July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Tag Archives: Home Cleaning
Although most people who are good at home cleaning are also quite capable of fridge cleanouts, it is easy to forget about the freezer. Although just the thought of freezer cleanout may bring a groan to many faces, it is not as difficult as it used to be. Due to the quantity of frost build-up, the freezer cleaning had developed a bad reputation. However, in modern refrigerators, you will not encounter this issue which means that you can finish cleaning the freezer within 30 minutes.
What you will need
Keep in mind that these instructions are for cleaning the freezer of your refrigerator. In case you have a deep freezer you will have to talk to the manufacturer or read instructions on the manual for cleaning. For cleaning the freezer you will need,
- A large cooler
- Distilled white vinegar
- A spray bottle
- An old toothbrush
- Hot water
- Microfiber cloths
1. Take out all the food items from the freezer and put them in the cooler with ice. Remember to check the expiry dates of various food items in the process. Remove all the food items that are past the expiry date.
2. Unplug the refrigerator for safety. Do not worry about the food items as they will stay cold for 4 hours without power inside the refrigerator according to the FDA. However, ensure that people are not moving in and out of the fridge while you are working.
3. Combine equal portions of hot water and vinegar inside the spray bottle. This will be the cleaning solution for the freezer.
4. Spray the mixture generously in the freezer and wipe away the solution by using the dry microfiber cloth. You may repeat the step a few times for getting a clean freezer.
5. If there are stubborn patches you can use the toothbrush with hot water to scrub clean the area and wipe away the residue by using the microfiber cloth.
6. Dry the freezer inside by using the microfiber cloth ensuring that there is no liquid lying behind.
7. Wash out the drawers of the freezer, ice trays, and bins.
8. Plug back the freezer and also replace the food items you removed earlier. In case the ice from the cooler has begun to melt, wipe away the liquid from the food items and return them to the freezer.
One of the biggest annoyance several people feel when they open the freezer is not finding what they are looking for to eat. Due to this, it is a good idea to properly organize the food items inside the freezer while replacing them after cleaning by using a system that works out for you.
If you are looking for high-quality home cleaning professionals in Clearwater, contact European Maids. They can complete the home cleaning for you efficiently and beneficially. This is particularly useful if you have allergies that flare up during the cleaning.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
Cleanliness is the key to health. And therefore, armed with jars, bottles and various brushes, we proceed to clean the apartment. Wet cleaning in the house will save households, and especially babies, of the harmful effects of the smallest particles contained in the air that enter the human body during inspiration.
It is difficult to overestimate wet cleaning, since it is clear to any mom that the child should breathe clean fresh air, and not dust. Just walking a broom in the corners, you will not achieve cleanliness in the apartment. And we must not forget that an excessive amount of dust in the room can lead to dangerous pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases, to the development of asthma or allergies.
In an apartment where a very small infant grows, it is necessary to carry out a full wet cleaning of the room at least twice a week. In addition, every day you need to wipe all surfaces in the apartment with a damp cloth to remove accumulated dust. When the baby turns one year old, it will be possible to reduce the number of wet cleanings to 4-5 per month.
Preparing for Wet Cleaning
So that cleaning the apartment does not take you much time, you need to properly prepare for it. For wet house cleaning you will need different sizes of microfiber cloths, cleaning products, a mop, a washing vacuum cleaner, a large bucket for mopping the floor, a small basin for washing various surfaces (shelves, window sills, tables). When cleaning the room, immediately bring everything you need. Running back and forth for every little thing means spending extra time and effort.
Top to Bottom, Left to Right
Wet cleaning should be carried out starting from the upper shelves, mezzanines and cabinets, gradually moving down. If you plan to wash windows – start with them. Then wipe the windowsill and radiator, all the shelves, cabinets, drawers, mirrors, shades. Wash floors last.
Do not save on the purchase of good napkins and brooms for dust removal, they will do the job well and will serve you for more than one month. Computer stores sell pretty expensive, but wear-resistant wipes to wipe the monitor. They are the best suited for washing mirrors and windows. You will be pleasantly surprised by the result!
And do not forget to rinse the rag more often, removing dust.
Wet Vacuum Cleaner
A washing vacuum cleaner will save you from having to carry water buckets and rub the floor with a rag. Modern washing vacuum cleaners allow you to clean almost any surface in the house from dust and dirt: laminate flooring, natural wood floors, tile, carpet, woolen carpets, furniture. A variety of brushes included in the kit will allow you to penetrate the most inaccessible corners of the apartment. Brushes are made taking into account features of various surfaces. Using a washing vacuum cleaner reduces the wet cleaning time of the house by two, or even three times.
If you have not yet acquired a washing vacuum cleaner, special cleaners and an ordinary, well-absorbing sponge will help remove dust and dirt from furniture upholstery and carpets. Follow the instructions on the package exactly and everything will work out. True, such a wet cleaning of woven surfaces will take quite a lot of time and effort.
An important point: if the house is not warm enough, do not venture to wet the carpet or furniture. Dampness, which can be formed due to the fact that the carpet dries for too long, is much more dangerous than dust. In the folds of furniture or deep in the pile of the carpet, mold can form, which is dangerous for the baby! Mold releases toxins into the atmosphere, which literally poison the human body, causing headaches, nausea and dizziness. Furniture and carpets should be completely dry during the day after wet cleaning.
Wet house cleaning is a time-consuming task even for an experienced housewife. And when a baby grows up in a family, it is all the more difficult to devote a proper amount of time and energy to this important part of life. Try to attract household members to the cleaning, because a husband or an older child may well wipe the dust.
If you are unlimited in funds, you can use the services of professionals by ordering through the Internet a wet cleaning of the apartment at a convenient time for you.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
It can be stated with complete confidence that in every kitchen there will be some object made of stainless steel. And this is not surprising. Such material is convenient, practical, durable and has an attractive appearance. Unfortunately, with improper use, and simply with time, even stainless steel loses its presentation. But cleaning such dishes can be a real test.
It is important to regularly clean the pots and pans and know how to clean particularly corrosive stains. Especially for you, we have found some useful tips, with the help of which stainless steel will preserve a pleasant look for much longer.
Why it is important to clean stainless steel dishes
Stainless steel is sufficiently resistant to heat, corrosion, stains. It contains chromium, which, when interacting with oxygen in the air, creates a protective film. Such protection prevents rust and hard-to-remove stains.
If the steel surface is covered with grease or dirt, this reaction may not occur. Consequently, steel becomes vulnerable and may be subject to corrosion or wear. Thus, the dishes lose all their useful properties and beautiful appearance.
General recommendations for cleaning dishes
- Stainless steel dishes should be cleaned regularly. Only proper care will extend its life.
- After each use, clean the dishes with detergent and water – this prevents the appearance of stains and dried food pieces.
- Do not use the dishwasher, and wash the stainless steel dishes with your hands, even if it is provided for in the operating instructions. Do this in warm water using a soft sponge and dishwashing detergent.
- After washing, wipe the dishes dry with a clean towel. Leaving the dishes to dry in the open air, you risk planting new spots.
- Do not use abrasives, hard sponges or metal scourers to clean stainless steel dishes, otherwise you will scratch the surface.
- The surface should be wiped with dotted, not circular movements. So it will be as clean and smooth as possible.
- Pay special attention to stains that may remain from the water. The reason for their appearance is not the water itself, but the minerals included in its composition. That is why it is better to wipe the dishes by hand.
- To give the dishes a glossy shine, use raw potatoes. It is necessary to cut it in half and wipe the pan with these slices.
- Cleaning stainless steel dishes with baking soda
The method of removing dirt on dishes using soda is considered one of the most simple and effective. And indeed, baking soda is always at hand. Especially good soda to remove greasy stains. How to clean pans or other dishes in this way? First of all, the dishes must be thoroughly washed. Then wipe dry and sprinkle copiously with soda on its surface. As a rule, half a glass of soda is enough for one item of kitchen utensils. Leave pots or pans for a couple of hours in this form. You can add a little water to the soda has acquired a pasty consistency. Then thoroughly wipe the dishes with a dry cloth or sponge.
- Cleaning with a special detergent for stainless steel dishes
Today, on the shelves of stores you can find many different tools that are designed specifically for washing dishes. In the case of stainless steel utensils it is strongly recommended to give preference to products with a mild composition. Such tools are designed specifically to remove difficult burned spots. Warm the pot in hot water and apply for 10-15 minutes. Then remove the dirt with a sponge, rinse dishes and wipe it dry.
In order to remove water stains and fingerprints from such dishes, you can use a glass cleaner. Spray the product evenly and wipe the surface of the dish with a microfiber cloth. After that, rinse with water and polish with a dry soft towel.
- Cleaning Stainless Steel Utensils with Vinegar or Lemon Juice
Vinegar is also used to clean stainless steel products. It should be applied to a soft sponge and wipe the dishes. Then you need to rinse the dishes with water and wipe dry. With the help of vinegar, water stains are also well cleaned. Soak the pan in vinegar and leave for 10-15 minutes, then wash with detergent as usual.
An alternative to vinegar can serve as lemon juice. A glass of water requires one tablespoon of lemon juice. Wipe the resulting solution with pots, pans and stainless steel bowls, and then rinse under running water.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
A good home cleaning can help those that suffer from allergies. Many symptoms that are triggered by dust and dirt will be alleviated once the home has been thoroughly cleaned. If you or anyone in your family suffers from allergies, this article will provide you with the best allergy tips.
A great allergy tip offered by many home cleaning companies is to wear a mask when you clean. This is imperative to keep any allergens out of your lungs, especially if you are working with dust or other minuscule things that easily float into the air without the naked eye seeing it. Once you have cleaned the house well, treat yourself to some outdoor time. This will not only allow your lungs to get some fresh air but will also limit the number of allergens breathed in after cleaning.
First, you should plan on vacuuming one to two times per week. Your vacuum cleaner should have a HEPA filter on it. A HEPA filter will allow smaller particles to be caught so they do not sneak through the filter back into the air.
If your home is cluttered, you may wish to cut down on your belongings. Lots of picture frames and knick-knacks mean more to dust, while boxes of books or piles of clothes can easily hide dust mites and other allergens.
No one likes a dirty shower. But another good reason to scrub it on a regular basis is that mold can develop. And when mold develops, allergens can be released into the air. See about tossing your shower curtain into the washing machine if you are able to. If not, clean it in the tub and allow to dry.
Bedding, such as sheets and pillowcases, need to be washed weekly in hot water. The water should be at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will ensure that dust mites are killed. And if you have children, be sure to wash their stuffed animals weekly as well. Blankets and quilts that are used should also be washed on a regular schedule.
Our next allergy tip is hard for many but really does help. Instead of purchasing scented laundry soaps, buy ones that do not have any scent. Fragrances in these soaps can often trigger allergies. Unscented soaps will clean your clothing just as well. Once the clothes have been dry, toss them into the washing machine. If you or your family suffers from allergies, never hang your wash outside. Pollen and mold can often be found on clothing that was allowed to air dry outside.
If you are looking for a way to get a home that clean and will not trigger your allergies, but do not have the time to use our allergy tips, consider hiring a home cleaning company, such as European Maids. These companies will deep clean your home for you. Most of them will not only vacuum all floors, but dust and mop as well. It could also be very beneficial to hire a home cleaning company if you yourself have an allergy to dust.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
Dishwasher tablets do a dirty job, literally, when you do not see it. However, they not only help to bring the dishes to order. We write about the less common roles of dishwasher tablets.
Dishwasher tablets not only effectively wash dishes. They can also include eliminate dirt in the oven or restore the original color to white fabrics.
The dishwasher tablets of most of us are associated only with dishwashing. This is no discovery. One can discover, however, the unusual use of these tablets for other purposes. We provide where dishwasher tablets are still effective in our home and how useful they can be in everyday life.
Dishwasher tablet in the washing machine
If the white shirt collar has become unsightly, yellow, you can try to restore it to the previous color by putting a dishwasher tablet in the washing machine before washing. For she should whiten fabrics that have lost their color in this way, but also by dying.
By using a dishwasher tablet, you can also clean the inside of the washing machine. You need to put one or, preferably, two tablets into the drum and place the empty washing machine on the washing program. The center of the washing machine will be clean, there will be no stone, and a fresh smell will come out of the drum.
Dishwasher tablet in the fight against stains
It happens that stain remover or bleach are not effective in fighting stains on fabrics. You can then try the effectiveness of the dishwashing tablet in the dishwasher. For a stain (even from coffee or wine) you need to pour a little water and rub a tablet into it. After several minutes, rub the cloth once more and wash it normally. There should be no trace after the stain.
A dishwasher tablet in the sink
When fat, dried remnants and other types of dirt do not intend to disappear from the pan or pot under the influence of ordinary dishwashing liquid, pour warm water into the sink, put the tablet into the dishwasher and then place the dirty dishes in the water. The tablet will dissolve in water and it will be much easier to clean plates or bowls. If there is a sludge from tea, coffee or even from the water on the glasses, it will disappear just like the mentioned tablet.
Tablet for the cutlery dishwasher
If forks, knives, spoons and teaspoons have lost their shine, it is worth them to bring them back. You can use a special rinse aid for this purpose, and you can choose another way: use a dishwasher tablet. Fill the sink with warm water and throw a tablet into it. When it dissolves, you have to put the cutlery. A few minutes later, just wipe them with a sponge and dry them.
Dishwasher tablet in the oven
When the walls and bottom of the oven stick to the fat, the traditional washing liquid can not cope again. This is why, in this case, it is good to remember about the dishwasher tablet. You need to dissolve it in hot water and clean the oven with a rag or sponge in it. The tablet should solve the problem. However, wait at least an hour and then clean the oven completely. Similarly, you can wash burned sheets or cake rollers. In this case, however, it is worth first dissolving the tablet in hot water and leave it for about 2 hours.
A dishwasher tablet on the wall
The moment of our inattention and the toddler is already drawing on the wall in a room or other room. It is not always easy to remove traces of crayons or markers. It happens that paint also goes out with dirt. You can try to save the walls by reaching for a dishwashing tablet in the dishwasher. Dissolve it in a bowl of warm water and wipe the dirty surface with a damp sponge.
Dishwasher tablet in a trash bin
The fact that we put a sack in the kitchen, usually in the kitchen, put a waste in it, does not guarantee that the trash can be clean. You can see it after we remove the garbage bag. We can see stains, sometimes even mold, and a peculiar, bad smell. Warm or hot water will help clean the trash can. Pour water into the garbage can and dissolve the tablet in it. After at least a dozen or so minutes (preferably wait an hour), the water must be poured and the bucket rinsed. It will be clean and disinfected.
Dishwasher tablets in the toilet
When a sediment and stains appeared on the walls of the toilet bowl, they can be removed using a dishwasher tablet. You need to dissolve the tablet in the water in the shell and wait a few minutes, then brush the walls and the bottom with a brush, then rinse. It will be clean and disinfected.
Picture Credit: PhotoMIX-Company
House cleaning after repair is one of the most sought-after and popular services provided by a cleaning company. Today we will talk about whether cleaning after repair is so necessary and what it is.
Cleaning after repair is a complex multi-component service that surpasses even general cleaning at home in complexity. When the repairs are just finished on the premises, there are a lot of tasks for the cleaners on high-quality cleaning and dedusting. The most extensive such cleaning happens when the furniture has not been removed aside from the limits of the house and construction dust has fallen on it.
House cleaning after repair is necessary:
The apartment has building dust. Unfortunately, it is almost always there, which is especially detrimental to soft fabric furniture, curtains and curtains, carpets and carpets. In such cases, it is impossible to do without dusting, but it is extremely difficult and time-consuming to carry out manually.
If you want to move to a new house as quickly as possible. The cleaning of the house after the repair usually leaves a team of specialists with special tools and tools – they will induce cleanliness as quickly as possible. This is especially convenient if the living space is being prepared for change.
If you want to save time. Saving time and money is one of the main advantages. You save time, which can be used to solve important tasks, at the same time, the cleaning service will do all the work much faster and more thoroughly. If you count the costs of cleaning products, equipment, and the like, it turns out that applying to a professional form is much more economical.
If you are not a fan of house cleaning. Cleaning after repair is not an ordinary cleaning where it is sometimes enough to clean the dust from furniture and clean the floors for cleanliness. This is the most thorough and complete cleaning that will help not only to forget about the fact that yesterday you had a repair, but also to keep it clean for a long time. That is why it is desirable to invite experts to perform such a difficult task. More information about what exactly is included in the cleaning after repair can be found here.
If you do not want to damage the surface and finish of the house and it needs careful, but especially careful cleaning. Our eco-products not only do not pose a threat to the health of your household (even small children and pets), but also do not spoil the surface of the house. It is also worth considering the great experience and special care of our specialists.
Picture Credit: rawpixel
- Basket, bag or box for toys and small things
- Vacuum cleaner or broom
- Microfiber cloths
- Garbage bags, rubber gloves.
The main task that confronts parents cleaning a child’s room consists of 5 items.
1. Reduce the number of toys. The more toys in the child’s bedroom, the more often there is a mess. Children stop noticing their toys, throw them into the general pile and ask to buy new ones. Therefore, adults should collect toys from the floor, from under the bed and from behind the door, sort them into categories and put them in boxes or baskets. Naturally, you need to show the child what and where it lies so that he himself can find the necessary things.
To reduce the number of unnecessary toys, to avoid the protest of the child, you need to gradually remove some of them from him. Such a “quarantine” for toys will help identify which ones are expensive and necessary for a child, and which ones can be thrown away or redrawn.
2. Remove clothes in the room. In the upper part of the closet, seldom-used items should be folded – off-season clothes or fancy dresses.
Basic seasonal clothing must be sorted by color – so the child will remember that where it lies. Socks and other small wardrobe items should be put in the bottom drawer so that the child can easily reach them.
3. Remove trash in the room. What may seem adult rubbish for the child – a treasure. Therefore, only obvious rubbish should be thrown out of the children’s room. You also need to collect items that should not be in the child’s bedroom and place them in places.
4. Wipe the dust, clean the windows and the floor. This should be done with rubber gloves. Sweep and clean the floor is easy when all the toys and things are collected and placed in places.
Once a week it is necessary to move furniture away and remove dust in hard-to-reach places: under the bed and table, behind the dresser and wardrobe.
Lightly microfiber cloth moistened with water should be sure to wipe dust off books, upper shelves, decor items, chandeliers, leaves of houseplants. You also need to knock out dust from soft plush toys.
5. Cover the bed, remove things in the laundry. Cover the bed, smooth the sheets, blanket, bedspread, whip pillows. This is an important stage of cleaning – so you quickly teach the child to order. He must see that this is a daily obligatory “ritual.”
Cleaning rules in the child’s bedroom
- In the process of cleaning a child’s room, you can not use aggressive household chemicals (means for washing the floor, windows and laundry), so as not to cause an allergy to the child. It is better to choose hypoallergenic powder or baby soap.
- In order for the children’s room to always be in a more or less impartial state, it is necessary to constantly maintain order in it. Therefore, together with the child should be laid daily toys in places.
- It is necessary to regularly ventilate the room so that dust does not accumulate in the room.
- When cleaning the floor in the child’s bedroom is better to use a vacuum cleaner with a function of wet cleaning.
How to teach a child to order in the room
In order for the child to learn how to clean up on his own, clean up and put his things in place, one should teach him:
- make your bed every day;
- hang clothes in the closet or put them in the laundry basket – for further washing;
- put toys and books in their designated places;
- do not leave food in the room and, if possible, do not eat in the child’s bedroom;
- take out the garbage yourself (or ask adults). This will teach the child to timely clean up.
Using the services of a cleaning company, you can be sure that your home will always be clean!
Picture Credit: Pixabay
House cleaning should not take too much time. However, you need to maintain cleanliness in the house. How to determine how often you need to clean the house?
4 type of home cleaning
It is possible to distinguish 4 types of home cleaning precisely on the frequency of its carrying out:
- daily cleaning;
- weekly cleaning;
- deep cleaning;
- cleaning as needed.
- Daily cleaning involves actions that are performed every day. Only few can afford it. Only people around the clock staying at home, constantly wiping the dust, spread things around the places and clean the floors every day. However, it is precisely the daily administration of the order in the form of small actions, occupying from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, which allows maintaining the cleanliness and order in the house.
- Weekly cleaning is convenient for most working and student people. In this case, every week on the same day in the house the order leads: carpets are vacuumed, floors are washed, rubbed dust, cleaned and polished furniture, erased and stroked. A rather large-scale revision is carried out, all dirt is removed from the house.
- Deep cleaning means thorough washing of everything that can be washed in the house, for example, chandeliers or figurines of ornaments. In this same event, a rehearsal of things in the closets is carried out, seasonal clothes and shoes are cleaned, etc. A deep cleaning is carried out every few months.
- Cleaning as needed. These include emergency needs, for example, after repair. This option can be used by people who spend most of their time outside the home: on trips, on business trips, trips, etc. Here the schedule is determined by the degree of contamination and the frequency of staying at home.
Which option is optimal? How often do I need to do home cleaning? Each person solves this question himself. For example, if there are small children in the house, thorough cleaning from the item “weekly” will be 2-3 times more often.
How to combine different types of cleaning
To reduce the frequency of drying, but at the same time do not grow dirt, you can only 1 way – competent maintenance of purity. To do this, you have to combine all types of cleaning.
In the weekly cleaning, it is necessary to clean the dirt and dust everywhere, even in hard-to-reach places. From this, the air in the house is cleaner, and breathing easier, and in deep cleaning it will not be necessary to waste time on rubbing the ingrown mud. Do not be lazy to wash the baseboard or to vacuum it under the bed.
Simple Ways to Clean Less
Is it possible to reduce the frequency of cleaning? In this case, more attention must be paid to preventive measures to prevent contamination of the house:
- Put a rubber mat on the threshold;
- Plates and appliances can be rinsed immediately, in the course of cooking. Or in the waiting period when the dish is prepared;
- All the emerging spots, for example, of spilled liquids, should be removed immediately, until they have eaten;
- Kitchen towels are desirable to starch, then they will not be absorbed by contamination, the fabric will repulse them;
- During the bath procedures and some time after the bathtub should work hood. Or just a room should air. So the moisture level will quickly come true, and the fungus and mold will not settle in the house, which means that you will not have to waste time and effort to fight them;
- The house needs to be ventilated regularly, it clears the air, maintains a favorable microclimate, serves the prevention of many diseases;
- wash the floor better with special tools, then it will acquire antistatic and dirt repellants;
- It is better to use natural remedies instead of aggressive chemistry containing chlorine, acids or alkalis;
- Dishes should be washed immediately after eating, and not to cook it in the sink. Then it will be much more difficult to wash off;
- Do not wait for the weekend to start the wash. It is not necessary to wait for a full basket of laundry to accumulate. The inclusion of a washing machine is not so difficult;
- The cleanliness of the toilet should also be maintained continuously. It is treated with disinfectants and cleaning agents as needed. You can use a special remedy that is applied overnight, and is simply washed away in the morning.
These small tricks will save you up to an hour on weekly cleaning.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
When it comes to cleaning in the spring, give it enough time and decide in advance what you want to clean. Worth to write a list. With systematic spring cleaning you save precious time.
Ideally, you should focus on one room at a time. As a rule, things are removed from top to bottom in the following order: first remove dust from all surfaces, such as cabinets, tables, window sills and plants. The second step is to clean the upholstery and furniture. The floor is being removed at the end.
We all have a basic cleaning list, but how many places do we remember? You know, the ones we avoid by sight, pretending that we do not see dust cats.
Here are 7 areas that really will complete the spring cleaning:
Hide warm winter things. Get ready for spring, summer. You will refresh your wardrobe and you will probably find a few forgotten summer pearls. Remove the shelf from the dust, put the fragrance bag on one of the shelves – thanks to that you will feel the spring every time you open the wardrobe!
It does not matter if you cook a little or a lot. The sludge and dust settle on cabinets at the rate of lightning. It’s worth to vacuum them off from time to time.
The interiors of the cabinets hide many delicious treasures. Take a look at whether your carefully stocked supplies are still useful to eat. If not, throw them away. Make room for new ones.
How cool it is to be able to look at the windows shining in the sun. Washing will not take you much time, and the effect will definitely be worth the work done. Do not forget about washing curtains and curtains. They are dust absorbers. After washing, the whole flat will smell nice and fresh.
Look under the bed
This is not the place we remember. However, it is a vault of dust, hair elastics, earrings and socks. Do you sleep well, aware of the additional “mattress” growing under your bed? That is why it is worth to lift the bed once in a while, thoroughly vacuum and wash the floor. And the joy of finding things in the bonus.
Wash or bring decorative cushions, plaids or rugs to the laundry room. Especially with pets, these things get dirty much faster. They catch fur. Refreshed, ironed will be pleasing to the eye.
People do not love to clean the fridge, but you have to do it regularly. In the end, we store food in it. Check that jams, mustard and ketchup have a good expiration date. Delete what is old. Make room for fresh tomatoes, fresh vegetables and fruits.
How many times in a hurry did you have to drill or screw something and then put the equipment carelessly into the box. Sort tools, nails and other accessories. Maybe, by the way, you’ll find inspiration for small patches at home?
Picture Credit: Pixabay
A white sofa can fit into any interior, such furniture will always look winning and stylish. It is not always possible to keep the snow-white upholstery for a long time, light fabrics much more often need cleaning and care. It is possible to clean the sofa not only with the help of specialized companies, spots can be removed and in the home, you just need to know how to do it right.
Specialized household chemistry will allow faster and easier to remove spots on a light cloth at home, but such costs are more expensive and, if used improperly, can be dangerous to health. Homemade recipes are safe and economical, but require patience and excellence from the hostess.
Also, it is necessary to consider whether it is possible to freely remove the upholstery from the sofa, some models allow you to do it in one hand, just undo the lightning. In this case, the removable material can be put in a dry cleaner or washed at home, following the instructions. Not every sofa can be washed in a washing machine, because of this the material can sit or stretch, and the replacement will cost cheaply.
Some experts do not recommend using a vacuum cleaner when cleaning upholstered furniture, as this may disrupt the structure of the filler. However, there is no other way to clean the sofa from dust, so you can use a vacuum cleaner, but neatly. It is best to use a special attachment for upholstered furniture and, if possible, reduce the power of the device.
Light, and even more so, white cloths require constant attention. The sooner you detect contamination, the higher the probability to withdraw it without much effort and cost. In addition, it is necessary to conduct a preventive cleaning at least once a month in order to refresh the tint and maintain the upholstery in good condition.
No matter which tool you choose to clean the couch at home, you do not have to try to mix several methods together. The desire to achieve more effective influence can lead to damage to the color or the structure of the upholstery, which will have to order a new one. Also, do not use a lot of different tools, if no one helps, in this case, it is better to give the material in dry cleaning.
For today it is not difficult to find the necessary means to clean the sofa at home. In this case, you can use as a specialized household chemistry for upholstered furniture, and things for carpets. For light colors you can find individual variants with special instructions on the label.
With the help of household remedies it is possible to clear any spots from any surfaces at home, but you must immediately know which method to apply. If you make a mistake, you can get the opposite effect.
Removing dirt & mud stains
The white sofa upholstery quickly absorbs any contamination, whether it is street dirt, household spots or the results of long-term exploitation. To get rid of such pollution is necessary immediately, otherwise they will be more and more dress up in the material, in addition to them will be added and new spots.
Removing coffee and tea stains
Spills from spilled coffee or tea are especially noticeable on a white upholstery, and since this trouble can happen quite often, you need to know how in this case you can clean the sofa at home. To cope with this problem, you will need only a piece of commercial soap.
To begin with, the affected area of the upholstery should be moistened with ordinary water, and then rub the soap to create a light foam. Then a rigid brush should rub the contaminated area and leave the sofa in such a state for 10-15 minutes. After this, remnants of soap should be removed with a sponge soaked in water. It can add a couple of teaspoons of salt, then cleaning will be more productive.
Removing red wine stains
Red wine, poured on a white upholstery sofa, can also deliver the mistress a lot of hassle, as to bring such pollution is not easy. It is necessary to act with the help of household remedies as soon as the stain has been formed. Otherwise, it will dry up, and it can be removed only with the help of dry-cleaning or specialized means.
First, it is necessary to wet the stain with napkins or paper so that it spreads as little as possible. Then not yet dried spot should be plentifully poured with a layer of salt and leave for 10-15 minutes, so that it drained moisture. After that, the salt is removed with a rigid brush, and the remnants of the stain are displayed with a soft soapy solution.
Removing oil or grease stains
On the white upholstery of the sofa can fall and greasy food, so you need to know in advance what in this case you can clean up the upholstered furniture. As in most cases, it is necessary to act immediately so that the spot does not enter, otherwise it will not be possible to bring home remedies. To remove excess fat, you should brush the stain with salt, soda or starch and leave for 15 minutes. After that, the dry spot is removed using a soap solution and a soft sponge, while it is best to use a dishwashing detergent. For the best effect it is recommended to leave the soap solution on the spot for another 15 minutes, and then rinse with clean water.
Picture Credit: Sarah Jane