January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Tag Archives: House Cleaning
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
The guestroom in your home usually sees maximal use all through the holiday season starting from Thanksgiving till New Year. You get a good opportunity to entertain your guests-family members and friends when they visit you to join you in your festivities. Though the celebrations and merry-making will be a tad muted and restrained this year owing to the pandemic, you’ll still find many reasons to play the enthusiastic host.
Below we have discussed some practical tips on how to spruce up your guest room for the forthcoming holiday season. These tips will stand you in good stead when it comes to tidying up the guest room to accessorizing the space, letting your guests feel perfectly at home.
Home Cleaning Thoroughly Before Arrival of Guests
You have probably forgotten the last time you cleaned up the spare bedroom for entertaining a close relative or friend of yours. More often than not you use the guestroom in your home as a hobby room, art room, or home office. Make sure you relocate or clear away personal stuff from the guestroom as much as you can well in advance for the holiday company.
The idea is to make your visitors or guests feel as comfortable as possible rather than giving them the impression that they’re being intrusive. After all, you’d want your near and dear ones visiting you to strongly believe that they’re welcome. Start home cleaning by dusting the entire room using a clean dry cloth or a microfiber duster beginning from upper surfaces.
If you have a carpeted floor, then use a vacuum cleaner for sucking up deep-seated dirt and grime from the carpet. On the other hand, brush off ceramic and hardwood floors using a high-quality floor cleaner and a mop with a reusable microfiber pad. You must have changed the bed linens and bedcovers following the departure of your visitors towards the end of the holiday season.
In case you haven’t, then make sure you do so before the arrival of your new guests or visitors. Do up the bed by spreading a recently laundered bedcover, and place cozy pillows, blankets, or duvets on one side. Layering the bed with a duvet or bedspread minimizes contact with pet dander, dust, microbes, and other potential allergens.
If your guest or visitor is particularly sensitive to scented or aromatic laundry detergent then using fragrance-free natural soap powder demonstrates that you care for your visitors’ wellbeing. And if the weather stays cool and sunny then make it a point to keep the entrance and windows open to let in enough sunshine and fresh air. This will ensure that the guestroom remains airy, clean, and free of moisture.
Also, see to it that there is sufficient space in the room for allowing your guests to put away their luggage and belongings. At the same time make sure that the closet or wardrobe has plenty of space and spare hangers for your guests’ clothes.
Keeping Your Guestroom Cozy and Snug for Holiday Company
It does not bear emphasis that your close guests (though they’re an extension of your family) may feel a bit discomfited staying in your home even if briefly. So, it is up to you to make your visitors feel fully relaxed and at ease. You can do the following to make your guests feel comfortable and remain calm and content during the holiday company: –
- Place a bedside desk or counter close to the bed for keeping eyeglasses, phone, books, and a water bottle handy during sleep.
- Keep spare pillows and blankets on the bed so that they have the option of choosing those which make them feel comfy.
- A desk lamp is very handy, it enables your guests to find their way back to the bed from the bathroom after they’ve switched off the lights.
- Placing a small card mentioning your Wi-Fi network’s name and password on the bedside desk helps your guests to stay in touch.
- Chances are that your visitors will be carrying their smartphone that also doubles up as an alarm clock. However, it’d be a good gesture on your part if you already keep a charging dock with an alarm clock in the guest room.
- The last thing your guests would want after getting up in the morning is to wake you up for their daily caffeine dose. And the best way to spare your visitors from the embarrassment is to install an electric kettle or coffeemaker with some disposable cups.
- There’s no gainsaying that everybody needs to stay hydrated during the cold and harsh winter season. Hence ensure that you keep a good number of water bottles or a pitcher. Also, keep snacks, including biscuits, crackers, wafers, and granola bars that your guests’ can have with their tea or coffee.
You can contact European Maids in Clearwater, FL if you are looking for professional help. They provide experienced professionals equipped with modern tools to clean your house effectively.
Picture Credit: Crello
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
Do regular house cleaning and a well-organized home bring more happiness and internal stability? Although most people might not consider cleaning and organizing things as a reliable solution to deal with mental health issues, recent research indicates that a clean house or an organized home brings serious psychological benefits.
If you remove extra clutter, dirt, debris, and dust inside your house, you will experience several benefits besides physical health benefits such as better indoor air quality. Below we have discussed some important benefits of organizing your house and keeping it clean.
Benefits of Regular Home Cleaning and Organizing
Our environment has a remarkable effect on our identity. Having a cluttered interior living space with misplaced items, garbage or unwashed dishes affects the way we see ourselves. Most of us have observed this and a study published in Psychological Science had confirmed that both order and disorder have a measurable impact on our preferences, behavior, and choices.
The research concludes that people living in a clean and orderly space were highly likely to choose healthy snacks, do charity, and prefer options labeled as traditional or classic. On the other hand, disorderly rooms experience a boost in creativity and unconventional thinking but could not choose a healthier and conscientious living.
Another research published in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin indicated that homes instilled with positive words like restful or restorative were less likely of being stressed or exhausted compared to cluttered homes. Women are likely to be more negatively impacted when they have stressful home scores tested using high levels of cortisol and increased depressed mood during the day.
Psychology of House Cleaning
Despite your preference of having little chaos in your living environment, house cleaning is an important part of homeownership and daily well-being. But why cleaning the house is so important for our psyches? Explanations vary where some research believes that having a clean house motivates you to seek new experiences and explore. Such ideas help in managing the negative feelings.
As per a study conducted by Indiana University, St. Louis, locals reported high levels of physical activity when they lived in a clean house. The research also concluded that interior cleanliness was an important predictor for physical activity even if all other factors were taken into consideration.
Another study published in the Journal of Neuroscience stated that living in a clean environment boosts concentration levels and improves focus. It happens because the brain processes debris and clutters as a distraction while you try to correct the situation. Although we don’t usually realize this, our subconscious uses up mental resources for processing the clutter in our work or home environment and takes up valuable bandwidth of other tasks.
With our hectic schedules and a host of other things to manage, we usually have limited time to do regular household cleaning. Hence, to ensure your house remains clean, you may contact European Maids. The company offers professional cleaning staff to perform house cleaning and keep your home in the best condition. Their services can be availed across Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL.
Picture Credit: Crello
Although you might be excited to shift, moving into a new home isn’t easy. We mostly consider packing and unpacking to be the only two major tasks to consider but there are several other things you should be aware of. Comfortably settling down in your new house, learning how it functions, and prioritizing things you have to tackle are important too. Each small and big things need to be done correctly instead of waiting and assuming they could be figured out later.
You may or may not have prepared a checklist to tackle all issues related to moving into a new home. But we have shortlisted a quick checklist to ensure you aren’t missing the important ones while executing your plans to move.
Walkthrough Your New House
First and foremost, it’s good to spend some time exploring an empty house. It allows you to imagine and plan about what to place where. Be it setting up your furniture or unpacking your belongings, things get a lot easier when you know where each needs to be placed. Other than that, do a comprehensive inspection if:
- Repairs have been done as requested or agreed with the previous owner.
- Everything is included as per the contract for sale
- Everything such as outlets, fixtures, and switches are in working order
In case you find issues going against a sale contract, you should call the realtor immediately and explain the issues.
Pet or Child Proof
In case you are moving to this house with little kids or pets, your immediate concern should be doing initial childproofing. This ensures basic safety is maintained before stepping inside the house. Things like creating a dedicated space to store discarded packing materials and inspecting all windows to check if they are securely closed. Also, check if they are any hanging cords coming off the blinds. You should also keep cleaning supplies, glassware, and box cutters at a place that cannot be easily reached by kids or pets.
Plan What Goes Where
Doing this saves a lot of time and trouble when moving into a new home. Planning helps you set up things quickly and avoid any confusion when your belongings arrive. Your priority should be to plan for all large and heavy items such as furniture. Besides having a basic idea of what goes where you should also plan how they should be set up. You might make changes later on but if you have a plan, setting up your house becomes quicker and much easier.
Ensure All Utilities are Set-Up
You must have arranged your utilities to be ready before moving in. Now you should also ensure they are ready and working properly before moving into the new house. Verify heating and cooling, internet, electric, water, and gas are set up properly. It’s also a good idea to call the local waste management facility and register your home for garbage pick-up.
Check Location of Water Valve and Fuse Box
Both are important things and you should be well aware of where they are located. It’s recommended to identify their locations well in advance so that you don’t end up looking for them in case of an emergency. It could be a sudden power failure or you might need to turn off the water supply, you would need access to both these places immediately.
Deep Clean The Entire Property
You would never want to clean your house immediately after moving in. Hence, it’s better to do deep cleaning an empty house in all corners before you move in. Hiring a professional cleaner is advised instead of trying to clean the house yourself.
Repairing Should Be a Priority
If you are moving into a new house, you might not need to do this. But if people were living inside the house before, you will have to undertake some repair projects. Inspecting the house and looking for damages at every corner should be your priority. Also, you should get those repairs done before moving your furniture and other belongings to the new house.
Other Important Things To Consider
Besides the things mentioned above, there are a few more things to consider. They include changing the old locks, changing your address with the post office before moving into a new home, and meeting your neighbors. Planning well in advance can ease the pressure and hurdles that you face while shifting.
Cleaning for instance is very important to ensure both safety and hygiene requirements are met. In case you are searching for a professional agency that can help you deep clean your new house in Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL, call European Maids right away.
Picture Credit: Freepik
If you have a cat or a dog as your pet, carpet cleaning becomes a challenge during home cleaning. These pets are capable of chewing up your carpet and leave it with stains. More than that, they also leave a lot of hair that will build up within the carpet. Luckily there are some experts available out there that will tell you that there is no need to give up your pet for maintaining a clean carpet in the house. Here are some tips for pet owners to maintain their carpets appearing fresh.
Buy a stain-resistant kind of carpet
Stain-resistant carpets are always a terrific alternative. When you are replacing your carpet, getting stain-resistant carpets is a good idea because they are more resilient. They will also last a lot longer than usual carpets. Stain-resistant carpets provide a protective factor from a cleaning perspective and the fiber part. Apart from that, it is a terrific idea to get your expert carpet cleaner to use a carpet protectant during every cleaning procedure.
Cleaning pet urine
One of the more frustrating parts of carpet cleaning is cleaning pet urine. When you are trying to remove the urine spots from your carpet, it is a great idea to catch them as early as possible. After you have initially seen a bad spot, you have to get many paper towels or pieces of cloth and use them for blotting by stepping on this spot using the cloth. After this, apply 3% hydrogen peroxide liberally. Do not worry; the man-made fibers are not damaged due to this. Then blot again and repeat the procedure when the carpet is dry, as many times as required. It will allow you to remove the urine as you are waiting for the professional carpet cleaning team to complete this task as a part of their home cleaning exercise.
Trim the nails of your pets
Although this depends on the length of your pet’s nails, they can impart damage to your carpet. If your pet is excited sometimes and begins to do zoomies on the carpet, it is likely to snag the strands away from the carpet. Even though it appears extremely cute when your pet is doing it, there is an unraveling effect on your carpet exposing the spots on your carpet. It is also significant to be aware that when you are trimming the nails of your pet, make use of a pet file. This will not only trim the nails of your pets but will protect your carpet. It protects your hardwood flooring as well. Some people even take their pets to a vet or a salon if they are worried about this scary problem of cutting the nails too close and cause the pet to bleed.
Use vacuum often
Although your pet might not shed too much there is always going to be dander on your carpet. Dander may cause the carpet getting weighed down and it can provide a nasty odor to it. For preventing this from happening there is a need to vacuum them often. When you own a high pile carpet, there is a need to use a suitable vacuum cleaner to make sure that you get all the dander and dirt out of the carpet.
If you have pets several steps can be used for taking care of your carpet and many of them can be implemented. Maintaining your carpet is a reflection of a clean home and the fact that you take pride in cleaning it. If you live in the area of Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL, and in need of home cleaning contact experienced professionals from European Maids as they can clean your carpet floors and the whole house the best possible way.
Picture Credit: Freepik
You will find several harmful bacteria and germs lurking around the corners of your house. They are also waiting for an opportunity on different surfaces of an average kitchen. Therefore it is significant that you wash your hands before you touch any food articles. Not only that, you need to sponge and sanitize these surfaces regularly. Let’s check out the Dos and Don’ts of dishwater and sponge kitchen cleaning.
- Use microwave for damp sponges: While you are performing kitchen cleaning all it takes is a minute for the sponge within your microwave to banish all those harmful bacteria and bugs. You may also use a straightforward drying cycle within your dishwasher for killing all these molds, yeasts, and germs.
- Keep replacing your sponge regularly: In case you forget to sanitize your kitchen cleaning sponge regularly just replace it. Keep in mind that it doesn’t take a lot of time for different bacteria to build within these sponges. Typically they will start appearing within a few days.
- Remove all those smelly sponges during home cleaning: If you can detect a feisty and bad odor it is a definite sign that your kitchen sponge is not clean. You may zap it inside your microwave, place it within your dishwasher while being on a dry cycle or better still replace it.
- Maintain your kitchen sponge in a dry condition: You need to completely wring out your sponge or dishcloth after its use for avoiding it from getting damp between the uses because it encourages the growth of bacteria. Leave out the sponge to get dry off but make sure that you are not leaving it in an enclosed space such as a bucket or a cabinet.
- Do not wipe out those meat juices by using a sponge: It is one of the fastest ways of raising the chances of foodborne and harmful pathogens spreading over your sponge. Therefore use paper towels instead or use disinfectant for absorbing all your spillage.
- Do not use your sponge over kitchen countertops: Unless your kitchen sponge is hygienically cleaned by using one of the methods noted above or it is fresh out of its wrapper, never use it for wiping the surfaces within your kitchen. In all probability, you will end up spreading bacteria all over the kitchen.
Cleaning your sponge
Soak your sponge in a mixture of one gallon of water and 3/4th cup of bleach for five minutes. It is an easy and surefire method for destroying all the bacteria from your sponge. Bleach is renowned for its bacteria-destroying capabilities and all experts agree that it is the most effective way of keeping your sponges clean. You can also use vinegar instead of bleach if you don’t like its smell. Soak for the same amount of time with vinegar.
Although these ways are effective, keep in mind that none of your kitchen sponges are going to last forever. You will need to replace them at some point in time. Otherwise, you can just leave this home cleaning to professionals such as European Maids in Clearwater & Pinellas County, FL area. They can bring their tools, eliminating all the requirements.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Providing your kitchen sink a deep clean should always be a part of your regular kitchen cleaning routine. There is a tendency to think that as there is a lot of soap and water running through a kitchen sink daily, it is a relatively clean place. However, that is not the case in reality. Splashing and rinsing by using dish soap that takes place each day don’t have anything to do with proper sink cleaning. Here are some tips for cleaning the kitchen sink in the right manner.
1. Provide thorough rinse to the sink
Before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink you may wish to wash off all the dishes and provide a thorough rinse to the sink. All the liquid, foods, and debris lying in the sink must be rinsed away before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink. After rinsing, clear the drains also. In reality, it is a good practice to perform daily, even when you do not have the time for complete kitchen cleaning. While taking into consideration stainless steel sinks, remember that salt and acids within food may damage the finishing of the sink. For other kinds of kitchen sinks, it makes cleaning the stains harder. Rinsing the sink must be a daily chore before night.
2. Sprinkling baking soda in the sink and scrub
After rinsing the sink of debris and food articles you need to sprinkle baking soda in it. Cover the entire sink and do not hold back. Canisters of baking soda are available that can be sprinkled. You may even use a mason jar with holes drilled on the top. If you take the mason jar option, you can even add a few drops of essential oils to soda. This will give a great smell to the entire kitchen. After you have the baking soda covering the whole sink, you should start scrubbing. Use a bit of dish soap on the sponge for simpler cleaning. Although baking soda is a bit abrasive, it is not bad enough to scratch the stainless steel kitchen sink surfaces not even other kinds of surfaces. Scrub top to bottom to ensure that you are scrubbing towards the drain. The best method for cleaning a sink is by using circular motions for scrubbing away the whole sink.
After you have finished scrubbing the sink surfaces clean, you should sanitize the surface. Provide a good rinse to the freshly scrubbed kitchen sink to ensure that all the things you have cleaned are getting washed away to the drain. Now, soak the paper towels with white vinegar and utilize them for lining the sink. Cover the whole sink and let the vinegar and towels sit on it for 20 minutes. Keep in mind that vinegar is a natural sanitizer and it can remove hard water stains.
4. Cleaning faucets
After the basin of the sink is clean and sanitized, remember to clean a handle and a faucet. Sink faucets and handles may be cleaned by using a mild soapy solution. You can use a surface cleaner or dish soap with a sponge and it will do trick for you. When you are finished cleaning the faucets you may apply a vinegar-soaked cloth for wiping down and sanitizing commonly handled surfaces. After this, remember to deodorize a drain and disposal.
Well, all that is remaining now is to take a step back and admire the handy work you have done during kitchen cleaning. However, sometimes things are out of hand and kitchen cleaning can turn out to be trickier than you would have envisaged. If you live Clearwater, FL area you can get in touch with European Maids to ensure that the kitchen sink and the entire process of kitchen cleaning get the right treatment.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Most people crave getting the feeling of being in control in terms of having an organized space. Many times you have additional time at your disposal. You can use this time for cleaning closets in your home. In most cases, our closets are a lot less organized and far more cluttered than what we see in magazines or on TV. As these closets serve the purpose of being a storage space they tend to get full of several items that are without proper housing. Similar to a clean home, an organized and simplified closet can improve your mood. Here are some tips.
1. Be honest with yourselves: Many times you keep clothes that you do not need any longer for emotional reasons rather than for any logical ones. It is especially true for those struggling with weight fluctuations or changing body shapes. Many times the memory of how we appeared in a certain outfit a while ago can be overpowering to the reality of how clothes fit you now. Similarly, there is all possibility that you might have bought some clothes while taking into consideration a fantasy version of yourself. But in reality, you might never feel comfortable wearing that kind of clothes. Before performing closet cleaning try on every item and ask yourself these questions,
- Why should I own this item?
- Do I need this piece of clothing?
- Do I love this dress?
- Is this clothing item flattering to me?
- Am I likely to wear it tomorrow?
- Does the item fit properly at the moment?
2. Be aware of the places to donate the clothes: Closet cleaning will be a lot easier if you are aware of the places where you will be donating the clothing items ahead of time. This way ensures that after you have finished purging and decluttering the wardrobe, you may quickly whisk the items away to some deserving recipient thereby making this process a lot simpler. You can also think about consigning gently used or expensive clothing. You can make the closet cleaning process easier by keeping a donation bin, basket, or bag right within the closet. It allows you to de-clutter the closet and toss away the items that you no longer need.
3. Ensure a weekly sweeping: The more often you perform closet cleaning the lesser time it will take the next time around and simpler it will be. If you can commit to a weekly clutter clearing you will just have to spend 10 to 15 minutes every once a week or twice a week inside the closet for placing the unnecessary items within the donation box. You can re-arrange the clothes that fell out of place fold and re-hang the clothes that were strewn about your bathroom and bedroom. All of this procedure will take a lot lesser time than you think if you could handle it methodically.
4. Maximize the available storage space: Are you taking full advantage of the nooks and crannies of your closet? You will be able to fit more clothes in the closet by maximizing the space available by using the best available closet storing products. You can use the closet door for hanging the often-worn jewelry and scarves by installing hooks at the eye-level. You may think of adding inexpensive shelving in case the closet already does not have one. Other options can be hanging drawers and shoe organizers for making the most out of the available space.
Many times you are looking for a fresh perspective and sometimes you just do not know where to begin. Guidance from someone with experience in decluttering can be invaluable at such times. It is a good idea to hire the services of professionals in this case. If you live in the Clearwater and Pinellas County, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning as they can transform your closet with their organized services.
Picture Credit: Freepik
For parents living with their little ones, things are always similar to being in the season of sticky messes and sugar highs. It is more like a way of life for them. Candies, chocolates, sticky objects with food coloring containing sugary coating are notorious for settling onto carpets, clothing, and furniture fibers and the worst part is that they stay put. But, there is no need to be worried about cleaning these stains anymore. You can get professionals that are trained in tricks for cleaning stubborn stains.
Similar to most of the other stains you need to act quickly when you observe chocolate stains on your clothing, upholstery, or carpet. You may begin the cleaning by scraping off the excess or scraping chocolate by using a spoon or a knife. The vacuum hose may also be tried especially while removing stains from furniture and carpet. Doing this initially prevents the spreading of the stains or grinding out the chocolate further to fibers. From this onward your actions will depend on the item to be cleaned.
Clothing: After scraping off the extra chocolate you can turn the clothing items inside out and rinse away the stains by using cold water from the other side of the garments. This will help in pushing the chocolate out of the fibers. You may now spot-treat the stains by using stain removers, laundry detergents, or liquid dish soaps. Work into the lather gently. After this, soak the item in cold water for 30 minutes at least. Inspect the item for stains, and if there are more stains you can lather them and soak them again. After the stain is gone launder the item as usual. You can also air-dry the clothing item to make sure that the stain is gone.
Carpets and upholstery: After scraping away the loose chocolate, use 2 cups of lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap. You may use a soft cloth or a soft-bristle brush to gently apply the mixture to the stains. Dab the stained area rather than rubbing it for preventing the chocolate staining. Blot the stains by using a dry cloth or paper towels. Keep on applying the soapy water and then blotting it dry by using cloth until the stains are no longer visible.
Hard candies and lollipops
In many cases, the half-consumed hard candies and peppermints, manage to find their ways to the ground. This may happen in the case of the car flooring or the living room carpets. The real problem while cleaning this sticky mess is that it can become a worse problem if someone steps onto it unknowingly and grinds the material into the fiber. Follow this procedure for removing hard candies.
Spray the plain water on the candy stain for dissolving the bonded sugar. If you do not have a spray bottle you may dab the candy by using a wet cloth. Use a butter knife or a spoon for scraping off the candy. It might take some time for the water to dissolve the sugar from the stain. Now, apply the stain remover for eliminating the leftover candy dyes or residues. You can use enzyme cleaners, store-purchased carpet cleaners, or distilled white vinegar if you do not have any stain removers.
Now, blot the stained area by using a dry and clean cloth for lifting the stain. After the stain has been removed, wash away the carpet cleaner by dabbing the stained area with a damp and clean cloth. Any remaining excess moisture can also be removed by blotting the area again by using a dry cloth. Then allow this cleaned area to dry.
If you are overwhelmed with household cleaning tasks do not worry about it. If you reside in the Clearwater, FL area you may contact the professionals available at European Maids Cleaning for an appointment to inspect the dirty area. These professional home cleaning services will give you back the free time that can be enjoyed elsewhere.
Picture Credit: Freepik