October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Ceramic tile flooring is an extremely popular flooring alternative. This kind of flooring is durable however, similar to all types of floors it also requires cleaning and care. In this article, we will see some tile cleaning and grout cleaning tips for achieving clean flooring.
Vacuum or sweep the flooring
Vacuum or sweep the tile flooring every couple of times a week. Grit and sand are capable of scratching and dulling the surface. After you have removed all the dirt you need to do the mopping. Mix hot water with a mild detergent and apply it by using a chamois or rag rather than using a sponge mop. The sponge mop puts dirty water inside the grout and soils it. You need to keep on changing the cleaning solution within the bucket often so that there isn’t a dirty mop leaving films of dirt on the floors. But, in case you end up with a cloudy film on the flooring containing dirt, you can remove it by using all-purpose cleaners. Ensure that it is non-abrasive and will not scratch the flooring. It is also possible to prepare cleaner by yourself by mixing vinegar or lemon juice with hot water. Apply this solution to the flooring and then buff-dry it by using a clean cloth. It is possible to use a towel that may be pushed over the flooring by using your feet.
One of the more significant things while cleaning tile flooring is, knowing how to keep dirty grout away. Dirty grout means you have dingy-looking floors. Grout is generally porous and it absorbs dirt easily along with grease and other similar material. Spray this grout by using commercially made grout cleaners. You may also use mild bleach solutions for this. But, keep in mind to wear gloves while using these kinds of products. When you have deep stains let the cleaner sit on the tile flooring for ten minutes. Then you can use a toothbrush or similar small scrub brush for scrubbing away the grout. After this mop the flooring and rinse it thoroughly and then wipe it dry.
Deeper Tile Cleaning
When you are looking for deeper tile cleaning, you need to scrub ceramic tile flooring by using a polisher scrubber or an electric floor washer. This thorough cleaning action provided by this equipment is certain to brighten up joints and tiles. You can use a solution containing 1/4th cup of low-sudsing detergent or 1/2 tablespoon of either tri-sodium phosphate or washing soda or commercial flooring cleaning powder together with one gallon of water. You need to rinse well.
Ceramic Tile Cleaning For Stains
For stains that originated from tea, coffee, or juice, you can wash the flooring surface by using a mixture of detergent and hot water. After this, blot the surface by using hydrogen peroxide. For grease stains, you may use water and club soda or even a commercial flooring cleaner. If you have ink stains, you will need to use a cloth soaked in diluted bleach and place it on top of the ink stain. Keep the cloth lying there till the stain has vanished and rinse it completely after it.
If you have stubborn stains it may be a good idea to use a paste of water and baking soda. Apply the mixture to the stains and keep it there for the night. In the morning scrub it by using a nylon brush.
Being aware of ways of cleaning tile floors correctly will help in keeping them appearing beautiful and improve in service of it last for years. If you would rather have professionals doing this for you and you live in Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or Pinellas County, FL, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning Service.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
There are many queries in the minds of people at the moment such as can you get a COVID-19 infection from food? Normal household tasks have turned into anxious and uncertain times as families around the world are grappling to get the basics needed right and keep themselves and their loved ones safe during the pandemic. Home cleaning has become a significant chore as you need to clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces in the house regularly for lowering the risk of catching an infection.
1. Clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces: All homes are different although the high-touch surfaces are the same in most cases. They include tables, door handles, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, handrails, toilets, taps, mobile phones, light switches, tablets, computers, remote controls, keyboards, toys, and game controllers. You need to clean the dirty surfaces by using detergent and water before you go for disinfection. This is the best way to make sure that you are destroying the COVID-19 virus present in the home. Soap and water kill viruses similar to bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Trust the advice of reputed sources: The only way of fending off the virus is by understanding the facts about it. If you start reading about coronavirus from unreliable sources it may cause panic and a sense of fear. It doesn’t help anyone. You need to trust reputed resources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Red Cross, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and National Center for Disease Control (NCDC). These sources can be trusted to provide up-to-date and proven info about the spread of this virus inside your house.
3. Be vigilant at all times: Although the coronavirus is here to stay for the foreseeable future, you also need to keep it in mind that there are other viruses around that have been around for several years. So, although you should not panic, you need to make sure that you don’t let the guard down and take all preventive measures each day to restrict the spread of the virus.
4. Use warm/hot water wherever possible: Try to use warm and hot water wherever possible especially in places such as cleaning laundry. This fact is mentioned in the makers’ instructions as well. Ensure that the clothes are completely dry after the cleaning before you use them. People easily forget how many times they touch electronic instruments. These devices can be the host for several bacteria or viruses. Therefore it is significant that they are cleaned regularly.
5. Be additionally careful if someone in the household is sick: It is a good idea to clean and change the hand towels in any event. But, it becomes additionally significant if anyone in the household is sick. You can clean the bathroom and kitchen surfaces regularly anyway but if someone is sick ensure that this is done more often.
Cleaning and disinfecting products
If you find any surface to be dirty during home cleaning use detergent or soap with water for cleaning it. After this, use any disinfectant product that contains alcohol (containing around 70%) on the surface or you can use bleach as well. For the COVID-19 virus vinegar and other similar natural products are not useful. In a lot of places, it is tough to find wipes and disinfecting sprays. Use soap and water in such cases. You can use household diluted bleach solutions for some surfaces as well.
Remember COVID-19 is still rampant and is a real threat to the lives of the vulnerable so maintain good hygiene practices in the house. Do not neglect your home cleaning duties. However, if you are struggling to perform the home cleaning tasks by yourself due to a busy work schedule you can get the services of professionals such as European Maids in the Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
It is a well-known fact that the commonly used cleaning products available in the market are made from chemicals that can cause harm to humans. In addition to this, they also may be harmful to the environment. Luckily environment-friendly ingredients are also available to be used as effective cleaning solutions. Two of such common green and eco-friendly products are vinegar and baking soda. These two products may be used together or separately. They can also be mixed with natural products and are less toxic and are healthy alternatives for cleaning the home.
Baking soda is used effectively for cleaning pots and pans that contain baked-on residues. For doing this just sprinkle the object with baking soda and allow it to soak for fifteen minutes in hot water and detergent. You can pour baking soda on the flames of grease fire till it gets extinguished. Your dishwasher can be cleaned and freshened or your coffeepot may be cleaned by using just the baking soda. You can run vinegar through both these machines once a month to keep them free from residue and clean. You can make your silver shine with a range of different methods. For the refrigerator, you can use vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle. It is an eco-friendly method for cleaning and deodorizing the surface.
You can develop a non-toxic and thick scrub for cleaning the bathroom surfaces by stirring one tablespoon of liquid castile soap or detergent, vinegar, and a 1/4 cup of baking soda. Create a creamy mixture and then use it. 1/2 cup of baking soda can be used for cleaning the toilets. There is another alternative and that is pouring a cup of dilute white vinegar inside the toilet and allow it to soak overnight. Minerals clogging the showerheads is a common occurrence and it results in a reduced flow of water. Soak the showerhead by using a mixture of 1/4 of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar for 15 minutes. You may clean the soap residues from the loofahs after soaking them with equal portions of water and vinegar. You can use a paste of salt and vinegar for rubbing down sink fixtures.
You can use liquid detergent with a 1/2 cup of baking soda at the start of a wash cycle for a bright load of laundry. You can sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of the clothes hampers for taking care of stinky odors. Socks may get stained and dingy like gym clothing. In order to help the items appear fresh people soak them inside a pot of boiling water with distilled white vinegar.
You need to keep the baking soda and vinegar handy inside the house as there are several everyday things you can clean faster by using them together. The only question that remains is what will you clean first? If you feel the DIY is too much for you, get in touch with professionals. For the Clearwater, FL area you can contact European Maids who will perform the home cleaning for you efficiently.
Picture Credit: freepik
There are so many possibilities associated with a new apartment or a home. Uncluttered space, bare walls, and a bare canvas that can be used to create a new home for yourself. However, before you embark on the fun part of moving into a new place there is home cleaning to be done. You need to provide a deep clean to the new place. When you rent or buy a new place there is a need for pre-move home cleaning. The people that lived in the place before you would have left behind grime, dirt, and dust that should be taken care of before settling in. Unless of course, you have moved into new construction, the blank slate is not all that blank. Despite all this, there is nothing like having everything unpacked and having moved everything in the right place.
Adopt small changes initially: Many people are a bit messy generally and it is tough for these people to embrace a more organized and tidy lifestyle. However, trying to perform home cleaning from top to bottom at the same time will be overwhelming. You will need to embrace some straightforward habits initially. For example, you can begin by just doing the dishes after the meal each time. Gradually you may implement other changes towards living in a clean and organized home.
Keep clutter out of your life: If surveys are to be believed one in every four Americans has issues with clutter. This not only makes your space stuffier, smaller, and overwhelming but it also costs you more. You will be surprised to know how much money you can make by selling all that clutter online or by having a garage sale. So, rather than feeling cramped inside your own house and letting the clutter rule your life you must free yourself and get rid of the junk. Perform this home cleaning task one room at a time. Just remove everything you have not used in more than a year and set aside the things that can be sold.
Begin the mornings in an organized manner: When you make your bed in the morning every time your bedroom automatically starts looking more organized. It takes just a few moments every morning and you can make a good start to the day by creating an organized atmosphere in your bedroom. Your sanctuary will appear more inspiring and relaxing when you do this. It will have a positive effect on your mindset as well.
Quality of indoor air: When you are performing home cleaning and doing the tidying up, most people consider mopping, scrubbing, dusting, and vacuuming without taking into consideration the quality of air. Keep in mind that indoor air pollution is a serious problem that can affect your health and the general atmosphere of your house. However, there are ways available to mitigate this issue. Good AC units can create a healthy and airy atmosphere in your house. You can also have house plants and air purifiers to remove the airborne allergens and toxins. You need to opt for green cleaning products rather than using the toxic variety.
Deep cleaning and washing: Remember, everything from pillowcases, covers, to drapes and rugs collect allergens and dust inside the house each day. Carpets in particular are full of toxins, dirt, and other pollutants that can be spread in the confines of your space. You need to wash and deep clean the carpets, fabrics, and rugs regularly. Washing machines can be used for pillow covers, sheets, towels but the carpets and rugs need more effort. It might be a good idea to get them cleaned by professionals twice every year.
Clean while being on the move: You have probably passed a magazine thrown on your sofa or a blanket lying on the carpet a countless number of times. Rather than not paying attention to these messy areas you should tidy up these spots as soon as you have noticed them. Each time you come across a dirty or cluttered area inside your house do not ignore it. Deal with the problem immediately as it will save a lot of trouble later.
Maintaining a clean and tidy home often means adopting good habits that result in making your home and your life better organized. However, if you are looking to avoid all hassle related to home cleaning and have enough budget for professionals you can hire the services of European Maids in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Pexels
It is significant that you clean and disinfect the various surfaces inside the house. The different germs also are known as microorganisms can make people sick. These germs live on all kinds of surfaces and are capable of contaminating utensils, food, and other objects that are used for the preparation of food and eating it. In this battle against the germs, you might think that they have an advantage as they can be present anywhere at the same time. You can keep the infectious diseases such as cold and flu away by keeping these germs at bay.
The areas in the house with high traffic and various surfaces that are touched are the areas where germs are accumulated. One survey found out that the kitchen sink has more bacteria than garbage cans or toilets. One of the common places for germ build-up in the toilets is the toothbrush holder. This is because they are situated near the toilet and the act of flushing sends a mist of bacteria among these places. It is also easy to forget about them while cleaning the toilet and other obvious germ build-up areas.
It is possible to remove dirt and grime by using hot water and soap. This may also get rid of some germs but it may not be enough for some other surfaces that are home to many germs. You can use a cleaner-disinfectant for speed cleaning as it is a combination of two steps. It is possible to use it for bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops. Areas containing sticky spills can be cleaned by using soap and water. But while using disinfectants for home cleaning keep in mind to wear gloved and keep the windows open especially while using products containing bleach.
If you are using disinfectants bought from the store stay away from breathing the chemicals. Keep in mind to wipe down the cleaned areas such as countertops later by using water. Allow these surfaces to dry out fully before you prepare any food on them. There are some effective homemade cleaners such as hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar but do not mix them. In case you are using hydrogen peroxide, you must test it on unseen surfaces to ensure that it does not fade or discolor the surface.
Quick home cleaning
For cleaning up super-fast you can use these shortcuts. Maintain all the cleaning products inside a basket. This will keep them ready for use when you are and it is easy to carry them from one room to another. After spraying the disinfectant you might have to wait. You can carry out other household chores at the time. Utilize a plastic can liner for controlling the spill of trash and leakage. It will also quicken the cleaning process for garbage and wastebasket. Remember to sanitize the refrigerator after cleaning it and also the floor spills when they take place. This will ensure that they do not turn into a larger mess. It is possible to take out some serious germ build-ups within half an hour or definitely in less than a day. If you do not have pets or children this becomes even easier. Always start in the kitchen for this.
Many times the home cleaning is a time-consuming task even for the experienced housewives. In case you are in a good position in terms of funds you can think about the option of using professionals by ordering their services via the internet. The wet home cleaning can be arranged at a time suitable to you. If you are living in the Clearwater, FL area European Maids is a good alternative.
Picture Credit: Jeshoots
The main focus on cleaning you should do in the room where there will be a newborn baby. However, the kitchen with a hallway and the bathroom with a toilet require no less attention. Usually these places in the house are the most polluted, and you want to protect the baby as much as possible from germs, fungus and bacteria.
The action plan for general cleaning before childbirth is as follows:
- Washing windows and washing curtains. Dust accumulates on the curtains that can cause allergic reactions in the baby, so you should get rid of it. If possible, wash or dry clean. If for some reason it was not possible to do this, you can walk through them with a steam generator.
- Dust removal. Here the above-mentioned cyclone vacuum cleaner comes in handy, which does an excellent job of cleaning and is easy to clean, since it has no replaceable bags. It is necessary to vacuum the walls, upholstered furniture, carpets and floors. Using a water dispenser and brushes, clean the radiators. Wipe switches, sockets, lamps, shelves and window sills, all furniture and baseboards with a damp cloth. Drying of carpets, upholstered furniture and mattresses will not be superfluous. It is also necessary to wash the leaves of all house plants.
- Cleaning the kitchen. Wash the inside and ventilate the refrigerator, clean the kitchen surfaces from grease, and use a disinfectant to clean the garbage can. In the process of cleaning the gas stove it is necessary to check whether the gas is well supplied, whether there is a leak.
- Wash the bathroom and toilet. Cleaning the bathroom includes cleaning and washing plumbing, tile, and interfacing joints using safe disinfectants. In this case, a steam generator that will help get rid of mold and fungus, will wash away the remnants of chemistry and dirt will help very much.
- Wet cleaning of floors. This is the final stage of cleaning.
Useful things in preparing the apartment for the birth of the baby
Simple objects for the household and high-quality household chemicals will help to optimize and facilitate the process of cleaning. Mop with a mechanical spin, interchangeable nozzles, microfiber cloths for wiping dust and wet cleaning, melamine sponges – significantly speed up the cleaning process and make it much more pleasant.
The main rule when choosing household chemicals is that all sprays, gels and liquids should be of high quality, hypoallergenic and non-toxic, so as not to harm the health of the future mother and baby.
If you need more aggressive products that can thoroughly clean kitchen cabinets and ovens, baths and tiles from mold and fungus from fat, it is better to use them while your mother and baby are in the hospital. And to carry out cleaning at least 4 days before their return, so that all chemical vapors have time to disappear.
Use the help of professional сleaning services
With a large amount of homework for a woman in an interesting position it is difficult to cope alone. Therefore, it is necessary to involve assistants in the cleaning process.
The cleaning company will cope with cleaning quickly and efficiently at a convenient time for homeowners. The employees of the cleaning company provide a large list of cleaning services with a quality guarantee, use safe certified cleaning products and professional antiseptic preparations.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
If we started to wash the mirror, we would like to bring the result of work to perfection, so that the mirror was perfectly clean, radiant. Why are there streaks on the mirror? First, streaks occur because the mirror is not well cleaned – there are particles of dust and fat.
The second possible reason is the traces of detergent that was used when cleaning the mirror. This results in the appearance of soap streaks.
Third, water itself may not be very clean – sometimes it contains various impurities, which are manifested in the form of streaks. Knowing the reasons, it is easy to make an algorithm of action, which will allow to wash the mirror without stains to an ideal shine.
How to wash a mirror without streaks: in order
- Remove the dirt
For starting with a mirror you need to remove dust and grease. It’s not enough just to spray on a mirror surface a means for cleaning glasses and rub with a cloth – in this case, streaks, most likely, do not pass. Therefore, we arm a sponge and some liquid detergent. Perfectly suitable liquid dishwashing detergent. You can also use shampoo for hair.
The sponge needs to be soaked with water, drop a little detergent on it, foam it and carefully rub the mirror (soft side of the sponge!). Under no circumstances should you use any abrasives – they can scratch the surface.
Rinse the sponge, remove the detergent from the mirror cloth. Then we take a napkin (it is desirable from microfiber) and another couple of times the mirror is cleared, each time rinse the napkin with clean water.
If there are dropped fat droplets on the mirror or other hardened dirt, you can carefully remove them from the surface with a sharp blade or knife, and then rub the area with a soft sponge.
If the mirror is very dirty, it is possible to use a dishwashing detergent. It is necessary to first apply it on a sponge and to moisten it, turning it into a paste. Having a paste of consistency, the powder will scratch the surface of the mirror less.
- Wash the mirror with clean water
Thoroughly removing dirt from the mirror and detergent residue, it is necessary to wipe the surface with the cleanest water. Ideally, it is worth using boiled water, soaking it with a sponge or a napkin.
- Bring a brilliance
Now you need to rub the mirror to shine. For this purpose it is most convenient to use a microfiber or paper napkin.
The paper allows you to perfectly clear the mirror and glass, as, unlike textiles, the paper does not leave a piece of fibers and dust collected on the wet surface.
Perfect means are paper towels – they have the optimum softness, absorb excess moisture, while having no property to decompose.
Before wiping the mirror to a gloss with a paper cloth or a microfiber napkin, it is necessary to moisten the surface with a means that contributes to the perfect radiance. In stores there is a huge selection of similar means for washing glasses and mirrors. They are sold, as a rule, in large bottles with a spray gun.
It is necessary to spray a little money on a mirror and rub it with a paper cloth or microfiber napkin. All! The mirror shines and no streaks!
If at hand there is no such means for glasses and mirrors, it is possible to prepare his home analogue. For this purpose, it is necessary to dilute ammoniacal alcohol in boiled water at a rate of 1 tablespoon ammonium per glass of water. Pour this solution into a spray gun, spray on a mirror and wipe it dry with paper or napkin. If there is alcohol or vodka, it is worth adding it to a solution of amber at a rate of 1-2 tablespoons per glass of solution.
Picture Credit: Pike Properties
How to care for delicate items and do not damage porcelain when cleaning? Learn how to restore the original appearance of porcelain products at home.
- When washing porcelain, avoid water temperature changes.
- Be especially careful when cleaning porcelain dishes with metal trim.
- Avoid bleaching agents and abrasive cleaners.
- If you doubt how to clean your porcelain, it is always better to seek professional help.
Porcelain is one of the types of baked clay. He was invented in China and is now used to create a variety of items, from decorative tea sets to bath fixtures. Porcelain is a fragile material, so when you clean it, you should be extremely careful. Fine porcelain products are usually one of the most expensive things in the house, therefore, in order to preserve your precious collection of dishes, you will certainly benefit from the advice collected in this article.
How to clean porcelain figurines
Porcelain and other types of Chinese ceramics are often used to decorate the house – whether it’s floor vases or tiny figures. However, these decorative objects easily accumulate dust and dirt, so it is very important to look after them properly.
- First, remove the dust with a dry cloth, preferably from a microfiber, which will collect the dust, and not transfer it to another place.
- Then, with a small brush with a soft bristle, remove the dust from the tiny slits.
- Wash porcelain products in warm (and not hot) water with a mild detergent, preferably in a plastic basin, so as not to damage the product about the ceramic sink.
- Rinse the products under warm water and put on a towel to dry.
How can the temperature damage porcelain
When cleaning fine porcelain, the most important thing is to avoid sudden changes in temperature. Do not wash it in too hot water and lower the thin objects (plates) into the water slowly and gradually, so that the product is accustomed to the temperature. By the way, with a sharp contact with heat, the metal finish of the dishes can be damaged.
How to remove stains on porcelain dishes
Many people use porcelain dishes only on special occasions, but if stains (say, from tea) still appear – here are a few ways to deal with them:
- Wash the porcelain products with your hands, not in the dishwasher, where it is easy to damage them.
- Avoid chlorine-containing and other strong cleaning agents.
- Spots on porcelain can be cleaned with a sponge with soda or toothpaste, but do not use a toothbrush and other bristles with stiff bristles that can scratch porcelain. First, test the agent on a small area of the surface.
- If the stains are not cleaned out – mix in equal parts salt and vinegar and leave on the stain for an hour, and then rinse in warm water. Again, do not forget to first test this method of cleaning on a small area of the surface.
- To remove the stubborn stains, leave this mixture for longer or clean products with a special cleaner for washing porcelain with the addition of hydrogen peroxide. Be especially careful when using such potent agents and first test their effect on a small and subtle area of the surface.
How to clean porcelain in the bathroom
In some bathrooms there are porcelain elements, for example, taps, shower heads and tiles. Wash them with a weak solution of dishwashing detergent and warm water in the same way as utensils or porcelain ornaments. Do not clean porcelain in the bathroom with coarse abrasives and washcloths. Try clearing the lime and water spray with a paste of soda and water or a special cleaner for cleaning porcelain in the bathroom.
Image credit: NadineDoerle