June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Tag Archives: House Cleaning
Deep Cleaning Your New Home Before Moving In
It doesn’t matter whether you are buying or renting a new home. The pre-move-in cleaning is a necessity. The people that lived in the place before you would have left some grime, dirt, and dust, no matter how well-intentioned they were. Home cleaning before moving in is a perfect way of starting a new life. This is because there is no need to work around boxes and furniture items. There are several steps involved in providing proper home cleaning. Here are some of the tips to get you going.
1. Clean high before low: Keep in mind that dust is not always present on the floors and countertops. It is hanging there on overhead lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, shelves, and other features near the ceiling. These items are as prone to grime, and they are not cleaned many times. When you do get around to cleaning them, they will sprinkle dust and dirt below them. As cleaning these high-up areas will lead to the one below getting some filth, you need to start right at the top in every room and then work your way down.
2. Bathroom cleaning: Cleaning the bathrooms is as much about disinfecting the area as it is about getting spotless surfaces. A sponge and dish soap are all you will need for the initial scrub-down. Then you may follow this up with an antibacterial spray to get rid of all the lingering germs. It is a good idea to replace the toilet seats during home cleaning. Never forget the unexpected areas that may be skipped during a normal bathroom cleaning. Apart from the usual areas, also remember to clean light switches, toilet paper holders, door handles, and faucets.
3. Clean the fridge and rest of the kitchen: If you are performing the home cleaning after a move, get to the fridge first. You might be able to put off a few things during home cleaning, but a storage place for perishable items is not one of them. Sanitize the fridge and remove all the drawers and shelves to clean them individually. After cleaning the fridge, go to the remaining kitchen. Start with lighting fixtures, corners, and cabinet tops. Go to the appliances next, such as the oven, dishwasher, sink, microwave, and stovetop.
4. Flooring: After you have started your home cleaning at the top, you need to end it with the bottom. For the tile, linoleum, and wood floors, you need to use the vacuum attachment to clean the edges and corners. After this, sweep all the debris collected. Never vacuum everything unless the machine is specially designed for doing it. Finish all this by mopping the surface.
There are many steps involved in home cleaning before a move-in. However, you can get your place to appear new and shiny within a day or so by using some elbow grease. If you can get some helping hands, it will be great. Unless you are moving into a brand-new construction, there is always some home cleaning work you need to undertake. You can take help from Finest European Maids for this if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Posted in Bathroom Cleaning, Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Finest European Maids, Floor Cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Kitchen, Residential Cleaning, Tips Tagged Cleaning, Cleaning And Disinfecting, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Deep clean house before moving in, Deep clean new house, Deep cleaning new house checklist, floor cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Move-in House Cleaning, Move-in House Cleaning Checklist, New house cleaning services, pre-move-in cleaning, Professional cleaning before moving in Leave a comment
Reasons For Using A Cleaning Service Bi-weekly
Life can be pretty busy, and living in an untidy atmosphere can result in a lot of stress for homeowners. It is not only distracting but can also be unsightly and uncomfortable. Apart from that, this mess can leave everybody in the home vulnerable to different sickness-causing bacteria, viruses, parasites, and organisms that exist in such a home. Due to these reasons, several people go for professional cleaning services and use them for sanitizing their properties without putting in too much effort. Using a professional cleaning service bi-weekly is a popular option for several homeowners. Let’s look at some of the reasons for this.
1. It needs less upkeep than your normal monthly cleaning: It is pretty convenient to use the cleaning service monthly. However, this involves more upkeep. As the pros come just once each month, the homeowners are required to do the housekeeping in between. Otherwise, you will have a build-up of microbes, grime, and dust. It can be extremely stressful to have these problems when you have children and pets in the house. Mess tends to pile up quickly in your home in this scenario. A bi-weekly home cleaning service will prevent the mess and dirt from piling up every month. The owners can rest assured that their property is getting cleaned throughout the month and will appear fresh every couple of weeks.
2. It will fit your lifestyle much better: Even though the weekly cleaning services are good at maintaining a house safe and sanitized every week, they are unlikely to fit the lifestyles of everybody. Several homeowners will not have the budget or time to have pros visiting each week. Many homes just need some freshening up every couple of weeks. This bi-weekly interval will allow some leeway to the homeowner and maintain the home tidy as well. It is a great middle ground between monthly and weekly cleaning in terms of both budget and time.
3. You are getting a personal cleaning service: Every house is unique and has different requirements. Several cleaning pros can give you personalized cleaning options depending on what is required by you. You may ask them to tidy up some of your rooms and leave the rest of them alone. You may also inform them about what is required in terms of cleaning in other areas of the property. These pros will then develop a special plan for making their sanitization efforts more coordinated and effective.
You need to keep in mind that life these days is unbelievably fast-paced, and everybody does not have sufficient time and energy to sanitize their homes. But you can hire help from professional cleaning services to make sure that your house is attractive, fresh, and secure. The bi-weekly cleaning schedule allows you to clean the house in a way that will fit both your budget and lifestyle. In case you are looking for a professional cleaning service in Clearwater, FL area Finest European Maids will have you covered. They can help you with your Airbnb or your home, and/or both.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Posted in Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Tips, Finest European Maids, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Tips Tagged Bi weekly cleaning meaning, bi weekly cleaning service, Bi weekly house cleaning, biweekly cleaning service, Cleaning, cleaning tips, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Finest European Maids, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, professional bi weekly cleaning, Regular Home Cleaning, Tips Leave a comment
Cleaning A Couch During Your House Cleaning
Everybody loves being a couch potato; however, it is not funny to lounge on a dirty piece of furniture. After a while, spilled soda, crumbs, dirt, pet hair, and oil from your hands and feet get collected onto the couch. This makes the couch appear dingy. But do not worry. In this article, we will look at some ways of cleaning the couch so that it is ready for use while watching binge. You can watch the entire season of your favorite TV show from the rejuvenated sofa. It doesn’t matter whether you have tough stains or crumbs; the cleaning tips will make the sofa look as good as new.
1. Vacuum the couch: You can use a hand vacuum or the brush attachment of your vacuum to clean the dirt and debris from the surface of the sofa. Ensure that you are cleaning the different crevices that have pet hair, dirt accumulates, and food crumbs. In case the cushions are not attached to the sofa, you can remove them and vacuum either side.
2. Clean the metal or wooden areas: Wipe out the sofa feet and similar other non-fabric components of your sofa by using solutions of liquid dish soap and warm water. Locate the tags on the couch to read all the instructions carefully for learning the ways of cleaning the upholstery. WS means you need to use a mild detergent together with a steam vacuum or use a dry-cleaning detergent. X means you need to just use a vacuum and no water. S means you need to use a dry cleaner detergent only. W means you may use water for cleaning it.
3. Remove all the stains: Being aware of the ways of cleaning the couch means being aware of ways of removing stains. You may use commercial cleaners or use your cleaners made from natural ingredients you use in the kitchen. Homemade cleaners are kinder to the earth, and they are also cheaper. Here are different ways of cleaning the sofa according to fabric type.
Fabric upholstery: Mix 3/4 warm water with 1/4 cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of dish soap. Add a spray bottle. First, mist the soiled area, and then scrub it using a soft cloth till the stain goes away. You need to use a second piece of cloth which is moistened with clean water, to remove the soap. Dry the fabric with towels.
Leather upholstery: you need to mix 1/4 cup vinegar together with 1/2 cup olive oil and place the mixture within a spray bottle. Spray the cleaner over the couch surface and use a soft cloth to buff the surface.
Synthetic upholstery: Mix a cup of warm water with 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon of dish soap inside a spray bottle. Mist your soiled area and scrub it with a soft cloth till the stains are gone.
After cleaning a couch, allow it to dry. You may even consider pointing a box fan at the sofa for quicker drying. If you wish to clean a couch during your house cleaning, you can use the services of professionals such as Finest European Maids if you live in Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Posted in Bedroom Cleaning, Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Service Tampa, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Finest European Maids, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Maid Service, Tips Tagged clean a dirty couch, clean sofa at home, clean the sofa, Cleaning a Couch, Cleaning products, cleaning tips, Clearwater cleaning services, deep clean a couch, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, professionals clean couches, Tips, vacuum cleaner, Vacuum the couch Leave a comment
House Cleaning And Sanitization After A Cold Or Flu
If you or someone in your house has been sick with flu or cold, it is a good idea to kill the germ build-up in the house. You need to perform home cleaning to prevent the spread of these germs. After your days of sneezing, coughing, wheezing, and sniffling are behind you, it is time to clean and sanitize the bedrooms and the house. Let’s go through a checklist for disinfecting the harder surfaces and sanitizing the laundry items for a complete house cleaning.
1. Remove all the linen from the beds: You need to wash all the blankets, mattress covers, and sheets in the hottest possible water that is recommended on the care labels of the linen. In case your washer comes with a sanitization cycle, you can use it for this purpose. You are going to need a detergent for removing the stains, odors, and most of the viruses and bacteria while using it as instructed.
2. Wash the stuffed animals and pillows: There is a possibility of germ build-up in pillows and plushies. Launder all the removable pillowcases and wash away all the machine-washable stuffies and pillows. Keep in mind to read the instructions before you wash for good care. You can surface clean the pillows and other such items that cannot be cleaned in a washer.
3. Wipe all the harder surfaces: Do not forget the door handles, bedframes, and other non-porous and hard surfaces in your room. You can use disinfectants to remove everyday stains and kill most of the viruses and bacteria, including the ones that cause coronavirus.
4. Vacuum the floors thoroughly and perform deep cleaning: You can use a home sanitizer for this purpose as directed. You can disinfect the tiles and spot-sanitize the carpets. Take into account the possibility of renting a steam machine or getting a carpet cleaner. This is a good time to perform the annual deep cleaning.
5. Sanitize the upholstered headboards and mattresses: After you have removed the mattress covers and linen, you can spot-sanitize the mattresses by using a proper sanitizer. You can follow the instructions mentioned in the package.
6. Disinfect all the areas frequently touched: You need to look around the room for all those areas that are touched often, such as door knobs, switch plates, lamps, and furniture handles. You can follow the label directions for disinfecting by using a disinfectant.
7. Disinfect the metal/plastic toys and other non-porous surfaces: Playhouses, building bricks, dolls, trucks, and other kinds of toys require a full cleaning and disinfecting after somebody has been sick. You need to use a multi-purpose disinfectant for this purpose to remove grime, dirt, viruses, and bacteria.
8. Clean all the window coverings, such as curtains and blinds: When you have been sick with a cold or flu, you need to clean the blind slats. You should not wait for spring to clean them. Just take down the curtains and wash them properly. You need to take a sanitizer and use it as instructed, together with hot water, to remove all the germs. The use of hot water should be as instructed on the label.
This season of cold and flu means there is a germ build-up everywhere. You need to perform regular home cleaning by being aware of where these germs are hidden and how you can clean and disinfect the house after the sickness. It doesn’t matter whether or not you have some remnants of sneezes and sniffles left on your sleeves and surfaces; you can get products that will help you in performing home cleaning to remove all the odors, stains, viruses, and bacteria if utilized, as directed. If you reside in Clearwater, FL area and need to perform house cleaning after sickness, get in touch with Finest European Maids for professional cleaning.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Posted in Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Service Tampa, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Finest European Maids, Floor Cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Maid Service, Tips Tagged Cleaning, Cleaning And Disinfecting, Cleaning products, cleaning tips, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Disinfecting, Flu, Flu cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, How to disinfect house after cold Leave a comment
Fall Cleaning Tips! Get A Jump Start This Season!
As it is fall, everyone will be keen to get started with fall cleaning for the season. Although this might appear to be a contrast in terms, think about it. You can take a vacation in the warm summer months. It means taking a vacation away from the household, and you get to spend a lot of time outdoors. But grime and dirt do not take a vacation, although you are enjoying the time outdoors. They will keep on adding and multiplying. With the winter months and the holiday season rushing in, it is a great time to start with fall cleaning. Here are some cleaning tips.
Take stock initially
Before you have started the cleaning, take inventory of all your cleaning supplies available. Ensure that you have all the products you require for the different surfaces you wish to clean. Check the info on the labels to ensure that you are using them correctly. When you are cleaning, pay attention to the places where these products are stored. You might decide that fall cleaning will be more effective if you could set aside the sets of supplies in various parts of the house. You can consider having a set for every room and an extra set in the master bedroom. Make sure that these items are stored where pets and children cannot reach them.
Extend the usual reach
You need to go beyond your regular vacuuming, dusting, and mopping for fall cleaning. Look up and remove all the cobwebs that have accumulated on the corners and around ceiling fans and light fixtures. If required, you can consider investing in telescoping extension poles that will allow you to adjust them to the required length needed for dusting these high-up areas. Move your furniture suitably to send all those dust bunnies scurrying for escape. Make sure that you have wiped out the baseboards.
Clean the refrigerator
Check the refrigerator contents for their expiry dates. Discard all those things that have overstayed in the fridge. Remove and clean all the shelves. Ensure that you are working on one shelf at a time to make sure that food doesn’t have to wait at room temperature. After the refrigerator insides are clean, go for the outside. Lint and dust build-up can decrease the cooling performance of your fridge. Take away the grill and vacuum all the coils, or you can clean them by using a long handle brush.
After you have finished your fall cleaning, launder all the washables, such as mattress covers, bed skirts, blankets, slipovers, throws, and pillows. Turn your mattresses to vacuum them properly. Also, take a close look at the upholstery. Take away the cushions to vacuum them thoroughly. You can use crevice tools for reaching the tough areas. Also, ensure that you have checked the carpet for stains and spots. These things might need deep cleaning. If you need professionals for fall cleaning in the Clearwater, FL, area, reach out to Finest European Maids for expert help.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Posted in Carpet Cleaning, Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Residential Cleaning, Tips Tagged Cleaning, cleaning tips, Cleaning tips for fall, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, fall cleaning, Fall cleaning hack, Fall Cleaning Tips, Fall house cleaning, House Cleaning, Regular Home Cleaning, Tips, vacuum cleaner Leave a comment
Things You Are Cleaning Too Much Or Not Enough During House Cleaning
So, how often should you perform house cleaning? The answer is every day. This might contradict the article’s title, but there are some tasks you need to do every day to maintain the house functional and neat. In case your bed is unkept, you cannot wait for the laundry day to get the sheets in order. Sometimes the kitchen flooring is getting cluttered with crumbs, and you cannot wait for the stipulated day for sweeping it clean. This apart, this house cleaning varies from homeowner to homeowner.
Things you are cleaning too much
Let’s look at the things you are probably cleaning too much.
Wooden furniture: If the wood polish is used too much, it can cause damage to the finishing. Apart from that, the wax-based wooden polish can cause oily buildup that will trap even more dirt and dust. Once a month cleaning is a good idea by using furniture polish. You can otherwise use light dusting every other week.
Windows: Windows has to be cleaned once or twice every year. You may spot-clean them as required, but overcleaning can cause streaking and buildup of dirt. It is a good idea to use a power washer or hot water for cleaning from the outside.
Carpets and rugs: Your carpets need professional cleaning with steam cleaning at least once each year. You may try it yourself, but you cannot drench the fibers as it can lead to mold and mildew growth below the surface. You can just vacuum the rugs and carpets every week to collect crumbs and treat the spots and stains.
Fixtures: Lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, and other mounted accessories have to be cleaned once every month by using a microfiber cloth. Warm water can be used for cleaning glass fixtures to wipe off the caked-on dust and grime that might get accumulated. But you need to stay on top of the dusting each month.
Things you are not cleaning enough
You need to concentrate more on the things that need everyday cleaning or weekly cleaning.
Microwave: You need to wipe down the microwave at least once every week. Caked-on food crumbs can lead to overheating, and they can damage the microwave if they are not addressed immediately. Use hot water and a microfiber cloth to wipe it down. You can clean the splashes, and spot cleaning can also be done in between
Bathroom surfaces: Similar to your countertops, showers, flooring, toilets, and bathroom surfaces have to be wiped down each day to prevent the growth of bacteria. Make it a habit to wipe down the shower after each use. If you leave water in the tub, it leads to mold and mildew.
Kitchen countertops and sink: Your sink and kitchen countertops have to be cleaned daily. Bacteria thrive in the wet areas of the house. Therefore, places such as the kitchen and bathroom have to be wiped clean and properly sanitized for preventing them from spreading to other surfaces in the house.
Dishwasher: The inner area of the dishwasher can collect food particles, soap scum, and grease that can clog the dishwasher drain. In case you leave the food sitting in there for a long time, it can get odorous or can get lodged in the clean dishes during a cycle.
Performing house cleaning can appear overwhelming if you plan to do it every day or once a week. However, if you can stay on top of the cleaning, you can save many hours on the weekends. The good news is that you can hire professionals for house cleaning. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with Finest European Maids to schedule a cleaning today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Posted in Bathroom Cleaning, Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Finest European Maids, Floor Cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Maid Service Tampa, Residential Cleaning, Tips, Windows Cleaning Tagged Cleaning, Cleaning mistakes, cleaning tips, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Finest European Maids, floor cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, House cleaning for beginners, Kitchen Cleaning Tips, Regular Home Cleaning, Things you forget to clean, Tips, Washing Machine Leave a comment
Safe Computer Cleaning During Your Home Cleaning
Having dust in the house is not just an unattractive proposition, but it can also damage the parts of your PC.
You will have to perform regular computer cleaning to maintain it in good condition and avoid expensive and undesirable repairs.
You need to clean the casing and monitor the sides as well to avoid the build-up of dust. Dust is the number one enemy of your PC. You may use an anti-static cloth for dusting off the casing but keep away from furniture cleaners and strong solvents for the purpose.
Dust, food, and other similar particles tend to get stuck below the keys of your PC. This eventually leads to the computer not working properly. Let’s look at some fundamental tips for helping you keep the keyboard clean.
Unplug the PC from the USB ports and PS2. Shut it down before unplugging them. Your keyboard will have to be turned upside down to remove all the dirt and dust. You may use compressed air to clean between all those keyboard keys. After this, you can utilize a cleaning cloth with alcohol or a paper towel to clean your keytops. Remember not to pour any type of liquid over the keys. After it is dry, you may reconnect the keyboard to your PC.
Several things, such as dirt, fingerprints, and dust, can cause the computer screen impossible to decipher. However, it is not too difficult to clean the computer monitor whenever required. You may get certain monitor cleaning kits from the market. However, remember to utilize the proper cleaner depending on the screen surface. One of the better ways of doing this is with a clean and soft cloth and water.
Keep in mind not to use a glass cleaner for monitor cleaning. Many screens come with an anti-glare coating, and this can get damaged by using glass cleaners. Turn off your pc and also unplug it from the mains. You can use a clean and soft moistened cloth to wipe the screen clean. Never spray any liquid on the monitor because it is likely to leak within the monitor and damage the inner parts of the PC.
Deal with the spills
If there is a spill of some liquid over the keyboard, you need to shut down the PC immediately and also disconnect it from the keyboard. After this, move the keyboard upside down to allow the liquid to drain completely. If the liquid is too sticky, you will have to hold it under running water to rinse it away. Now maintain the keyboard turned upside down for a couple of days before you can reconnect it. The keyboard will be beyond repair by this time; however, it is the most effective way of dealing with this issue. The best thing to do is keep all your drinks away from the area where your PC is located.
Never try to restrict the airflow near the PC. With the computer generating a lot of heat, the casing comes with fans to prevent overheating. Avoid all stacks of paper, books, and other items close to the machine. In case you reside in Clearwater, FL area and you are looking to hire professionals for home cleaning together with computer cleaning, get in touch with Finest European Maids for expert help.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Is It Financially A Good Idea To Hire A Cleaning Service?
If you have ever wondered whether to hire a cleaning service, the answer is YES; you owe it to yourself. Who doesn’t want a person or a group of people to come in and clean the apartment or home? However, these cleaning services are not cheap. You will have to pay anything between $100 to $200 for your biweekly cleaning. Although this depends on the number of rooms, you are trying to have cleaned by the cleaning company. Is it worth all the money? Here are some reasons.
1. It will reduce the stress developed by the family: It is possible that your spouse is a freak for cleanliness and complains about your slovenly ways all the time. Possibly your in-laws visit your place often, and you have to hear some catty remarks about the condition of your house. There are people out there that hire cleaning services for family reasons. If your parents are visiting, it might be a good idea to spend the money on cleaning to keep up with their standards. It allows you not to touch things you don’t wish to.
2. It reduces self-induced stress: Maybe the family is not giving you grief about the house being unclean and messy, but you are still beating yourself up. There is some science behind the connection between cleaning and decreased anxiety. Washing dishes, mopping floors, and ironing can be calming, primarily when conducted mindfully.
3. Some people hate cleaning: Not many people will opt for vacuuming instead of going to the beach. However, there are people out there that enjoy some tasks such as folding laundry while watching Netflix. However, others cannot fool themselves into thinking that cleaning is anything else than a grind. Most people hate housework. Although some people don’t mind keeping it neat, doing detailed work and scrubbing can take a long time. Many people are also not too good at it.
4. You can lose money: Some people may have heard about opportunity costs when hiring a professional cleaner rather than doing things yourself. You need to compare your hourly rate at work and the cost of hiring a pro for house cleaning. If you earn $100 per hour and it takes 5 hours to clean the home, in a sense, you are spending $500 on cleaning. You can spend $130 to get professionals to do the same work in a couple of hours or do an even better job in many cases. But if you earn just $10 per hour, and it takes five hours for cleaning, you are spending just $50.
There are some reasons why the work of a cleaning service is undermined and makes it less cost-effective. For example, an aggressive dog may chase the cleaning crew around your home. For this problem, consider bringing in the pros on a grooming day. You should keep the cleaning service pros informed about your priorities and the pet peeves you may have. If you do not wish for any water to be used on your floors, tell them about it.
Another question is, how do you feel about spending money to decide whether a cleaning service was worth the amount spent? For the people living in Clearwater, FL area, a terrific alternative is available in Finest European Maid to perform house cleaning.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
Posted in Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Tips, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Residential Cleaning, Tips Tagged biweekly cleaning service, Cleaning, cleaning tips, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Hiring a Cleaning Service, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Regular Home Cleaning, Tips Leave a comment
Home Cleaning Tips For Allergy Sufferers
In case you are suffering from some seasonal allergies and yet think that home cleaning is for birds, you need to read this article. It is estimated that more than 50 million U.S. citizens suffer from some kind of allergy. This figure is estimated by the American Asthma and Allergy Foundation. Many of these allergies are seasonal pollen allergies. If you are one of them, you will have to perform diligent home cleaning to ease the symptoms and avoid all the triggers. Allergens and dust particles tend to get collected in rugs, carpets, upholstery, and beddings.
Home cleaning tips for reducing allergy triggers
There are many benefits associated with home cleaning. But, a single annual spring cleaning will not be sufficient. You will have to perform home cleaning every week. It will allow you to get rid of the triggers that cause allergies and help you in relieving the allergy symptoms. Here are some home cleaning tips for reducing allergy triggers.
1. Hire home cleaning services: If you are suffering from severe allergies, it will be a good idea to think about hiring somebody to clean your home. You can also enlist some of your family members for help. However, when you are cleaning your house on your own, you need to be specific. For instance, utilize a mop and a damp cloth so that these allergens are trapped instead of floating around in the air. It would be best if you stayed away from cleaning products that have strong fragrances. Avoid shampooing the rugs and carpets by using heavily scented cleaners. They can aggravate the allergies rather than help them.
2. Pay attention to details: It is always a good idea to wear masks while you are cleaning. This is because home cleaning can kick up the allergens initially. This makes the allergy symptoms worse during and after the cleaning. Pay close attention to the various surfaces that attract allergens and dust. Look for the areas that have the potential for mold. Similarly, you can purge the basement and closets with books and clothing. Offset the bed with dust-mite-proof covers for pillows, mattresses, and box springs to get rid of dust mites from your home. It is a good idea to wash the sheets in hot water weekly for killing the dust mites.
3. Keep all the dander and dust under control: One of the more effective ways of combating spring allergies in the house is by keeping the dust away. Make sure that all the surfaces are clutter-free and clear. If you go over the different surfaces by using a microfiber cloth, it will do the trick. Keep in mind to wash away the pet beds. Brush the pets regularly to minimize dander within the house. You also vacuum the house every week or even twice a week, if possible, in case you are a chronic sufferer of spring allergies.
4. Clean and replace the vacuum filter regularly: Apart from cleaning and replacing the vacuum filter, you will have to ensure that your vacuum also has a HEPA filter. Almost all the normal filters will allow the small allergens to slip in. This means they will be sent right back in the air.
It is a good idea to stop the pollen from entering the house in the first place. With the spring just around the corner, you need to be ready to clean patios and decks. Try and keep these areas and entryways clean by sweeping. This will keep the pollen and dust to a minimum within the house. If you are looking for professional help in Clearwater, FL area, contact Finest European Maids. Even though it is tempting to try and get some fresh air, keep your doors and windows closed, especially when you have allergies.
Picture Credit: Crello
Posted in Cleaning Products, Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Green cleaning, Home Cleaning, Tips Tagged Allergy cleaning service, Allergy Tips For Home Cleaning, cleaning tips, Cleaning Tips for Allergy Sufferers, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Dust allergy treatment, Green Cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Tips Leave a comment
Removing Grease During Home Cleaning
Many people these days spend a lot of time in their kitchens. You might have always enjoyed cooking or possibly you are loving a newfound hobby. It doesn’t matter what the reason is, one thing is certain, no one really likes one of the byproducts of home cooking-grease. It is easily one of the more stubborn soils and is extremely difficult to remove. To combat this domestic problem there is a selection of products available that can be employed during home cleaning. There is a range of products available from gentle green cleaners to dish soap and water. Let’s look at some steps to tackle or prevent grease formation in the house.
1. Wipe your stovetop clean after every use: This is definitely your best bet when you are battling against grease formation. Make this routine a part of your cleaning up process after your meals. This will ensure that there are no chances of grease building up.
2. Dish soap is quite effective for removing grease: This product is formulated for removing greasy food residues from your dishes. It can work well for the same task during home cleaning over the microwave or stovetop.
3. Citrus oils are useful for breaking down the grease: If you can add orange essential oils to the dish soap and water, it will not only smell great but can make your home cleaning a bit simpler as well.
4. For the more recent spills of grease, use flour on it: Sprinkling flour over the grease spill will help in cleaning the mess. Although this might seem to be counterintuitive (Wouldn’t it make a further mess?) but the truth is that the flour absorbs the grease. This makes it simpler to find and wipe the grease.
5. Use baking soda and water: Using baking soda with water is helpful in removing grease from all the pots and pans. Keep in mind that baking soda is alkaline. It means it is pretty effective for breaking down the grease during home cleaning. Pour a bit of water and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in a warm pan after you have finished using it for cooking. You can also use some soda water for this purpose. After soaking for a while, you will find that grease cleaning is a lot easier.
6. Using salt and rubbing alcohol for removing grease from the fabric: This method is extremely useful for fabrics that cannot be washed by using a washing machine. Some of them include couches and rugs. You need to mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol together with 1 part of salt and there you go. You need to use a clean piece of cloth for scrubbing the mixture inside the stain. You will have to scrub hard. After the grease stain is removed you must allow the spot to dry. After this, you can use the vacuum for cleaning up the remaining salt.
7. Performing your clean and simple home cleaning: You need to periodically perform home cleaning. This is the best method for keeping the grease away all the time.
Using different products for grease cleaning
Dish soap with warm water together makes for an extremely effective combination for tackling grease stains from your house. If you have tougher grease stains the technicians can spray the surface with degreasers. Then they will work on other aspects of home cleaning. The degreaser will work on breaking down all the grease. If you are entering the house for the first time there may be grease build-up in some areas. The cleaners will have the requisite tools for this problem as well. There is a Formula 409 cleaner available for breaking down the heavy grease. You can use the Easy-Off oven cleaner for grease build-up having taken place over the years.
Keep in mind that the best way of dealing with grease formation is to prevent it from getting worse. But you will need help from professional home cleaning teams for this. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids for this problem. They will make a quick work of these grease stains in your home and allow you to concentrate more on cooking. Using a cleaning service is necessary for all the busy families. So, get in touch with pros for your home cleaning and grease cleaning needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Posted in Cleaning Products, Cleaning Service, Cleaning Service Clearwater, Cleaning Service Tampa, Cleaning Tips, Clearwater, Green cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, Kitchen, Maid Service Tampa, Residential Cleaning, Tips Tagged baking soda, Cleaning, Cleaning And Disinfecting, Cleaning products, cleaning tips, Clearwater, Clearwater cleaning services, Green Cleaning, Home Cleaning, House Cleaning, How To Remove Grease Stains, Kitchen Cleaning Tips, Tips Leave a comment