coronavirus is here to stay for the foreseeable future, you also need to keep it in mind that there are other viruses around that have been around for several years. So, although you should not panic, you need to make sure that you don’t let the guard down and take all preventive measures each day to restrict the spread of the virus.
4. Use warm/hot water wherever possible: Try to use warm and hot water wherever possible especially in places such as cleaning laundry. This fact is mentioned in the makers’ instructions as well. Ensure that the clothes are completely dry after the cleaning before you use them. People easily forget how many times they touch electronic instruments. These devices can be the host for several bacteria or viruses. Therefore it is significant that they are cleaned regularly.
5. Be additionally careful if someone in the household is sick: It is a good idea to clean and change the hand towels in any event. But, it becomes additionally significant if anyone in the household is sick. You can clean the bathroom and kitchen surfaces regularly anyway but if someone is sick ensure that this is done more often.
Cleaning and disinfecting products
If you find any surface to be dirty during home cleaning use detergent or soap with water for cleaning it. After this, use any disinfectant product that contains alcohol (containing around 70%) on the surface or you can use bleach as well. For the COVID-19 virus vinegar and other similar natural products are not useful. In a lot of places, it is tough to find wipes and disinfecting sprays. Use soap and water in such cases. You can use household diluted bleach solutions for some surfaces as well.
Remember COVID-19 is still rampant and is a real threat to the lives of the vulnerable so maintain good hygiene practices in the house. Do not neglect your home cleaning duties. However, if you are struggling to perform the home cleaning tasks by yourself due to a busy work schedule you can get the services of professionals such as European Maids in the Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
Although most people who are good at home cleaning are also quite capable of fridge cleanouts, it is easy to forget about the freezer. Although just the thought of freezer cleanout may bring a groan to many faces, it is not as difficult as it used to be. Due to the quantity of frost build-up, the freezer cleaning had developed a bad reputation. However, in modern refrigerators, you will not encounter this issue which means that you can finish cleaning the freezer within 30 minutes.
What you will need
Keep in mind that these instructions are for cleaning the freezer of your refrigerator. In case you have a deep freezer you will have to talk to the manufacturer or read instructions on the manual for cleaning. For cleaning the freezer you will need,
- A large cooler
- Distilled white vinegar
- A spray bottle
- An old toothbrush
- Hot water
- Microfiber cloths
1. Take out all the food items from the freezer and put them in the cooler with ice. Remember to check the expiry dates of various food items in the process. Remove all the food items that are past the expiry date.
2. Unplug the refrigerator for safety. Do not worry about the food items as they will stay cold for 4 hours without power inside the refrigerator according to the FDA. However, ensure that people are not moving in and out of the fridge while you are working.
3. Combine equal portions of hot water and vinegar inside the spray bottle. This will be the cleaning solution for the freezer.
4. Spray the mixture generously in the freezer and wipe away the solution by using the dry microfiber cloth. You may repeat the step a few times for getting a clean freezer.
5. If there are stubborn patches you can use the toothbrush with hot water to scrub clean the area and wipe away the residue by using the microfiber cloth.
6. Dry the freezer inside by using the microfiber cloth ensuring that there is no liquid lying behind.
7. Wash out the drawers of the freezer, ice trays, and bins.
8. Plug back the freezer and also replace the food items you removed earlier. In case the ice from the cooler has begun to melt, wipe away the liquid from the food items and return them to the freezer.
One of the biggest annoyance several people feel when they open the freezer is not finding what they are looking for to eat. Due to this, it is a good idea to properly organize the food items inside the freezer while replacing them after cleaning by using a system that works out for you.
If you are looking for high-quality home cleaning professionals in Clearwater, contact European Maids. They can complete the home cleaning for you efficiently and beneficially. This is particularly useful if you have allergies that flare up during the cleaning.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
How to keep the kitchen clean? Learn how to clean the slab, get rid of the lime coating and rust on the faucets.
– To clean the cooker, use grease-cleaning detergents, having pre-tested its effect on a small area of the surface
– Pay special attention to the sink and faucets, since it is there that accumulates a large number of microbes
– Thoroughly clean the work surfaces, especially after cooking meat
Where in the kitchen should I clean? Everywhere!
This task may seem unbearable, but the kitchen is the place where you prepare food. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary that the working surfaces, dishes and appliances are perfectly clean.
In the kitchen, there are millions of microbes. Most of them are harmless, but there are also such as, for example, E. coli and Salmonella, which can become a catalyst for diseases, especially in children and older people. Therefore, keeping the kitchen clean is not a whim, but a vital necessity.
But there is good news. There are many ways that will make your kitchen almost sterile and do not take much time. Here are just a few tips to make your kitchen clean, beautiful and extremely hygienic.
Dangerous microbes spread with incredible speed, so it is very important to keep clean not only pots and pans, but also other surfaces and objects in your kitchen. Microbes can settle in the most unexpected places: on the switch plates, on the buttons on the microwave or on the faucet – that is, on any surface to which you touch hands dirty with raw meat or eggs.
How to clean individual sections of your kitchen
If you ever wondered how you can clean a gas stove or a work surface, here are some tips. It is best to use kitchen cleaners that are very effective and do their job well, making your kitchen clean and safe.
How to clean an induction cooker
Clean the glass ceramic plate will help a special scraper and detergents, often produced by the manufacturers themselves of these plates.
The plates of the electric cooker are also unpretentious, and a wide range of products is suitable for them.
How to clean the sink and faucets in the kitchen
There are two main reasons why you need to keep the faucet and kitchen sink in the kitchen clean.
First, microbes begin to multiply there, so you need to thoroughly wash the sink after cooking.
Secondly, nobody likes dirty fingerprints on the shiny surface of the faucet.
How to clean the work surface
The work surface in the kitchen should be washed after each cooking. It is very easy! If you cut vegetables or fruits, simply wipe the surface with a damp cloth. If you cook meat, which could contain salmonella or E. coli, it is better to use antibacterial cleaning agents.
Natural Cleaners for the Kitchen
If you prefer natural cleansers for the kitchen, then you have plenty to choose from. To the floor and work surface shone, try mixing the water and vinegar in equal proportions and wipe them. This solution not only removes dirt, but also neutralizes unpleasant odors.
Image credit: StockSnap
Your home is without doubt your most precious possession that provides you shelter from the elements and antisocial elements. Now, how long your flat located in a condominium will continue to offer you unflinching protection will among other things, depend on your level of maintenance. Apart from carrying out necessary repairs and renovations on a periodical basis, thorough condominium cleaning is an activity or task that you cannot afford to disregard.
Even if the condo is located far away from the city proper, it is bound to gather dust and becoming unkempt after a period of time. You need to keep your condo spic and span not only to make the premises appealing to guests and visitors but also to keep health issues at bay. Following are some tips or guidelines that you can abide by without breaking your back.
1. Start with the top first
When you embark on a home cleaning drive, make sure that you clean the entire area or premises. That means removing dust and grime from each and every room in the condominium including the bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, and living room. Make it a point to start from the top of the room like the walls and the ceiling. Clean floors at the end so that so that all the dusted and accumulated dirt can be removed thoroughly. If you start with the floors and move to the walls next, then you’ll have to clean the floorings all over again.
2. Clothes and furnishings should be rinsed regularly
Although this goes without saying, you need to wash all your daily wear every alternate day as the apparels tend to pick up a lot of dirt and get sweaty. Upholstery over sofas, window furnishings and bed covers also need to be rinsed on a routine basis. Use warm water and recommended detergents for washing garments, furnishings or upholsters.
3. Use a vacuum cleaner for the floors
Using a vacuum cleaner for keeping the floors tidy is another important condominium cleaning tip. If your flat is large, manually cleaning the floors can be a backbreaking exercise, especially when you need to clean the flooring at least once a week. Using a vacuum cleaner in these circumstances would be more convenient and practical. Not only will the areas be freed from dust completely including the difficult-to-reach areas but also you’ll not get exhausted.
4. Bathroom cleaning is a must every week
More often than not, the germs and bacteria from your body seem to accumulate in the bathroom simply because this is the area where you retire to everyday for cleansing yourself. To keep using your bathroom effectively and safeguarding yourself from incurring any serious health problem, make it a point to scrub clean the bathroom at least once in a week.
5. The living room and kitchen should not be neglected either
This is one area in your house where you and your family spend quite a lot of time. You also receive and entertain your guests in the living room. Therefore, tidying up the drawing room should be on the must dos of home cleaning program. The kitchen is another room in your condominium that tends to get greasy and sullied almost on a daily basis. So cleanliness of the kitchen is an essential task that should not be neglected.
Image credit: dolgachov
Condominium cleaning service by European Maids Cleaning company in St. Petersburg.
Home cleaning service by professional cleaning company in Palm Harbor, Clearwater and St. Petersburg.
Cleaning service by European Maids Cleaning company of St. Petersburg FL.
Home cleaning service is always provided by a professional in Clearwater, Palm Harbor and St. Petersburg FLorida.