Keep in mind that all kitchen cabinets have to suffer a lot of abuse from things such as cooking splatters, accidental spills, and a bombarding of fingerprints. But these uppers and lowers end up getting a shorter shrift during home cleaning. By the time you have realized that the kitchen cabinets are being neglected, you can find grease, dirt, smears, and grime building up on them. Keep in mind that this not only appears unsightly, but it also is a place for germ build-up. In this article, we will take a peek at some kitchen cabinet cleaning tips.
1. Empty them: Think about staggering the cleaning instead of attempting to do everything in a single day. After the cabinets have become empty, you can remove and discard the shelf paper. Now wipe and vacuum the dust from the drawers.
2. Clean the tops: If your cabinets are not touching the ceiling, then the small space above the uppers can be tough to handle. You will need a ladder or a step stool for this. You can use a small round brush or a long-handled duster for this purpose.
3. Use gentle cleaner: The idea is to clean the kitchen cabinet, not damage it. One of the safest ways of doing it is by mixing hot water with mild dish soap. Mix this in a spray bottle and use it with a microfiber cloth.
4. Clean from high to low: Make a beginning with uppers and work down. Complete the interiors first and pay attention to the corners. Remember to clean the box/drawer/door sides. You can use a sponge or a cloth moistened with plain water to remove a soapy residue.
5. Clean the grease: The best weapon against grease build-up is a mixture of one part baking soda with two parts water. Apply it to the grease and keep it for a few minutes, and then scrub it gently by using a soft-bristled brush.
6. Clean the trim: Dirt and grease are prone to crevices. They will invariably settle in a cabinet trim. Purge by using a basic cleaning solution with a soft toothbrush and cloth. You can wrap the cloth over your index finger. After the cleaning, rinse the crevices with moistened cloth together with plain water and allow them to dry.
7. Go for hardware and hinges: You can wrap a dry cloth around the index finger for cleaning hinges and employ the toothbrush over ceramic and metal hardware. It is a good idea to use a commercial glass cleaner for glass-front cabinet doors.
Before you start cleaning or organizing your home, it’s important to inspect the dishes, cookware, and food packages in your kitchen cabinets. Even if everything appears to be clean and dust-free, it’s a good idea to give the contents a quick swipe with a microfiber cloth to ensure they are truly pristine. Taking these extra steps will result in sparkling clean cabinets that you can be proud of. If you live near Clearwater, FL, Finest European Maids is a reliable home cleaning service that you might want to consider.
Picture Credit: Freepik