November 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- November 2023
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- Home Organizing
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
In this article, we will explore some helpful cleaning hacks that can improve your home cleaning routine. By utilizing these ideas, you can clean your house more efficiently and effectively. We will cover creative tidying techniques and unexpected tools for cleaning your home. With these cleaning hacks, you can check off some items from your chore list, saving you both time and energy. Add these tips to your bag of tricks and consider your house cleaning complete.
1. Remove all pet hair by using rubber gloves: While our affection for our cherished pets knows no bounds, the swift accumulation of their fur can pose a challenge. However, you can sidestep the need for costly specialized attachments or tools by leveraging a few clever tricks to tidy up your pets. Don a pair of rubber gloves and glide them across the surface of your furniture. The friction created by the rubber material will gather the pet hair into manageable clusters, enabling effortless disposal.
2. Steam-clean the microwave: To effectively clean your microwave, try using lemon juice and microwaving it for 2 minutes until it boils and produces steam. This steam will loosen any debris stuck inside, which you can then easily wipe away with a cloth. Plus, you’ll be left with a pleasant citrus aroma.
3. Get rid of spoiled wine stains from the carpet: Wine is one of the most difficult stains to get rid of. Fortunately, club soda is a saving grace. You can begin spritzing the stains by using club soda. Now, blot the juice, wine, or colored drink stains by using a microfiber cloth. Repeat the procedure till all the stains are gone.
4. Use Dryer Sheets for Dusting: Dryer sheets can be used for laundry and also for dusting when you are cleaning your home. They are great for dusting TV screens, bookshelves, and other surfaces as they can reduce static and repel dust longer than traditional dusting tools.
5. Using pillowcases for cleaning ceiling fans: This is one of the most common cleaning hacks for dusting fans efficiently and fast. You can slip a pillowcase across the ceiling fan blades one at a time, and then you will have to wipe it clean. This allows the dust to fall within the pillowcase and not on the floors and furniture.
Remember that homemade cleaning solutions are as effective as the cleaners bought from the store. Dusting can sometimes be frustrating if you don’t have the right technique. However, with these home cleaning tips, you can effectively manage the dust. These cleaning hacks may be used to make dusting a breeze. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, you can turn to Finest European Maids for your home cleaning.
Picture Credit: Freepik
A cluttered office environment will lower your employees’ productivity and effectiveness. It will create a feeling of working in a chaotic and stressful environment for workers. Just like that, keeping your home neat and clean will enhance your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Many overlook cleaning tasks easily, but having a clean environment is truly important because it keeps your business successful and also leads you to live a healthy life. This article elaborates on the reasons you should consider hiring a professional cleaning maid.
Importance of Having a Clean Environment
Keeping a clean environment is crucial, whether at home or in business. It is because keeping your workplace or home clean offers tangible benefits for everyone involved—staff, business owners, and homeowners. It offers you the freedom to give the clean-up to someone else while also giving you peace of mind that your house or place of business is well-maintained and thoroughly sanitized.
Without daily cleaning, your home or office may become a haven for germs and bacteria. Additionally, having a clean environment in your office or home is important for many other reasons.
- Getting rid of clutter lessens stress at work and makes you feel more confident.
- Making the environment clean encourages people to feel good or have positive attitudes.
- In a clean environment, you may complete more work in less time.
Let’s take a look at some cleaning tips to help you keep your home and office clean and organized.
Tips for Keeping a Clean Home
- Vacuum all carpets at least once a week.
- Dust furniture every 2-3 days or use damp cloths as needed.
- Use an effective shower cleaner regularly to prevent the build-up of mold and mildew in the bathroom areas.
- Wipe down kitchen surfaces after preparing meals and keep the countertops clean and organized.
- Clear away debris promptly with the aid of piles of clothes or garbage bags to prevent clutter from accumulating in living spaces.
- Make sure windows and other glass surfaces are cleaned weekly to ensure no dust or dirt is present.
Tips for Keeping Your Office Clean
- Make it a habit to clean up regularly. This could mean vacuuming or mopping once a week, dusting surfaces twice a week, etc.
- Use natural cleaners where possible; these are usually more effective than chemicals in killing germs and protecting the environment.
- Letting in plenty of sunlight can naturally reduce bacteria that would otherwise accumulate in dark corners.
- Buy hypoallergenic products if anyone in the house has allergies or asthma triggers.
- People often touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, countertops, handles, and switch plates.
Cleaning those areas with a disinfectant solution or wipes is a must.
Why Should You Consider Hiring a Professional Maid for Cleaning?
Professional cleaning maids offer several advantages, from freeing up time to providing more thorough and detail-oriented cleaning. Their experience, personalized cleaning plans, and reliable scheduling will benefit you. They can also take care of special tasks, such as deep-cleaning carpets and upholstery.
In comparison to cleaning on your own, hiring the services of Finest European Maids offers better value for money and expert cleaning advice. If you live in the Clearwater, FL, area, consider investing in the services of a licensed and insured professional maid.
Whether you live in an apartment or a big home or use your office space, having clean and organized surrounding will make you feel better and improves your productivity. Utilizing a professional service like European Maids will be the best way to address the cleaning issue in a cost-effective and efficient way.
Picture Credit: Freepik
It doesn’t matter whether you are buying or renting a new home. The pre-move-in cleaning is a necessity. The people that lived in the place before you would have left some grime, dirt, and dust, no matter how well-intentioned they were. Home cleaning before moving in is a perfect way of starting a new life. This is because there is no need to work around boxes and furniture items. There are several steps involved in providing proper home cleaning. Here are some of the tips to get you going.
1. Clean high before low: Keep in mind that dust is not always present on the floors and countertops. It is hanging there on overhead lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, shelves, and other features near the ceiling. These items are as prone to grime, and they are not cleaned many times. When you do get around to cleaning them, they will sprinkle dust and dirt below them. As cleaning these high-up areas will lead to the one below getting some filth, you need to start right at the top in every room and then work your way down.
2. Bathroom cleaning: Cleaning the bathrooms is as much about disinfecting the area as it is about getting spotless surfaces. A sponge and dish soap are all you will need for the initial scrub-down. Then you may follow this up with an antibacterial spray to get rid of all the lingering germs. It is a good idea to replace the toilet seats during home cleaning. Never forget the unexpected areas that may be skipped during a normal bathroom cleaning. Apart from the usual areas, also remember to clean light switches, toilet paper holders, door handles, and faucets.
3. Clean the fridge and rest of the kitchen: If you are performing the home cleaning after a move, get to the fridge first. You might be able to put off a few things during home cleaning, but a storage place for perishable items is not one of them. Sanitize the fridge and remove all the drawers and shelves to clean them individually. After cleaning the fridge, go to the remaining kitchen. Start with lighting fixtures, corners, and cabinet tops. Go to the appliances next, such as the oven, dishwasher, sink, microwave, and stovetop.
4. Flooring: After you have started your home cleaning at the top, you need to end it with the bottom. For the tile, linoleum, and wood floors, you need to use the vacuum attachment to clean the edges and corners. After this, sweep all the debris collected. Never vacuum everything unless the machine is specially designed for doing it. Finish all this by mopping the surface.
There are many steps involved in home cleaning before a move-in. However, you can get your place to appear new and shiny within a day or so by using some elbow grease. If you can get some helping hands, it will be great. Unless you are moving into a brand-new construction, there is always some home cleaning work you need to undertake. You can take help from Finest European Maids for this if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Freepik
So, how often should you perform house cleaning? The answer is every day. This might contradict the article’s title, but there are some tasks you need to do every day to maintain the house functional and neat. In case your bed is unkept, you cannot wait for the laundry day to get the sheets in order. Sometimes the kitchen flooring is getting cluttered with crumbs, and you cannot wait for the stipulated day for sweeping it clean. This apart, this house cleaning varies from homeowner to homeowner.
Things you are cleaning too much
Let’s look at the things you are probably cleaning too much.
Wooden furniture: If the wood polish is used too much, it can cause damage to the finishing. Apart from that, the wax-based wooden polish can cause oily buildup that will trap even more dirt and dust. Once a month cleaning is a good idea by using furniture polish. You can otherwise use light dusting every other week.
Windows: Windows has to be cleaned once or twice every year. You may spot-clean them as required, but overcleaning can cause streaking and buildup of dirt. It is a good idea to use a power washer or hot water for cleaning from the outside.
Carpets and rugs: Your carpets need professional cleaning with steam cleaning at least once each year. You may try it yourself, but you cannot drench the fibers as it can lead to mold and mildew growth below the surface. You can just vacuum the rugs and carpets every week to collect crumbs and treat the spots and stains.
Fixtures: Lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, and other mounted accessories have to be cleaned once every month by using a microfiber cloth. Warm water can be used for cleaning glass fixtures to wipe off the caked-on dust and grime that might get accumulated. But you need to stay on top of the dusting each month.
Things you are not cleaning enough
You need to concentrate more on the things that need everyday cleaning or weekly cleaning.
Microwave: You need to wipe down the microwave at least once every week. Caked-on food crumbs can lead to overheating, and they can damage the microwave if they are not addressed immediately. Use hot water and a microfiber cloth to wipe it down. You can clean the splashes, and spot cleaning can also be done in between
Bathroom surfaces: Similar to your countertops, showers, flooring, toilets, and bathroom surfaces have to be wiped down each day to prevent the growth of bacteria. Make it a habit to wipe down the shower after each use. If you leave water in the tub, it leads to mold and mildew.
Kitchen countertops and sink: Your sink and kitchen countertops have to be cleaned daily. Bacteria thrive in the wet areas of the house. Therefore, places such as the kitchen and bathroom have to be wiped clean and properly sanitized for preventing them from spreading to other surfaces in the house.
Dishwasher: The inner area of the dishwasher can collect food particles, soap scum, and grease that can clog the dishwasher drain. In case you leave the food sitting in there for a long time, it can get odorous or can get lodged in the clean dishes during a cycle.
Performing house cleaning can appear overwhelming if you plan to do it every day or once a week. However, if you can stay on top of the cleaning, you can save many hours on the weekends. The good news is that you can hire professionals for house cleaning. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with Finest European Maids to schedule a cleaning today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Ceramic tile flooring is an extremely popular flooring alternative. This kind of flooring is durable however, similar to all types of floors it also requires cleaning and care. In this article, we will see some tile cleaning and grout cleaning tips for achieving clean flooring.
Vacuum or sweep the flooring
Vacuum or sweep the tile flooring every couple of times a week. Grit and sand are capable of scratching and dulling the surface. After you have removed all the dirt you need to do the mopping. Mix hot water with a mild detergent and apply it by using a chamois or rag rather than using a sponge mop. The sponge mop puts dirty water inside the grout and soils it. You need to keep on changing the cleaning solution within the bucket often so that there isn’t a dirty mop leaving films of dirt on the floors. But, in case you end up with a cloudy film on the flooring containing dirt, you can remove it by using all-purpose cleaners. Ensure that it is non-abrasive and will not scratch the flooring. It is also possible to prepare cleaner by yourself by mixing vinegar or lemon juice with hot water. Apply this solution to the flooring and then buff-dry it by using a clean cloth. It is possible to use a towel that may be pushed over the flooring by using your feet.
One of the more significant things while cleaning tile flooring is, knowing how to keep dirty grout away. Dirty grout means you have dingy-looking floors. Grout is generally porous and it absorbs dirt easily along with grease and other similar material. Spray this grout by using commercially made grout cleaners. You may also use mild bleach solutions for this. But, keep in mind to wear gloves while using these kinds of products. When you have deep stains let the cleaner sit on the tile flooring for ten minutes. Then you can use a toothbrush or similar small scrub brush for scrubbing away the grout. After this mop the flooring and rinse it thoroughly and then wipe it dry.
Deeper Tile Cleaning
When you are looking for deeper tile cleaning, you need to scrub ceramic tile flooring by using a polisher scrubber or an electric floor washer. This thorough cleaning action provided by this equipment is certain to brighten up joints and tiles. You can use a solution containing 1/4th cup of low-sudsing detergent or 1/2 tablespoon of either tri-sodium phosphate or washing soda or commercial flooring cleaning powder together with one gallon of water. You need to rinse well.
Ceramic Tile Cleaning For Stains
For stains that originated from tea, coffee, or juice, you can wash the flooring surface by using a mixture of detergent and hot water. After this, blot the surface by using hydrogen peroxide. For grease stains, you may use water and club soda or even a commercial flooring cleaner. If you have ink stains, you will need to use a cloth soaked in diluted bleach and place it on top of the ink stain. Keep the cloth lying there till the stain has vanished and rinse it completely after it.
If you have stubborn stains it may be a good idea to use a paste of water and baking soda. Apply the mixture to the stains and keep it there for the night. In the morning scrub it by using a nylon brush.
Being aware of ways of cleaning tile floors correctly will help in keeping them appearing beautiful and improve in service of it last for years. If you would rather have professionals doing this for you and you live in Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or Pinellas County, FL, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning Service.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
There are many queries in the minds of people at the moment such as can you get a COVID-19 infection from food? Normal household tasks have turned into anxious and uncertain times as families around the world are grappling to get the basics needed right and keep themselves and their loved ones safe during the pandemic. Home cleaning has become a significant chore as you need to clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces in the house regularly for lowering the risk of catching an infection.
1. Clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces: All homes are different although the high-touch surfaces are the same in most cases. They include tables, door handles, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, handrails, toilets, taps, mobile phones, light switches, tablets, computers, remote controls, keyboards, toys, and game controllers. You need to clean the dirty surfaces by using detergent and water before you go for disinfection. This is the best way to make sure that you are destroying the COVID-19 virus present in the home. Soap and water kill viruses similar to bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Trust the advice of reputed sources: The only way of fending off the virus is by understanding the facts about it. If you start reading about coronavirus from unreliable sources it may cause panic and a sense of fear. It doesn’t help anyone. You need to trust reputed resources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Red Cross, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and National Center for Disease Control (NCDC). These sources can be trusted to provide up-to-date and proven info about the spread of this virus inside your house.
3. Be vigilant at all times: Although the coronavirus is here to stay for the foreseeable future, you also need to keep it in mind that there are other viruses around that have been around for several years. So, although you should not panic, you need to make sure that you don’t let the guard down and take all preventive measures each day to restrict the spread of the virus.
4. Use warm/hot water wherever possible: Try to use warm and hot water wherever possible especially in places such as cleaning laundry. This fact is mentioned in the makers’ instructions as well. Ensure that the clothes are completely dry after the cleaning before you use them. People easily forget how many times they touch electronic instruments. These devices can be the host for several bacteria or viruses. Therefore it is significant that they are cleaned regularly.
5. Be additionally careful if someone in the household is sick: It is a good idea to clean and change the hand towels in any event. But, it becomes additionally significant if anyone in the household is sick. You can clean the bathroom and kitchen surfaces regularly anyway but if someone is sick ensure that this is done more often.
Cleaning and disinfecting products
If you find any surface to be dirty during home cleaning use detergent or soap with water for cleaning it. After this, use any disinfectant product that contains alcohol (containing around 70%) on the surface or you can use bleach as well. For the COVID-19 virus vinegar and other similar natural products are not useful. In a lot of places, it is tough to find wipes and disinfecting sprays. Use soap and water in such cases. You can use household diluted bleach solutions for some surfaces as well.
Remember COVID-19 is still rampant and is a real threat to the lives of the vulnerable so maintain good hygiene practices in the house. Do not neglect your home cleaning duties. However, if you are struggling to perform the home cleaning tasks by yourself due to a busy work schedule you can get the services of professionals such as European Maids in the Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
It is a well-known fact that the commonly used cleaning products available in the market are made from chemicals that can cause harm to humans. In addition to this, they also may be harmful to the environment. Luckily environment-friendly ingredients are also available to be used as effective cleaning solutions. Two of such common green and eco-friendly products are vinegar and baking soda. These two products may be used together or separately. They can also be mixed with natural products and are less toxic and are healthy alternatives for cleaning the home.
Baking soda is used effectively for cleaning pots and pans that contain baked-on residues. For doing this just sprinkle the object with baking soda and allow it to soak for fifteen minutes in hot water and detergent. You can pour baking soda on the flames of grease fire till it gets extinguished. Your dishwasher can be cleaned and freshened or your coffeepot may be cleaned by using just the baking soda. You can run vinegar through both these machines once a month to keep them free from residue and clean. You can make your silver shine with a range of different methods. For the refrigerator, you can use vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle. It is an eco-friendly method for cleaning and deodorizing the surface.
You can develop a non-toxic and thick scrub for cleaning the bathroom surfaces by stirring one tablespoon of liquid castile soap or detergent, vinegar, and a 1/4 cup of baking soda. Create a creamy mixture and then use it. 1/2 cup of baking soda can be used for cleaning the toilets. There is another alternative and that is pouring a cup of dilute white vinegar inside the toilet and allow it to soak overnight. Minerals clogging the showerheads is a common occurrence and it results in a reduced flow of water. Soak the showerhead by using a mixture of 1/4 of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar for 15 minutes. You may clean the soap residues from the loofahs after soaking them with equal portions of water and vinegar. You can use a paste of salt and vinegar for rubbing down sink fixtures.
You can use liquid detergent with a 1/2 cup of baking soda at the start of a wash cycle for a bright load of laundry. You can sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of the clothes hampers for taking care of stinky odors. Socks may get stained and dingy like gym clothing. In order to help the items appear fresh people soak them inside a pot of boiling water with distilled white vinegar.
You need to keep the baking soda and vinegar handy inside the house as there are several everyday things you can clean faster by using them together. The only question that remains is what will you clean first? If you feel the DIY is too much for you, get in touch with professionals. For the Clearwater, FL area you can contact European Maids who will perform the home cleaning for you efficiently.
Picture Credit: freepik
There are so many possibilities associated with a new apartment or a home. Uncluttered space, bare walls, and a bare canvas that can be used to create a new home for yourself. However, before you embark on the fun part of moving into a new place there is home cleaning to be done. You need to provide a deep clean to the new place. When you rent or buy a new place there is a need for pre-move home cleaning. The people that lived in the place before you would have left behind grime, dirt, and dust that should be taken care of before settling in. Unless of course, you have moved into new construction, the blank slate is not all that blank. Despite all this, there is nothing like having everything unpacked and having moved everything in the right place.
Adopt small changes initially: Many people are a bit messy generally and it is tough for these people to embrace a more organized and tidy lifestyle. However, trying to perform home cleaning from top to bottom at the same time will be overwhelming. You will need to embrace some straightforward habits initially. For example, you can begin by just doing the dishes after the meal each time. Gradually you may implement other changes towards living in a clean and organized home.
Keep clutter out of your life: If surveys are to be believed one in every four Americans has issues with clutter. This not only makes your space stuffier, smaller, and overwhelming but it also costs you more. You will be surprised to know how much money you can make by selling all that clutter online or by having a garage sale. So, rather than feeling cramped inside your own house and letting the clutter rule your life you must free yourself and get rid of the junk. Perform this home cleaning task one room at a time. Just remove everything you have not used in more than a year and set aside the things that can be sold.
Begin the mornings in an organized manner: When you make your bed in the morning every time your bedroom automatically starts looking more organized. It takes just a few moments every morning and you can make a good start to the day by creating an organized atmosphere in your bedroom. Your sanctuary will appear more inspiring and relaxing when you do this. It will have a positive effect on your mindset as well.
Quality of indoor air: When you are performing home cleaning and doing the tidying up, most people consider mopping, scrubbing, dusting, and vacuuming without taking into consideration the quality of air. Keep in mind that indoor air pollution is a serious problem that can affect your health and the general atmosphere of your house. However, there are ways available to mitigate this issue. Good AC units can create a healthy and airy atmosphere in your house. You can also have house plants and air purifiers to remove the airborne allergens and toxins. You need to opt for green cleaning products rather than using the toxic variety.
Deep cleaning and washing: Remember, everything from pillowcases, covers, to drapes and rugs collect allergens and dust inside the house each day. Carpets in particular are full of toxins, dirt, and other pollutants that can be spread in the confines of your space. You need to wash and deep clean the carpets, fabrics, and rugs regularly. Washing machines can be used for pillow covers, sheets, towels but the carpets and rugs need more effort. It might be a good idea to get them cleaned by professionals twice every year.
Clean while being on the move: You have probably passed a magazine thrown on your sofa or a blanket lying on the carpet a countless number of times. Rather than not paying attention to these messy areas you should tidy up these spots as soon as you have noticed them. Each time you come across a dirty or cluttered area inside your house do not ignore it. Deal with the problem immediately as it will save a lot of trouble later.
Maintaining a clean and tidy home often means adopting good habits that result in making your home and your life better organized. However, if you are looking to avoid all hassle related to home cleaning and have enough budget for professionals you can hire the services of European Maids in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Pexels