September 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- Home Organizing
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Tag Archives: Cleaning products
In this article, we will explore some helpful cleaning hacks that can improve your home cleaning routine. By utilizing these ideas, you can clean your house more efficiently and effectively. We will cover creative tidying techniques and unexpected tools for cleaning your home. With these cleaning hacks, you can check off some items from your chore list, saving you both time and energy. Add these tips to your bag of tricks and consider your house cleaning complete.
1. Remove all pet hair by using rubber gloves: While our affection for our cherished pets knows no bounds, the swift accumulation of their fur can pose a challenge. However, you can sidestep the need for costly specialized attachments or tools by leveraging a few clever tricks to tidy up your pets. Don a pair of rubber gloves and glide them across the surface of your furniture. The friction created by the rubber material will gather the pet hair into manageable clusters, enabling effortless disposal.
2. Steam-clean the microwave: To effectively clean your microwave, try using lemon juice and microwaving it for 2 minutes until it boils and produces steam. This steam will loosen any debris stuck inside, which you can then easily wipe away with a cloth. Plus, you’ll be left with a pleasant citrus aroma.
3. Get rid of spoiled wine stains from the carpet: Wine is one of the most difficult stains to get rid of. Fortunately, club soda is a saving grace. You can begin spritzing the stains by using club soda. Now, blot the juice, wine, or colored drink stains by using a microfiber cloth. Repeat the procedure till all the stains are gone.
4. Use Dryer Sheets for Dusting: Dryer sheets can be used for laundry and also for dusting when you are cleaning your home. They are great for dusting TV screens, bookshelves, and other surfaces as they can reduce static and repel dust longer than traditional dusting tools.
5. Using pillowcases for cleaning ceiling fans: This is one of the most common cleaning hacks for dusting fans efficiently and fast. You can slip a pillowcase across the ceiling fan blades one at a time, and then you will have to wipe it clean. This allows the dust to fall within the pillowcase and not on the floors and furniture.
Remember that homemade cleaning solutions are as effective as the cleaners bought from the store. Dusting can sometimes be frustrating if you don’t have the right technique. However, with these home cleaning tips, you can effectively manage the dust. These cleaning hacks may be used to make dusting a breeze. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, you can turn to Finest European Maids for your home cleaning.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Everybody loves being a couch potato; however, it is not funny to lounge on a dirty piece of furniture. After a while, spilled soda, crumbs, dirt, pet hair, and oil from your hands and feet get collected onto the couch. This makes the couch appear dingy. But do not worry. In this article, we will look at some ways of cleaning the couch so that it is ready for use while watching binge. You can watch the entire season of your favorite TV show from the rejuvenated sofa. It doesn’t matter whether you have tough stains or crumbs; the cleaning tips will make the sofa look as good as new.
1. Vacuum the couch: You can use a hand vacuum or the brush attachment of your vacuum to clean the dirt and debris from the surface of the sofa. Ensure that you are cleaning the different crevices that have pet hair, dirt accumulates, and food crumbs. In case the cushions are not attached to the sofa, you can remove them and vacuum either side.
2. Clean the metal or wooden areas: Wipe out the sofa feet and similar other non-fabric components of your sofa by using solutions of liquid dish soap and warm water. Locate the tags on the couch to read all the instructions carefully for learning the ways of cleaning the upholstery. WS means you need to use a mild detergent together with a steam vacuum or use a dry-cleaning detergent. X means you need to just use a vacuum and no water. S means you need to use a dry cleaner detergent only. W means you may use water for cleaning it.
3. Remove all the stains: Being aware of the ways of cleaning the couch means being aware of ways of removing stains. You may use commercial cleaners or use your cleaners made from natural ingredients you use in the kitchen. Homemade cleaners are kinder to the earth, and they are also cheaper. Here are different ways of cleaning the sofa according to fabric type.
Fabric upholstery: Mix 3/4 warm water with 1/4 cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap. Add a spray bottle. First, mist the soiled area, and then scrub it using a soft cloth till the stain goes away. You need to use a second piece of cloth which is moistened with clean water, to remove the soap. Dry the fabric with towels.
Leather upholstery: you need to mix 1/4 cup vinegar together with 1/2 cup olive oil and place the mixture within a spray bottle. Spray the cleaner over the couch surface and use a soft cloth to buff the surface.
Synthetic upholstery: Mix a cup of warm water with 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon of dish soap inside a spray bottle. Mist your soiled area and scrub it with a soft cloth till the stains are gone.
After cleaning a couch, allow it to dry. You may even consider pointing a box fan at the sofa for quicker drying. If you wish to clean a couch during your house cleaning, you can use the services of professionals such as Finest European Maids if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
If you or someone in your house has been sick with flu or cold, it is a good idea to kill the germ build-up in the house. You need to perform home cleaning to prevent the spread of these germs. After your days of sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and sniffling are behind you, it is time to clean and sanitize the bedrooms and the house. Let’s go through a checklist for disinfecting the harder surfaces and sanitizing the laundry items for a complete house cleaning.
1. Remove all the linen from the beds: You need to wash all the blankets, mattress covers, and sheets in the hottest possible water that is recommended on the care labels of the linen. In case your washer comes with a sanitization cycle, you can use it for this purpose. You are going to need a detergent for removing the stains, odors, and most of the viruses and bacteria while using it as instructed.
2. Wash the stuffed animals and pillows: There is a possibility of germ build-up in pillows and plushies. Launder all the removable pillowcases and wash away all the machine-washable stuffies and pillows. Keep in mind to read the instructions before you wash for good care. You can surface clean the pillows and other such items that cannot be cleaned in a washer.
3. Wipe all the harder surfaces: Do not forget the door handles, bedframes, and other non-porous and hard surfaces in your room. You can use disinfectants to remove everyday stains and kill most of the viruses and bacteria, including the ones that cause coronavirus.
4. Vacuum the floors thoroughly and perform deep cleaning: You can use a home sanitizer for this purpose as directed. You can disinfect the tiles and spot-sanitize the carpets. Take into account the possibility of renting a steam machine or getting a carpet cleaner. This is a good time to perform the annual deep cleaning.
5. Sanitize the upholstered headboards and mattresses: After you have removed the mattress covers and linen, you can spot-sanitize the mattresses by using a proper sanitizer. You can follow the instructions mentioned in the package.
6. Disinfect all the areas frequently touched: You need to look around the room for all those areas that are touched often, such as door knobs, switch plates, lamps, and furniture handles. You can follow the label directions for disinfecting by using a disinfectant.
7. Disinfect the metal/plastic toys and other non-porous surfaces: Playhouses, building bricks, dolls, trucks, and other kinds of toys require a full cleaning and disinfecting after somebody has been sick. You need to use a multi-purpose disinfectant for this purpose to remove grime, dirt, viruses, and bacteria.
8. Clean all the window coverings, such as curtains and blinds: When you have been sick with a cold or flu, you need to clean the blind slats. You should not wait for spring to clean them. Just take down the curtains and wash them properly. You need to take a sanitizer and use it as instructed, together with hot water, to remove all the germs. The use of hot water should be as instructed on the label.
This season of cold and flu means there is a germ build-up everywhere. You need to perform regular home cleaning by being aware of where these germs are hidden and how you can clean and disinfect the house after the sickness. It doesn’t matter whether or not you have some remnants of sneezes and sniffles left on your sleeves and surfaces; you can get products that will help you in performing home cleaning to remove all the odors, stains, viruses, and bacteria if utilized, as directed. If you reside in Clearwater, FL area and need to perform house cleaning after sickness, get in touch with Finest European Maids for professional cleaning.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Many people these days spend a lot of time in their kitchens. You might have always enjoyed cooking or possibly you are loving a newfound hobby. It doesn’t matter what the reason is, one thing is certain, no one really likes one of the byproducts of home cooking-grease. It is easily one of the more stubborn soils and is extremely difficult to remove. To combat this domestic problem there is a selection of products available that can be employed during home cleaning. There is a range of products available from gentle green cleaners to dish soap and water. Let’s look at some steps to tackle or prevent grease formation in the house.
1. Wipe your stovetop clean after every use: This is definitely your best bet when you are battling against grease formation. Make this routine a part of your cleaning up process after your meals. This will ensure that there are no chances of grease building up.
2. Dish soap is quite effective for removing grease: This product is formulated for removing greasy food residues from your dishes. It can work well for the same task during home cleaning over the microwave or stovetop.
3. Citrus oils are useful for breaking down the grease: If you can add orange essential oils to the dish soap and water, it will not only smell great but can make your home cleaning a bit simpler as well.
4. For the more recent spills of grease, use flour on it: Sprinkling flour over the grease spill will help in cleaning the mess. Although this might seem to be counterintuitive (Wouldn’t it make a further mess?) but the truth is that the flour absorbs the grease. This makes it simpler to find and wipe the grease.
5. Use baking soda and water: Using baking soda with water is helpful in removing grease from all the pots and pans. Keep in mind that baking soda is alkaline. It means it is pretty effective for breaking down the grease during home cleaning. Pour a bit of water and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in a warm pan after you have finished using it for cooking. You can also use some soda water for this purpose. After soaking for a while, you will find that grease cleaning is a lot easier.
6. Using salt and rubbing alcohol for removing grease from the fabric: This method is extremely useful for fabrics that cannot be washed by using a washing machine. Some of them include couches and rugs. You need to mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol together with 1 part of salt and there you go. You need to use a clean piece of cloth for scrubbing the mixture inside the stain. You will have to scrub hard. After the grease stain is removed you must allow the spot to dry. After this, you can use the vacuum for cleaning up the remaining salt.
7. Performing your clean and simple home cleaning: You need to periodically perform home cleaning. This is the best method for keeping the grease away all the time.
Using different products for grease cleaning
Dish soap with warm water together makes for an extremely effective combination for tackling grease stains from your house. If you have tougher grease stains the technicians can spray the surface with degreasers. Then they will work on other aspects of home cleaning. The degreaser will work on breaking down all the grease. If you are entering the house for the first time there may be grease build-up in some areas. The cleaners will have the requisite tools for this problem as well. There is a Formula 409 cleaner available for breaking down the heavy grease. You can use the Easy-Off oven cleaner for grease build-up having taken place over the years.
Keep in mind that the best way of dealing with grease formation is to prevent it from getting worse. But you will need help from professional home cleaning teams for this. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids for this problem. They will make a quick work of these grease stains in your home and allow you to concentrate more on cooking. Using a cleaning service is necessary for all the busy families. So, get in touch with pros for your home cleaning and grease cleaning needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
From giving the mudroom the much-needed organizational change to hiding the wrangling wires under the desk, you would agree that it’s much easier to keep things clean when things are at their designated places. Although hiring a cleaning company helps you keep your house in the best condition, we recommend some accessible practices to help you maintain your home daily.
Some products by well-known brands, when applied, can tackle all sorts of organizational issues. Some of the easiest and the most effective corporate hacks that can help deal with the trickiest spaces and items have been discussed below.
Install Small Hooks to Reorganize Under the Kitchen Sink
Organizing the under-the-kitchen-sink cabinets can sometimes be challenging because they house several cleaning products and household supplies. The area is primarily tiny, but you already know the importance of maximizing each inch of space available. Clear small hooks when installed inside these cabinet doors or the interior walls transform the area instantly. They provide you with a convenient place to hang items such as cleaning gloves, dishcloths, and scrubbing brushes.
Decluttering The Laundry Room By Using Caddy and Spray Bottle Hangers
Irrespective of whether you have a dedicated laundry room in your house or not, optimizing the space will make your life easier. Install caddy and spray bottle hangers to create a place for dry sheets or lint rollers. You should set up multiple baskets or hampers labeled by color or family member to save time and eliminate the need to sort your laundry reputedly.
In addition, you can have a variety of spray bottles to eliminate the degrees of stuck-on stains. They attach both easily and quickly to the wall while ensuring the most-used stain removers remain out of sight but still within your reach. This is just what any good cleaning company would guide you to do and practice.
Use Cord Organizers To Tidy Up Your Tech Devices
Be it the video gaming consoles, headphones, laptops, or your smart devices; we are surrounded by miles of wiring around us. The list of household electronics and attached cords or chargers to power them often overwhelms us. Organizing them properly will save space and ensure that they remain working. It would even allow you to unplug them whenever required.
You do not need a professional cleaning company to take care of these. It’s easy than you think. You merely need to follow some basic steps that will help in keeping these wires clutter-free.
Storing Your Broom and Mop Securely With Broom Grippers
Most of us often discard our brooms or mops in the closet or the laundry area. Now, this being a regular practice leads to unnecessary wear and tear of the essential cleaning tools. Using a Broom Gripper allows you to organize your most used supplies in the best way and make them easily accessible. You can simply hand a Broom Gripper on the wall in your closet, mudroom, or laundry room.
The tips above are simple yet easy to implement regularly. Although you may find it hard to integrate the above practices in your schedule, over time, it becomes a habit, and you find it way easier than what you have been doing for years. Alternatively, you may contact a cleaning company to help you keep your house clean thoroughly.
If you are searching for a quality professional cleaning company in Clearwater, FL area, you should reach out to European Maids cleaning company. They have been serving residents in and around the area for years and are a well-known cleaning company today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Ceramic tile flooring is an extremely popular flooring alternative. This kind of flooring is durable however, similar to all types of floors it also requires cleaning and care. In this article, we will see some tile cleaning and grout cleaning tips for achieving clean flooring.
Vacuum or sweep the flooring
Vacuum or sweep the tile flooring every couple of times a week. Grit and sand are capable of scratching and dulling the surface. After you have removed all the dirt you need to do the mopping. Mix hot water with a mild detergent and apply it by using a chamois or rag rather than using a sponge mop. The sponge mop puts dirty water inside the grout and soils it. You need to keep on changing the cleaning solution within the bucket often so that there isn’t a dirty mop leaving films of dirt on the floors. But, in case you end up with a cloudy film on the flooring containing dirt, you can remove it by using all-purpose cleaners. Ensure that it is non-abrasive and will not scratch the flooring. It is also possible to prepare cleaner by yourself by mixing vinegar or lemon juice with hot water. Apply this solution to the flooring and then buff-dry it by using a clean cloth. It is possible to use a towel that may be pushed over the flooring by using your feet.
One of the more significant things while cleaning tile flooring is, knowing how to keep dirty grout away. Dirty grout means you have dingy-looking floors. Grout is generally porous and it absorbs dirt easily along with grease and other similar material. Spray this grout by using commercially made grout cleaners. You may also use mild bleach solutions for this. But, keep in mind to wear gloves while using these kinds of products. When you have deep stains let the cleaner sit on the tile flooring for ten minutes. Then you can use a toothbrush or similar small scrub brush for scrubbing away the grout. After this mop the flooring and rinse it thoroughly and then wipe it dry.
Deeper Tile Cleaning
When you are looking for deeper tile cleaning, you need to scrub ceramic tile flooring by using a polisher scrubber or an electric floor washer. This thorough cleaning action provided by this equipment is certain to brighten up joints and tiles. You can use a solution containing 1/4th cup of low-sudsing detergent or 1/2 tablespoon of either tri-sodium phosphate or washing soda or commercial flooring cleaning powder together with one gallon of water. You need to rinse well.
Ceramic Tile Cleaning For Stains
For stains that originated from tea, coffee, or juice, you can wash the flooring surface by using a mixture of detergent and hot water. After this, blot the surface by using hydrogen peroxide. For grease stains, you may use water and club soda or even a commercial flooring cleaner. If you have ink stains, you will need to use a cloth soaked in diluted bleach and place it on top of the ink stain. Keep the cloth lying there till the stain has vanished and rinse it completely after it.
If you have stubborn stains it may be a good idea to use a paste of water and baking soda. Apply the mixture to the stains and keep it there for the night. In the morning scrub it by using a nylon brush.
Being aware of ways of cleaning tile floors correctly will help in keeping them appearing beautiful and improve in service of it last for years. If you would rather have professionals doing this for you and you live in Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or Pinellas County, FL, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning Service.
Picture Credit: Freepik
An important condition in the long-term use of carpet is its cleaning. During the operation of the carpet, it can appear all sorts of stains, stick fur of animals, as well as possible absorption of odors. Proper care of the floor carpet will extend its life by more than a decade.
Cleaning of a natural carpet
Natural carpet should be vacuumed at least once every three days, and at least once a month to do wet cleaning. You can use any household carpet shampoo when doing wet cleaning.
Cleaning of a synthetic carpet
If the carpet is in the office, it is better to put a special doormat before entering the room. It is undesirable to arrange wet cleaning for synthetic carpet as under the action of moisture it can be significantly reduced in size.
It is important to note, that the surface of the carpet is applied special dirt-repellent coating that can be washed off during wet cleaning.
Synthetic carpet is cleaned with a regular vacuum cleaner, and at least twice a year it is desirable to carry out dry cleaning. In that case, if you still decide to do wet cleaning, then you need to make sure that the carpet is completely dry. Otherwise, the fibers will begin to rot, and the coating will have to be discarded.
Therefore, for wet cleaning, it is better to call in a specialist, that will clean your carpet according to all the rules and re-cover the carpet with a dirt-repellent composition.
Special carpet cleaning remedies will not only wash away dirt and dust but, at the same time, will protect you from insects. Also, you can use universal cleaning shampoo, which is also good for cleaning carpets. To do this, you need just to wipe the coating with a sponge or brush, soaked in the shampoo. Then wipe the carpet with a wet cloth and wipe it to dry.
Natural remedies to remove stains:
Stains from fruit juice, tea, coffee, or chocolate can be easily cleaned with alcohol and vinegar. Proportions for solution: 2/3 of alcohol and 1/3 of vinegar.
If there are egg stains, at first, moisten the stains with soapy water, diluted with alkali (10%). Then just rinse with clean water.
Stains of paint, varnish, or paste for ballpoint pens you can remove if wiped with a cloth soaked in a solution of ethyl alcohol and turpentine.
Professional carpet cleaning
Professionals recommend at least once a year to use the services of the cleaning companies and dry carpet cleaning. Dry carpet cleaning helps get rid of dirt and accumulated dust and removes the smell of anyone bad odors. After this procedure, your carpet will be like new again!
Picture Credit: Pexels
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
Deep cleaning in summer is an important activity as both heat and humidity contribute towards germ build-up. We have to be extra careful during the summer months and you will be surprised that it isn’t as hard as you might be thinking. Below we have listed five common areas that attract the most grime in the warmer months. We have also discussed the best ways to keep them clean throughout the summers.
When having a central air conditioning system, you should be changing furnace filters after every 2-3 months during summers. As air conditioning flows through the same ducts as heats, changing filters trap allergens and pollutants and reduce the risks of mold.
Although white bleach brightens the area and kills molds, it doesn’t treat the root of the issue. Spray white vinegar on small and big patches of mold on any hard surface thoroughly. Let it sit there for an hour and then rinse using a damp cloth and warm water. You may need to scrub in case the spot doesn’t go easily. Take a paste of baking soda with water in a bowl to scrub using a sponge.
Indoor air often gets stagnant in summers and allows odors to linger in small spaces like closets. Even areas where you keep sports equipment and shoes tend to get extra smelly in summers as moisture levels increase. This leads to bacteria growth and produces odor. You need to address this issue instead of covering the moisture using a spray.
For this purpose, baking soda is highly effective as it absorbs moisture and traps odor. For cleaning the air, place an open box of baking soda in the smelly area and add a few drops of refreshing essential oils. Shake the solution every week to refresh the scent and further activate its odor-absorbing qualities. You may even sprinkle baking soda for a quick refresh. Allow it to sit for some hours or overnight before dumping it away.
Summer is an ideal season to clean your windows and allow the sun in. Make a solution using 50/50 distilled water and white vinegar. You can add a few drops of lemon or orange essential oil for degreasing power and extra scent. For cleaning taller windows, you can use a handheld steamer with an extension hose and window squeegee. Fill a steamer and gently squeegee the windows. Wipe the excess water using a simple microfiber cloth. The steamer also helps in keeping away the stuck-on messes forming on the windows.
Garbage and hot air are a bad combination that can lead to the development of a foul smell. You should regularly wash your garbage cans using a soap solution and allow them to dry completely before reuse. In addition, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda on the can’s bottom before putting a new bag. Dumping of baking soda should be done once every couple of weeks and start with a fresh new layer to absorb odors.
Searching for a reliable cleaning service company in Clearwater & Pinellas County? Look no further as European Maids are there to service all your needs. Their team is not only trained with the best standards but equipped with advanced cleaning tools and equipment. They provide licensed maids to perform all sorts of home cleaning tasks at the most competitive rates.
Picture Credit: Freepik
If you have a cat or a dog as your pet, carpet cleaning becomes a challenge during home cleaning. These pets are capable of chewing up your carpet and leave it with stains. More than that, they also leave a lot of hair that will build up within the carpet. Luckily there are some experts available out there that will tell you that there is no need to give up your pet for maintaining a clean carpet in the house. Here are some tips for pet owners to maintain their carpets appearing fresh.
Buy a stain-resistant kind of carpet
Stain-resistant carpets are always a terrific alternative. When you are replacing your carpet, getting stain-resistant carpets is a good idea because they are more resilient. They will also last a lot longer than usual carpets. Stain-resistant carpets provide a protective factor from a cleaning perspective and the fiber part. Apart from that, it is a terrific idea to get your expert carpet cleaner to use a carpet protectant during every cleaning procedure.
Cleaning pet urine
One of the more frustrating parts of carpet cleaning is cleaning pet urine. When you are trying to remove the urine spots from your carpet, it is a great idea to catch them as early as possible. After you have initially seen a bad spot, you have to get many paper towels or pieces of cloth and use them for blotting by stepping on this spot using the cloth. After this, apply 3% hydrogen peroxide liberally. Do not worry; the man-made fibers are not damaged due to this. Then blot again and repeat the procedure when the carpet is dry, as many times as required. It will allow you to remove the urine as you are waiting for the professional carpet cleaning team to complete this task as a part of their home cleaning exercise.
Trim the nails of your pets
Although this depends on the length of your pet’s nails, they can impart damage to your carpet. If your pet is excited sometimes and begins to do zoomies on the carpet, it is likely to snag the strands away from the carpet. Even though it appears extremely cute when your pet is doing it, there is an unraveling effect on your carpet exposing the spots on your carpet. It is also significant to be aware that when you are trimming the nails of your pet, make use of a pet file. This will not only trim the nails of your pets but will protect your carpet. It protects your hardwood flooring as well. Some people even take their pets to a vet or a salon if they are worried about this scary problem of cutting the nails too close and cause the pet to bleed.
Use vacuum often
Although your pet might not shed too much there is always going to be dander on your carpet. Dander may cause the carpet getting weighed down and it can provide a nasty odor to it. For preventing this from happening there is a need to vacuum them often. When you own a high pile carpet, there is a need to use a suitable vacuum cleaner to make sure that you get all the dander and dirt out of the carpet.
If you have pets several steps can be used for taking care of your carpet and many of them can be implemented. Maintaining your carpet is a reflection of a clean home and the fact that you take pride in cleaning it. If you live in the area of Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL, and in need of home cleaning contact experienced professionals from European Maids as they can clean your carpet floors and the whole house the best possible way.
Picture Credit: Freepik