September 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- Home Organizing
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
It doesn’t matter whether you are buying or renting a new home. The pre-move-in cleaning is a necessity. The people that lived in the place before you would have left some grime, dirt, and dust, no matter how well-intentioned they were. Home cleaning before moving in is a perfect way of starting a new life. This is because there is no need to work around boxes and furniture items. There are several steps involved in providing proper home cleaning. Here are some of the tips to get you going.
1. Clean high before low: Keep in mind that dust is not always present on the floors and countertops. It is hanging there on overhead lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, shelves, and other features near the ceiling. These items are as prone to grime, and they are not cleaned many times. When you do get around to cleaning them, they will sprinkle dust and dirt below them. As cleaning these high-up areas will lead to the one below getting some filth, you need to start right at the top in every room and then work your way down.
2. Bathroom cleaning: Cleaning the bathrooms is as much about disinfecting the area as it is about getting spotless surfaces. A sponge and dish soap are all you will need for the initial scrub-down. Then you may follow this up with an antibacterial spray to get rid of all the lingering germs. It is a good idea to replace the toilet seats during home cleaning. Never forget the unexpected areas that may be skipped during a normal bathroom cleaning. Apart from the usual areas, also remember to clean light switches, toilet paper holders, door handles, and faucets.
3. Clean the fridge and rest of the kitchen: If you are performing the home cleaning after a move, get to the fridge first. You might be able to put off a few things during home cleaning, but a storage place for perishable items is not one of them. Sanitize the fridge and remove all the drawers and shelves to clean them individually. After cleaning the fridge, go to the remaining kitchen. Start with lighting fixtures, corners, and cabinet tops. Go to the appliances next, such as the oven, dishwasher, sink, microwave, and stovetop.
4. Flooring: After you have started your home cleaning at the top, you need to end it with the bottom. For the tile, linoleum, and wood floors, you need to use the vacuum attachment to clean the edges and corners. After this, sweep all the debris collected. Never vacuum everything unless the machine is specially designed for doing it. Finish all this by mopping the surface.
There are many steps involved in home cleaning before a move-in. However, you can get your place to appear new and shiny within a day or so by using some elbow grease. If you can get some helping hands, it will be great. Unless you are moving into a brand-new construction, there is always some home cleaning work you need to undertake. You can take help from Finest European Maids for this if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Freepik
If you or someone in your house has been sick with flu or cold, it is a good idea to kill the germ build-up in the house. You need to perform home cleaning to prevent the spread of these germs. After your days of sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and sniffling are behind you, it is time to clean and sanitize the bedrooms and the house. Let’s go through a checklist for disinfecting the harder surfaces and sanitizing the laundry items for a complete house cleaning.
1. Remove all the linen from the beds: You need to wash all the blankets, mattress covers, and sheets in the hottest possible water that is recommended on the care labels of the linen. In case your washer comes with a sanitization cycle, you can use it for this purpose. You are going to need a detergent for removing the stains, odors, and most of the viruses and bacteria while using it as instructed.
2. Wash the stuffed animals and pillows: There is a possibility of germ build-up in pillows and plushies. Launder all the removable pillowcases and wash away all the machine-washable stuffies and pillows. Keep in mind to read the instructions before you wash for good care. You can surface clean the pillows and other such items that cannot be cleaned in a washer.
3. Wipe all the harder surfaces: Do not forget the door handles, bedframes, and other non-porous and hard surfaces in your room. You can use disinfectants to remove everyday stains and kill most of the viruses and bacteria, including the ones that cause coronavirus.
4. Vacuum the floors thoroughly and perform deep cleaning: You can use a home sanitizer for this purpose as directed. You can disinfect the tiles and spot-sanitize the carpets. Take into account the possibility of renting a steam machine or getting a carpet cleaner. This is a good time to perform the annual deep cleaning.
5. Sanitize the upholstered headboards and mattresses: After you have removed the mattress covers and linen, you can spot-sanitize the mattresses by using a proper sanitizer. You can follow the instructions mentioned in the package.
6. Disinfect all the areas frequently touched: You need to look around the room for all those areas that are touched often, such as door knobs, switch plates, lamps, and furniture handles. You can follow the label directions for disinfecting by using a disinfectant.
7. Disinfect the metal/plastic toys and other non-porous surfaces: Playhouses, building bricks, dolls, trucks, and other kinds of toys require a full cleaning and disinfecting after somebody has been sick. You need to use a multi-purpose disinfectant for this purpose to remove grime, dirt, viruses, and bacteria.
8. Clean all the window coverings, such as curtains and blinds: When you have been sick with a cold or flu, you need to clean the blind slats. You should not wait for spring to clean them. Just take down the curtains and wash them properly. You need to take a sanitizer and use it as instructed, together with hot water, to remove all the germs. The use of hot water should be as instructed on the label.
This season of cold and flu means there is a germ build-up everywhere. You need to perform regular home cleaning by being aware of where these germs are hidden and how you can clean and disinfect the house after the sickness. It doesn’t matter whether or not you have some remnants of sneezes and sniffles left on your sleeves and surfaces; you can get products that will help you in performing home cleaning to remove all the odors, stains, viruses, and bacteria if utilized, as directed. If you reside in Clearwater, FL area and need to perform house cleaning after sickness, get in touch with Finest European Maids for professional cleaning.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
So, how often should you perform house cleaning? The answer is every day. This might contradict the article’s title, but there are some tasks you need to do every day to maintain the house functional and neat. In case your bed is unkept, you cannot wait for the laundry day to get the sheets in order. Sometimes the kitchen flooring is getting cluttered with crumbs, and you cannot wait for the stipulated day for sweeping it clean. This apart, this house cleaning varies from homeowner to homeowner.
Things you are cleaning too much
Let’s look at the things you are probably cleaning too much.
Wooden furniture: If the wood polish is used too much, it can cause damage to the finishing. Apart from that, the wax-based wooden polish can cause oily buildup that will trap even more dirt and dust. Once a month cleaning is a good idea by using furniture polish. You can otherwise use light dusting every other week.
Windows: Windows has to be cleaned once or twice every year. You may spot-clean them as required, but overcleaning can cause streaking and buildup of dirt. It is a good idea to use a power washer or hot water for cleaning from the outside.
Carpets and rugs: Your carpets need professional cleaning with steam cleaning at least once each year. You may try it yourself, but you cannot drench the fibers as it can lead to mold and mildew growth below the surface. You can just vacuum the rugs and carpets every week to collect crumbs and treat the spots and stains.
Fixtures: Lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, and other mounted accessories have to be cleaned once every month by using a microfiber cloth. Warm water can be used for cleaning glass fixtures to wipe off the caked-on dust and grime that might get accumulated. But you need to stay on top of the dusting each month.
Things you are not cleaning enough
You need to concentrate more on the things that need everyday cleaning or weekly cleaning.
Microwave: You need to wipe down the microwave at least once every week. Caked-on food crumbs can lead to overheating, and they can damage the microwave if they are not addressed immediately. Use hot water and a microfiber cloth to wipe it down. You can clean the splashes, and spot cleaning can also be done in between
Bathroom surfaces: Similar to your countertops, showers, flooring, toilets, and bathroom surfaces have to be wiped down each day to prevent the growth of bacteria. Make it a habit to wipe down the shower after each use. If you leave water in the tub, it leads to mold and mildew.
Kitchen countertops and sink: Your sink and kitchen countertops have to be cleaned daily. Bacteria thrive in the wet areas of the house. Therefore, places such as the kitchen and bathroom have to be wiped clean and properly sanitized for preventing them from spreading to other surfaces in the house.
Dishwasher: The inner area of the dishwasher can collect food particles, soap scum, and grease that can clog the dishwasher drain. In case you leave the food sitting in there for a long time, it can get odorous or can get lodged in the clean dishes during a cycle.
Performing house cleaning can appear overwhelming if you plan to do it every day or once a week. However, if you can stay on top of the cleaning, you can save many hours on the weekends. The good news is that you can hire professionals for house cleaning. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with Finest European Maids to schedule a cleaning today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Ceramic tile flooring is an extremely popular flooring alternative. This kind of flooring is durable however, similar to all types of floors it also requires cleaning and care. In this article, we will see some tile cleaning and grout cleaning tips for achieving clean flooring.
Vacuum or sweep the flooring
Vacuum or sweep the tile flooring every couple of times a week. Grit and sand are capable of scratching and dulling the surface. After you have removed all the dirt you need to do the mopping. Mix hot water with a mild detergent and apply it by using a chamois or rag rather than using a sponge mop. The sponge mop puts dirty water inside the grout and soils it. You need to keep on changing the cleaning solution within the bucket often so that there isn’t a dirty mop leaving films of dirt on the floors. But, in case you end up with a cloudy film on the flooring containing dirt, you can remove it by using all-purpose cleaners. Ensure that it is non-abrasive and will not scratch the flooring. It is also possible to prepare cleaner by yourself by mixing vinegar or lemon juice with hot water. Apply this solution to the flooring and then buff-dry it by using a clean cloth. It is possible to use a towel that may be pushed over the flooring by using your feet.
One of the more significant things while cleaning tile flooring is, knowing how to keep dirty grout away. Dirty grout means you have dingy-looking floors. Grout is generally porous and it absorbs dirt easily along with grease and other similar material. Spray this grout by using commercially made grout cleaners. You may also use mild bleach solutions for this. But, keep in mind to wear gloves while using these kinds of products. When you have deep stains let the cleaner sit on the tile flooring for ten minutes. Then you can use a toothbrush or similar small scrub brush for scrubbing away the grout. After this mop the flooring and rinse it thoroughly and then wipe it dry.
Deeper Tile Cleaning
When you are looking for deeper tile cleaning, you need to scrub ceramic tile flooring by using a polisher scrubber or an electric floor washer. This thorough cleaning action provided by this equipment is certain to brighten up joints and tiles. You can use a solution containing 1/4th cup of low-sudsing detergent or 1/2 tablespoon of either tri-sodium phosphate or washing soda or commercial flooring cleaning powder together with one gallon of water. You need to rinse well.
Ceramic Tile Cleaning For Stains
For stains that originated from tea, coffee, or juice, you can wash the flooring surface by using a mixture of detergent and hot water. After this, blot the surface by using hydrogen peroxide. For grease stains, you may use water and club soda or even a commercial flooring cleaner. If you have ink stains, you will need to use a cloth soaked in diluted bleach and place it on top of the ink stain. Keep the cloth lying there till the stain has vanished and rinse it completely after it.
If you have stubborn stains it may be a good idea to use a paste of water and baking soda. Apply the mixture to the stains and keep it there for the night. In the morning scrub it by using a nylon brush.
Being aware of ways of cleaning tile floors correctly will help in keeping them appearing beautiful and improve in service of it last for years. If you would rather have professionals doing this for you and you live in Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or Pinellas County, FL, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning Service.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
For parents living with their little ones, things are always similar to being in the season of sticky messes and sugar highs. It is more like a way of life for them. Candies, chocolates, sticky objects with food coloring containing sugary coating are notorious for settling onto carpets, clothing, and furniture fibers and the worst part is that they stay put. But, there is no need to be worried about cleaning these stains anymore. You can get professionals that are trained in tricks for cleaning stubborn stains.
Similar to most of the other stains you need to act quickly when you observe chocolate stains on your clothing, upholstery, or carpet. You may begin the cleaning by scraping off the excess or scraping chocolate by using a spoon or a knife. The vacuum hose may also be tried especially while removing stains from furniture and carpet. Doing this initially prevents the spreading of the stains or grinding out the chocolate further to fibers. From this onward your actions will depend on the item to be cleaned.
Clothing: After scraping off the extra chocolate you can turn the clothing items inside out and rinse away the stains by using cold water from the other side of the garments. This will help in pushing the chocolate out of the fibers. You may now spot-treat the stains by using stain removers, laundry detergents, or liquid dish soaps. Work into the lather gently. After this, soak the item in cold water for 30 minutes at least. Inspect the item for stains, and if there are more stains you can lather them and soak them again. After the stain is gone launder the item as usual. You can also air-dry the clothing item to make sure that the stain is gone.
Carpets and upholstery: After scraping away the loose chocolate, use 2 cups of lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap. You may use a soft cloth or a soft-bristle brush to gently apply the mixture to the stains. Dab the stained area rather than rubbing it for preventing the chocolate staining. Blot the stains by using a dry cloth or paper towels. Keep on applying the soapy water and then blotting it dry by using cloth until the stains are no longer visible.
Hard candies and lollipops
In many cases, the half-consumed hard candies and peppermints, manage to find their ways to the ground. This may happen in the case of the car flooring or the living room carpets. The real problem while cleaning this sticky mess is that it can become a worse problem if someone steps onto it unknowingly and grinds the material into the fiber. Follow this procedure for removing hard candies.
Spray the plain water on the candy stain for dissolving the bonded sugar. If you do not have a spray bottle you may dab the candy by using a wet cloth. Use a butter knife or a spoon for scraping off the candy. It might take some time for the water to dissolve the sugar from the stain. Now, apply the stain remover for eliminating the leftover candy dyes or residues. You can use enzyme cleaners, store-purchased carpet cleaners, or distilled white vinegar if you do not have any stain removers.
Now, blot the stained area by using a dry and clean cloth for lifting the stain. After the stain has been removed, wash away the carpet cleaner by dabbing the stained area with a damp and clean cloth. Any remaining excess moisture can also be removed by blotting the area again by using a dry cloth. Then allow this cleaned area to dry.
If you are overwhelmed with household cleaning tasks do not worry about it. If you reside in the Clearwater, FL area you may contact the professionals available at European Maids Cleaning for an appointment to inspect the dirty area. These professional home cleaning services will give you back the free time that can be enjoyed elsewhere.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Cleanliness is the key to health. And therefore, armed with jars, bottles and various brushes, we proceed to clean the apartment. Wet cleaning in the house will save households, and especially babies, of the harmful effects of the smallest particles contained in the air that enter the human body during inspiration.
It is difficult to overestimate wet cleaning, since it is clear to any mom that the child should breathe clean fresh air, and not dust. Just walking a broom in the corners, you will not achieve cleanliness in the apartment. And we must not forget that an excessive amount of dust in the room can lead to dangerous pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases, to the development of asthma or allergies.
In an apartment where a very small infant grows, it is necessary to carry out a full wet cleaning of the room at least twice a week. In addition, every day you need to wipe all surfaces in the apartment with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust. When the baby turns one year old, it will be possible to reduce the number of wet cleanings to 4-5 per month.
Preparing for Wet Cleaning
So that cleaning the apartment does not take you much time, you need to properly prepare for it. For wet house cleaning you will need different sizes of microfiber cloths, cleaning products, a mop, a washing vacuum cleaner, a large bucket for mopping the floor, a small basin for washing various surfaces (shelves, window sills, tables). When cleaning the room, immediately bring everything you need. Running back and forth for every little thing means spending extra time and effort.
Top to Bottom, Left to Right
Wet cleaning should be carried out starting from the upper shelves, mezzanines and cabinets, gradually moving down. If you plan to wash windows – start with them. Then wipe the windowsill and radiator, all the shelves, cabinets, drawers, mirrors, shades. Wash floors last.
Do not save on the purchase of good napkins and brooms for dust removal, they will do the job well and will serve you for more than one month. Computer stores sell pretty expensive, but wear-resistant wipes to wipe the monitor. They are the best suited for washing mirrors and windows. You will be pleasantly surprised by the result!
And do not forget to rinse the rag more often, removing dust.
Wet Vacuum Cleaner
A washing vacuum cleaner will save you from having to carry water buckets and rub the floor with a rag. Modern washing vacuum cleaners allow you to clean almost any surface in the house from dust and dirt: laminate flooring, natural wood floors, tile, carpet, woolen carpets, furniture. A variety of brushes included in the kit will allow you to penetrate the most inaccessible corners of the apartment. Brushes are made taking into account features of various surfaces. Using a washing vacuum cleaner reduces the wet cleaning time of the house by two, or even three times.
If you have not yet acquired a washing vacuum cleaner, special cleaners and an ordinary, well-absorbing sponge will help remove dust and dirt from furniture upholstery and carpets. Follow the instructions on the package exactly and everything will work out. True, such a wet cleaning of woven surfaces will take quite a lot of time and effort.
An important point: if the house is not warm enough, do not venture to wet the carpet or furniture. Dampness, which can be formed due to the fact that the carpet dries for too long, is much more dangerous than dust. In the folds of furniture or deep in the pile of the carpet, mold can form, which is dangerous for the baby! Mold releases toxins into the atmosphere, which literally poison the human body, causing headaches, nausea and dizziness. Furniture and carpets should be completely dry during the day after wet cleaning.
Wet house cleaning is a time-consuming task even for an experienced housewife. And when a baby grows up in a family, it is all the more difficult to devote a proper amount of time and energy to this important part of life. Try to attract household members to the cleaning, because a husband or an older child may well wipe the dust.
If you are unlimited in funds, you can use the services of professionals by ordering through the Internet a wet cleaning of the apartment at a convenient time for you.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
- Basket, bag or box for toys and small things
- Vacuum cleaner or broom
- Microfiber cloths
- Garbage bags, rubber gloves.
The main task that confronts parents cleaning a child’s room consists of 5 items.
1. Reduce the number of toys. The more toys in the child’s bedroom, the more often there is a mess. Children stop noticing their toys, throw them into the general pile and ask to buy new ones. Therefore, adults should collect toys from the floor, from under the bed and from behind the door, sort them into categories and put them in boxes or baskets. Naturally, you need to show the child what and where it lies so that he himself can find the necessary things.
To reduce the number of unnecessary toys, to avoid the protest of the child, you need to gradually remove some of them from him. Such a “quarantine” for toys will help identify which ones are expensive and necessary for a child, and which ones can be thrown away or redrawn.
2. Remove clothes in the room. In the upper part of the closet, seldom-used items should be folded – off-season clothes or fancy dresses.
Basic seasonal clothing must be sorted by color – so the child will remember that where it lies. Socks and other small wardrobe items should be put in the bottom drawer so that the child can easily reach them.
3. Remove trash in the room. What may seem adult rubbish for the child – a treasure. Therefore, only obvious rubbish should be thrown out of the children’s room. You also need to collect items that should not be in the child’s bedroom and place them in places.
4. Wipe the dust, clean the windows and the floor. This should be done with rubber gloves. Sweep and clean the floor is easy when all the toys and things are collected and placed in places.
Once a week it is necessary to move furniture away and remove dust in hard-to-reach places: under the bed and table, behind the dresser and wardrobe.
Lightly microfiber cloth moistened with water should be sure to wipe dust off books, upper shelves, decor items, chandeliers, leaves of houseplants. You also need to knock out dust from soft plush toys.
5. Cover the bed, remove things in the laundry. Cover the bed, smooth the sheets, blanket, bedspread, whip pillows. This is an important stage of cleaning – so you quickly teach the child to order. He must see that this is a daily obligatory “ritual.”
Cleaning rules in the child’s bedroom
- In the process of cleaning a child’s room, you can not use aggressive household chemicals (means for washing the floor, windows and laundry), so as not to cause an allergy to the child. It is better to choose hypoallergenic powder or baby soap.
- In order for the children’s room to always be in a more or less impartial state, it is necessary to constantly maintain order in it. Therefore, together with the child should be laid daily toys in places.
- It is necessary to regularly ventilate the room so that dust does not accumulate in the room.
- When cleaning the floor in the child’s bedroom is better to use a vacuum cleaner with a function of wet cleaning.
How to teach a child to order in the room
In order for the child to learn how to clean up on his own, clean up and put his things in place, one should teach him:
- make your bed every day;
- hang clothes in the closet or put them in the laundry basket – for further washing;
- put toys and books in their designated places;
- do not leave food in the room and, if possible, do not eat in the child’s bedroom;
- take out the garbage yourself (or ask adults). This will teach the child to timely clean up.
Using the services of a cleaning company, you can be sure that your home will always be clean!
Picture Credit: Pixabay
Baking soda is one of the natural substances commonly used in the household. It has many uses at home – we chose the 8 most interesting. Baking soda is good for cleaning, removing scale from the kettle or microwave or grout stains.
You can buy baking soda easily in the store, because it is a popular product often used for baking. But baking soda has many other uses at home: kitchen, cosmetics, health care and cleaning. Soda is great for cleaning many home appliances. Here are some ideas for using baking soda at home. You do not have to buy ready-made chemicals to effectively clean!
Soda will help us maintain cleanliness and speed up the preparation of meat dishes, cooking peas and beans. We can use it to clean the microwave oven, thanks to it we will get rid of the unpleasant odor from the refrigerator and remove the stone deposit. Baking soda can be used instead of baking powder, it is also perfect for cooking cauliflower. If you are bothered by the unpleasant odor of this vegetable, necessarily add a pinch of soda to the cooking water. Soda perfectly kills bad smells! Thanks to it, in a few moments we will get rid of the irritating smell of garlic or fish. All we need is to rub our hands with soda. Guide for 8 applications of baking soda!
1. Baking soda for cleaning the microwave
The microwave oven, when it is rarely washed, is covered with a layer of greasy dirt. To clean the microwave oven, simply wipe the walls with a damp sponge, to which we will pour out some baking soda. The next steps are wiping the inside of the oven with a damp cloth and finally dry.
2. Baking soda for cleaning grouts
Dust settles on the floors. It is easy to remove it from ceramic tiles using a regular mop, worse with fugues. The reliable baking soda will help here. For cleaning tiles and grouts, we use water with a diluted spoon of baking soda and soap petals. After cleaning, wipe the glaze with a dry cloth.
3. Home bleach with baking soda
Baking soda will also protect our white things so that they do not gray during washing. Just add half a glass of baking soda to each wash.
4. Removal of stains with baking soda
Yellow patches of sweat from a blouse or shirt will help to remove the mixture of baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and ordinary water – mixed in equal amounts and applied directly to the stain. The mix needs to be lightly rubbed into the stain with a brush and left to absorb, and then wash your clothes.
5. The use of baking soda at home: cleaning the iron
The burnt iron foot can be cleaned with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. A slightly heated iron (so that it could be touched by hand) should be wiped with a cloth soaked in a mixture of vinegar and baking soda.
6. How to remove the stone from the kettle using soda?
Sludge and stone from the kettle will effectively remove baking soda. Pour the contents of the baking soda package into the kettle, pour over water and bring to the boil. Then mix the whole vigorously and pour out. Repeat this step until all the stone from the kettle has been removed. At the end, scrub the kettle with a hard brush and dishwashing liquid.
7. The use of soda at home to remove unpleasant odors
An odor from sweaty, moistened shoes will help to remove baking soda. Put about half a bag of baking soda in your shoes, ideally do it overnight. Leave your shoes like that and in the morning soda shake thoroughly. After the unpleasant smell, there should be no trace! You will remove the unpleasant odor in the trash after wiping the washed trash can with a sponge dipped in a soda solution. Also, soda inserted in the fridge will let you get rid of the unpleasant odor.
8. Baking soda cleans clogged pipes
Clogged sewage pipes clear baking soda mixed with vinegar. Mix half a glass of soda with a glass of vinegar and pour into the drain. When the mixture stops hissing, pour 2 liters of hot water there.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
The main focus on cleaning you should do in the room where there will be a newborn baby. However, the kitchen with a hallway and the bathroom with a toilet require no less attention. Usually these places in the house are the most polluted, and you want to protect the baby as much as possible from germs, fungus and bacteria.
The action plan for general cleaning before childbirth is as follows:
- Washing windows and washing curtains. Dust accumulates on the curtains that can cause allergic reactions in the baby, so you should get rid of it. If possible, wash or dry clean. If for some reason it was not possible to do this, you can walk through them with a steam generator.
- Dust removal. Here the above-mentioned cyclone vacuum cleaner comes in handy, which does an excellent job of cleaning and is easy to clean, since it has no replaceable bags. It is necessary to vacuum the walls, upholstered furniture, carpets and floors. Using a water dispenser and brushes, clean the radiators. Wipe switches, sockets, lamps, shelves and window sills, all furniture and baseboards with a damp cloth. Drying of carpets, upholstered furniture and mattresses will not be superfluous. It is also necessary to wash the leaves of all house plants.
- Cleaning the kitchen. Wash the inside and ventilate the refrigerator, clean the kitchen surfaces from grease, and use a disinfectant to clean the garbage can. In the process of cleaning the gas stove it is necessary to check whether the gas is well supplied, whether there is a leak.
- Wash the bathroom and toilet. Cleaning the bathroom includes cleaning and washing plumbing, tile, and interfacing joints using safe disinfectants. In this case, a steam generator that will help get rid of mold and fungus, will wash away the remnants of chemistry and dirt will help very much.
- Wet cleaning of floors. This is the final stage of cleaning.
Useful things in preparing the apartment for the birth of the baby
Simple objects for the household and high-quality household chemicals will help to optimize and facilitate the process of cleaning. Mop with a mechanical spin, interchangeable nozzles, microfiber cloths for wiping dust and wet cleaning, melamine sponges – significantly speed up the cleaning process and make it much more pleasant.
The main rule when choosing household chemicals is that all sprays, gels and liquids should be of high quality, hypoallergenic and non-toxic, so as not to harm the health of the future mother and baby.
If you need more aggressive products that can thoroughly clean kitchen cabinets and ovens, baths and tiles from mold and fungus from fat, it is better to use them while your mother and baby are in the hospital. And to carry out cleaning at least 4 days before their return, so that all chemical vapors have time to disappear.
Use the help of professional сleaning services
With a large amount of homework for a woman in an interesting position it is difficult to cope alone. Therefore, it is necessary to involve assistants in the cleaning process.
The cleaning company will cope with cleaning quickly and efficiently at a convenient time for homeowners. The employees of the cleaning company provide a large list of cleaning services with a quality guarantee, use safe certified cleaning products and professional antiseptic preparations.
Picture Credit: Pixabay