December 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Finest European Maids
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Tile Cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Author Archives: Web publisher
As it is fall, everyone will be keen to get started with fall cleaning for the season. Although this might appear to be a contrast in terms, think about it. You can take a vacation in the warm summer months. It means taking a vacation away from the household, and you get to spend a lot of time outdoors. But grime and dirt do not take a vacation, although you are enjoying the time outdoors. They will keep on adding and multiplying. With the winter months and the holiday season rushing in, it is a great time to start with fall cleaning. Here are some cleaning tips.
Take stock initially
Before you have started the cleaning, take inventory of all your cleaning supplies available. Ensure that you have all the products you require for the different surfaces you wish to clean. Check the info on the labels to ensure that you are using them correctly. When you are cleaning, pay attention to the places where these products are stored. You might decide that fall cleaning will be more effective if you could set aside the sets of supplies in various parts of the house. You can consider having a set for every room and an extra set in the master bedroom. Make sure that these items are stored where pets and children cannot reach them.
Extend the usual reach
You need to go beyond your regular vacuuming, dusting, and mopping for fall cleaning. Look up and remove all the cobwebs that have accumulated on the corners and around ceiling fans and light fixtures. If required, you can consider investing in telescoping extension poles that will allow you to adjust them to the required length needed for dusting these high-up areas. Move your furniture suitably to send all those dust bunnies scurrying for escape. Make sure that you have wiped out the baseboards.
Clean the refrigerator
Check the refrigerator contents for their expiry dates. Discard all those things that have overstayed in the fridge. Remove and clean all the shelves. Ensure that you are working on one shelf at a time to make sure that food doesn’t have to wait at room temperature. After the refrigerator insides are clean, go for the outside. Lint and dust build-up can decrease the cooling performance of your fridge. Take away the grill and vacuum all the coils, or you can clean them by using a long handle brush.
After you have finished your fall cleaning, launder all the washables, such as mattress covers, bed skirts, blankets, slipovers, throws, and pillows. Turn your mattresses to vacuum them properly. Also, take a close look at the upholstery. Take away the cushions to vacuum them thoroughly. You can use crevice tools for reaching the tough areas. Also, ensure that you have checked the carpet for stains and spots. These things might need deep cleaning. If you need professionals for fall cleaning in the Clearwater, FL, area, reach out to Finest European Maids for expert help.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
So, how often should you perform house cleaning? The answer is every day. This might contradict the article’s title, but there are some tasks you need to do every day to maintain the house functional and neat. In case your bed is unkept, you cannot wait for the laundry day to get the sheets in order. Sometimes the kitchen flooring is getting cluttered with crumbs, and you cannot wait for the stipulated day for sweeping it clean. This apart, this house cleaning varies from homeowner to homeowner.
Things you are cleaning too much
Let’s look at the things you are probably cleaning too much.
Wooden furniture: If the wood polish is used too much, it can cause damage to the finishing. Apart from that, the wax-based wooden polish can cause oily buildup that will trap even more dirt and dust. Once a month cleaning is a good idea by using furniture polish. You can otherwise use light dusting every other week.
Windows: Windows has to be cleaned once or twice every year. You may spot-clean them as required, but overcleaning can cause streaking and buildup of dirt. It is a good idea to use a power washer or hot water for cleaning from the outside.
Carpets and rugs: Your carpets need professional cleaning with steam cleaning at least once each year. You may try it yourself, but you cannot drench the fibers as it can lead to mold and mildew growth below the surface. You can just vacuum the rugs and carpets every week to collect crumbs and treat the spots and stains.
Fixtures: Lighting fixtures, ceiling fans, and other mounted accessories have to be cleaned once every month by using a microfiber cloth. Warm water can be used for cleaning glass fixtures to wipe off the caked-on dust and grime that might get accumulated. But you need to stay on top of the dusting each month.
Things you are not cleaning enough
You need to concentrate more on the things that need everyday cleaning or weekly cleaning.
Microwave: You need to wipe down the microwave at least once every week. Caked-on food crumbs can lead to overheating, and they can damage the microwave if they are not addressed immediately. Use hot water and a microfiber cloth to wipe it down. You can clean the splashes, and spot cleaning can also be done in between
Bathroom surfaces: Similar to your countertops, showers, flooring, toilets, and bathroom surfaces have to be wiped down each day to prevent the growth of bacteria. Make it a habit to wipe down the shower after each use. If you leave water in the tub, it leads to mold and mildew.
Kitchen countertops and sink: Your sink and kitchen countertops have to be cleaned daily. Bacteria thrive in the wet areas of the house. Therefore, places such as the kitchen and bathroom have to be wiped clean and properly sanitized for preventing them from spreading to other surfaces in the house.
Dishwasher: The inner area of the dishwasher can collect food particles, soap scum, and grease that can clog the dishwasher drain. In case you leave the food sitting in there for a long time, it can get odorous or can get lodged in the clean dishes during a cycle.
Performing house cleaning can appear overwhelming if you plan to do it every day or once a week. However, if you can stay on top of the cleaning, you can save many hours on the weekends. The good news is that you can hire professionals for house cleaning. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with Finest European Maids to schedule a cleaning today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
If you have ever wondered whether to hire a cleaning service, the answer is YES; you owe it to yourself. Who doesn’t want a person or a group of people to come in and clean the apartment or home? However, these cleaning services are not cheap. You will have to pay anything between $100 to $200 for your biweekly cleaning. Although this depends on the number of rooms, you are trying to have cleaned by the cleaning company. Is it worth all the money? Here are some reasons.
1. It will reduce the stress developed by the family: It is possible that your spouse is a freak for cleanliness and complains about your slovenly ways all the time. Possibly your in-laws visit your place often, and you have to hear some catty remarks about the condition of your house. There are people out there that hire cleaning services for family reasons. If your parents are visiting, it might be a good idea to spend the money on cleaning to keep up with their standards. It allows you not to touch things you don’t wish to.
2. It reduces self-induced stress: Maybe the family is not giving you grief about the house being unclean and messy, but you are still beating yourself up. There is some science behind the connection between cleaning and decreased anxiety. Washing dishes, mopping floors, and ironing can be calming, primarily when conducted mindfully.
3. Some people hate cleaning: Not many people will opt for vacuuming instead of going to the beach. However, there are people out there that enjoy some tasks such as folding laundry while watching Netflix. However, others cannot fool themselves into thinking that cleaning is anything else than a grind. Most people hate housework. Although some people don’t mind keeping it neat, doing detailed work and scrubbing can take a long time. Many people are also not too good at it.
4. You can lose money: Some people may have heard about opportunity costs when hiring a professional cleaner rather than doing things yourself. You need to compare your hourly rate at work and the cost of hiring a pro for house cleaning. If you earn $100 per hour and it takes 5 hours to clean the home, in a sense, you are spending $500 on cleaning. You can spend $130 to get professionals to do the same work in a couple of hours or do an even better job in many cases. But if you earn just $10 per hour, and it takes five hours for cleaning, you are spending just $50.
There are some reasons why the work of a cleaning service is undermined and makes it less cost-effective. For example, an aggressive dog may chase the cleaning crew around your home. For this problem, consider bringing in the pros on a grooming day. You should keep the cleaning service pros informed about your priorities and the pet peeves you may have. If you do not wish for any water to be used on your floors, tell them about it.
Another question is, how do you feel about spending money to decide whether a cleaning service was worth the amount spent? For the people living in Clearwater, FL area, a terrific alternative is available in Finest European Maid to perform house cleaning.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate
In case you are suffering from some seasonal allergies and yet think that home cleaning is for birds, you need to read this article. It is estimated that more than 50 million U.S. citizens suffer from some kind of allergy. This figure is estimated by the American Asthma and Allergy Foundation. Many of these allergies are seasonal pollen allergies. If you are one of them, you will have to perform diligent home cleaning to ease the symptoms and avoid all the triggers. Allergens and dust particles tend to get collected in rugs, carpets, upholstery, and beddings.
Home cleaning tips for reducing allergy triggers
There are many benefits associated with home cleaning. But, a single annual spring cleaning will not be sufficient. You will have to perform home cleaning every week. It will allow you to get rid of the triggers that cause allergies and help you in relieving the allergy symptoms. Here are some home cleaning tips for reducing allergy triggers.
1. Hire home cleaning services: If you are suffering from severe allergies, it will be a good idea to think about hiring somebody to clean your home. You can also enlist some of your family members for help. However, when you are cleaning your house on your own, you need to be specific. For instance, utilize a mop and a damp cloth so that these allergens are trapped instead of floating around in the air. It would be best if you stayed away from cleaning products that have strong fragrances. Avoid shampooing the rugs and carpets by using heavily scented cleaners. They can aggravate the allergies rather than help them.
2. Pay attention to details: It is always a good idea to wear masks while you are cleaning. This is because home cleaning can kick up the allergens initially. This makes the allergy symptoms worse during and after the cleaning. Pay close attention to the various surfaces that attract allergens and dust. Look for the areas that have the potential for mold. Similarly, you can purge the basement and closets with books and clothing. Offset the bed with dust-mite-proof covers for pillows, mattresses, and box springs to get rid of dust mites from your home. It is a good idea to wash the sheets in hot water weekly for killing the dust mites.
3. Keep all the dander and dust under control: One of the more effective ways of combating spring allergies in the house is by keeping the dust away. Make sure that all the surfaces are clutter-free and clear. If you go over the different surfaces by using a microfiber cloth, it will do the trick. Keep in mind to wash away the pet beds. Brush the pets regularly to minimize dander within the house. You also vacuum the house every week or even twice a week, if possible, in case you are a chronic sufferer of spring allergies.
4. Clean and replace the vacuum filter regularly: Apart from cleaning and replacing the vacuum filter, you will have to ensure that your vacuum also has a HEPA filter. Almost all the normal filters will allow the small allergens to slip in. This means they will be sent right back in the air.
It is a good idea to stop the pollen from entering the house in the first place. With the spring just around the corner, you need to be ready to clean patios and decks. Try and keep these areas and entryways clean by sweeping. This will keep the pollen and dust to a minimum within the house. If you are looking for professional help in Clearwater, FL area, contact Finest European Maids. Even though it is tempting to try and get some fresh air, keep your doors and windows closed, especially when you have allergies.
Picture Credit: Crello
Many people these days spend a lot of time in their kitchens. You might have always enjoyed cooking or possibly you are loving a newfound hobby. It doesn’t matter what the reason is, one thing is certain, no one really likes one of the byproducts of home cooking-grease. It is easily one of the more stubborn soils and is extremely difficult to remove. To combat this domestic problem there is a selection of products available that can be employed during home cleaning. There is a range of products available from gentle green cleaners to dish soap and water. Let’s look at some steps to tackle or prevent grease formation in the house.
1. Wipe your stovetop clean after every use: This is definitely your best bet when you are battling against grease formation. Make this routine a part of your cleaning up process after your meals. This will ensure that there are no chances of grease building up.
2. Dish soap is quite effective for removing grease: This product is formulated for removing greasy food residues from your dishes. It can work well for the same task during home cleaning over the microwave or stovetop.
3. Citrus oils are useful for breaking down the grease: If you can add orange essential oils to the dish soap and water, it will not only smell great but can make your home cleaning a bit simpler as well.
4. For the more recent spills of grease, use flour on it: Sprinkling flour over the grease spill will help in cleaning the mess. Although this might seem to be counterintuitive (Wouldn’t it make a further mess?) but the truth is that the flour absorbs the grease. This makes it simpler to find and wipe the grease.
5. Use baking soda and water: Using baking soda with water is helpful in removing grease from all the pots and pans. Keep in mind that baking soda is alkaline. It means it is pretty effective for breaking down the grease during home cleaning. Pour a bit of water and sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in a warm pan after you have finished using it for cooking. You can also use some soda water for this purpose. After soaking for a while, you will find that grease cleaning is a lot easier.
6. Using salt and rubbing alcohol for removing grease from the fabric: This method is extremely useful for fabrics that cannot be washed by using a washing machine. Some of them include couches and rugs. You need to mix 4 parts of rubbing alcohol together with 1 part of salt and there you go. You need to use a clean piece of cloth for scrubbing the mixture inside the stain. You will have to scrub hard. After the grease stain is removed you must allow the spot to dry. After this, you can use the vacuum for cleaning up the remaining salt.
7. Performing your clean and simple home cleaning: You need to periodically perform home cleaning. This is the best method for keeping the grease away all the time.
Using different products for grease cleaning
Dish soap with warm water together makes for an extremely effective combination for tackling grease stains from your house. If you have tougher grease stains the technicians can spray the surface with degreasers. Then they will work on other aspects of home cleaning. The degreaser will work on breaking down all the grease. If you are entering the house for the first time there may be grease build-up in some areas. The cleaners will have the requisite tools for this problem as well. There is a Formula 409 cleaner available for breaking down the heavy grease. You can use the Easy-Off oven cleaner for grease build-up having taken place over the years.
Keep in mind that the best way of dealing with grease formation is to prevent it from getting worse. But you will need help from professional home cleaning teams for this. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids for this problem. They will make a quick work of these grease stains in your home and allow you to concentrate more on cooking. Using a cleaning service is necessary for all the busy families. So, get in touch with pros for your home cleaning and grease cleaning needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
From giving the mudroom the much-needed organizational change to hiding the wrangling wires under the desk, you would agree that it’s much easier to keep things clean when things are at their designated places. Although hiring a cleaning company helps you keep your house in the best condition, we recommend some accessible practices to help you maintain your home daily.
Some products by well-known brands, when applied, can tackle all sorts of organizational issues. Some of the easiest and the most effective corporate hacks that can help deal with the trickiest spaces and items have been discussed below.
Install Small Hooks to Reorganize Under the Kitchen Sink
Organizing the under-the-kitchen-sink cabinets can sometimes be challenging because they house several cleaning products and household supplies. The area is primarily tiny, but you already know the importance of maximizing each inch of space available. Clear small hooks when installed inside these cabinet doors or the interior walls transform the area instantly. They provide you with a convenient place to hang items such as cleaning gloves, dishcloths, and scrubbing brushes.
Decluttering The Laundry Room By Using Caddy and Spray Bottle Hangers
Irrespective of whether you have a dedicated laundry room in your house or not, optimizing the space will make your life easier. Install caddy and spray bottle hangers to create a place for dry sheets or lint rollers. You should set up multiple baskets or hampers labeled by color or family member to save time and eliminate the need to sort your laundry reputedly.
In addition, you can have a variety of spray bottles to eliminate the degrees of stuck-on stains. They attach both easily and quickly to the wall while ensuring the most-used stain removers remain out of sight but still within your reach. This is just what any good cleaning company would guide you to do and practice.
Use Cord Organizers To Tidy Up Your Tech Devices
Be it the video gaming consoles, headphones, laptops, or your smart devices; we are surrounded by miles of wiring around us. The list of household electronics and attached cords or chargers to power them often overwhelms us. Organizing them properly will save space and ensure that they remain working. It would even allow you to unplug them whenever required.
You do not need a professional cleaning company to take care of these. It’s easy than you think. You merely need to follow some basic steps that will help in keeping these wires clutter-free.
Storing Your Broom and Mop Securely With Broom Grippers
Most of us often discard our brooms or mops in the closet or the laundry area. Now, this being a regular practice leads to unnecessary wear and tear of the essential cleaning tools. Using a Broom Gripper allows you to organize your most used supplies in the best way and make them easily accessible. You can simply hand a Broom Gripper on the wall in your closet, mudroom, or laundry room.
The tips above are simple yet easy to implement regularly. Although you may find it hard to integrate the above practices in your schedule, over time, it becomes a habit, and you find it way easier than what you have been doing for years. Alternatively, you may contact a cleaning company to help you keep your house clean thoroughly.
If you are searching for a quality professional cleaning company in Clearwater, FL area, you should reach out to European Maids cleaning company. They have been serving residents in and around the area for years and are a well-known cleaning company today.
Picture Credit: Freepik
An important condition in the long-term use of carpet is its cleaning. During the operation of the carpet, it can appear all sorts of stains, stick fur of animals, as well as possible absorption of odors. Proper care of the floor carpet will extend its life by more than a decade.
Cleaning of a natural carpet
Natural carpet should be vacuumed at least once every three days, and at least once a month to do wet cleaning. You can use any household carpet shampoo when doing wet cleaning.
Cleaning of a synthetic carpet
If the carpet is in the office, it is better to put a special doormat before entering the room. It is undesirable to arrange wet cleaning for synthetic carpet as under the action of moisture it can be significantly reduced in size.
It is important to note, that the surface of the carpet is applied special dirt-repellent coating that can be washed off during wet cleaning.
Synthetic carpet is cleaned with a regular vacuum cleaner, and at least twice a year it is desirable to carry out dry cleaning. In that case, if you still decide to do wet cleaning, then you need to make sure that the carpet is completely dry. Otherwise, the fibers will begin to rot, and the coating will have to be discarded.
Therefore, for wet cleaning, it is better to call in a specialist, that will clean your carpet according to all the rules and re-cover the carpet with a dirt-repellent composition.
Special carpet cleaning remedies will not only wash away dirt and dust but, at the same time, will protect you from insects. Also, you can use universal cleaning shampoo, which is also good for cleaning carpets. To do this, you need just to wipe the coating with a sponge or brush, soaked in the shampoo. Then wipe the carpet with a wet cloth and wipe it to dry.
Natural remedies to remove stains:
Stains from fruit juice, tea, coffee, or chocolate can be easily cleaned with alcohol and vinegar. Proportions for solution: 2/3 of alcohol and 1/3 of vinegar.
If there are egg stains, at first, moisten the stains with soapy water, diluted with alkali (10%). Then just rinse with clean water.
Stains of paint, varnish, or paste for ballpoint pens you can remove if wiped with a cloth soaked in a solution of ethyl alcohol and turpentine.
Professional carpet cleaning
Professionals recommend at least once a year to use the services of the cleaning companies and dry carpet cleaning. Dry carpet cleaning helps get rid of dirt and accumulated dust and removes the smell of anyone bad odors. After this procedure, your carpet will be like new again!
Picture Credit: Pexels
Selecting the right frequency for your home cleaning can turn out to be challenging. Most cleaning services offer weekly, biweekly, three weeks, and monthly services. Although the budget is a significant consideration while opting for the most suitable frequency for your lifestyle, it is not the only one. You need to adjust the family schedule accordingly and adjust your time for the preparation of these cleanings. Another important consideration is a buildup of grime and dust in your house. Here are some reasons why biweekly cleaning is most suitable for your household.
1. Weekly cleaning services can be too much: Many people are big believers in weekly cleaning. It is an effective method for maintaining your home in top condition. The house will stay clean and minimum upkeep is required between the home cleaning sessions. But the weekly cleaning is challenging for many people. Several people find it tough to take the time every week for having strangers in the house. Others struggle to fit the weekly cleaning service into the budget. People without pets and children do not make sufficient mess to justify this weekly cleaning.
2. Biweekly cleaning maintains the house in a healthy condition: Things might not be as clean with the biweekly cleaning as with weekly cleaning. But the biweekly cleaning services are yet pretty effective for removing the allergens from your house. This is true, especially for pet dander and dust. A thorough and regular dusting gets rid of all the dust from the surface and the air. A lot of pros these days use microfiber cloths for removing and trapping dust from furniture instead of kicking it in the air. You can also remove dust from carpet areas by using vacuums.
3. There is less work to do between cleanings than compared to monthly cleaning: Another advantage of this biweekly cleaning service is that there isn’t too much upkeep between the cleanings as is the case with monthly cleanings. These biweekly cleanings keep things such as grease and soap scum from building up in the kitchen and bathrooms. There is no need to scour the stovetop or scrub the tubs in between. On the other hand, monthly cleaning services many times need more elbow grease in between the cleanings without taking into consideration how clean the house is.
4. Biweekly cleaning is a better deal overall in the long run: Although, technically speaking it costs less to get the house cleaned monthly, the biweekly cleaning is by far more economical. There is a discount offered for higher cleaning frequency and you pay less for each cleaning. Not only that, as you are spending lesser time cleaning the house, you will have more time available for spending on things you care more about. It increases the value of your cleaning even further.
Professionals working in the field of home cleaning provide a unique service for every home they cater to. Their cleaning service plans are customizable for your requirements. In most cases, you can select the rooms of the house you need to be cleaned. You can even decide the tasks needed for every room. If you live in Clearwater, FL area, get in touch with European Maids Cleaning for a detailed estimate of your cleaning requirements. They have a team of pro estimators that can design a personalized plan according to your needs.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
Deep cleaning in summer is an important activity as both heat and humidity contribute towards germ build-up. We have to be extra careful during the summer months and you will be surprised that it isn’t as hard as you might be thinking. Below we have listed five common areas that attract the most grime in the warmer months. We have also discussed the best ways to keep them clean throughout the summers.
When having a central air conditioning system, you should be changing furnace filters after every 2-3 months during summers. As air conditioning flows through the same ducts as heats, changing filters trap allergens and pollutants and reduce the risks of mold.
Although white bleach brightens the area and kills molds, it doesn’t treat the root of the issue. Spray white vinegar on small and big patches of mold on any hard surface thoroughly. Let it sit there for an hour and then rinse using a damp cloth and warm water. You may need to scrub in case the spot doesn’t go easily. Take a paste of baking soda with water in a bowl to scrub using a sponge.
Indoor air often gets stagnant in summers and allows odors to linger in small spaces like closets. Even areas where you keep sports equipment and shoes tend to get extra smelly in summers as moisture levels increase. This leads to bacteria growth and produces odor. You need to address this issue instead of covering the moisture using a spray.
For this purpose, baking soda is highly effective as it absorbs moisture and traps odor. For cleaning the air, place an open box of baking soda in the smelly area and add a few drops of refreshing essential oils. Shake the solution every week to refresh the scent and further activate its odor-absorbing qualities. You may even sprinkle baking soda for a quick refresh. Allow it to sit for some hours or overnight before dumping it away.
Summer is an ideal season to clean your windows and allow the sun in. Make a solution using 50/50 distilled water and white vinegar. You can add a few drops of lemon or orange essential oil for degreasing power and extra scent. For cleaning taller windows, you can use a handheld steamer with an extension hose and window squeegee. Fill a steamer and gently squeegee the windows. Wipe the excess water using a simple microfiber cloth. The steamer also helps in keeping away the stuck-on messes forming on the windows.
Garbage and hot air are a bad combination that can lead to the development of a foul smell. You should regularly wash your garbage cans using a soap solution and allow them to dry completely before reuse. In addition, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda on the can’s bottom before putting a new bag. Dumping of baking soda should be done once every couple of weeks and start with a fresh new layer to absorb odors.
Searching for a reliable cleaning service company in Clearwater & Pinellas County? Look no further as European Maids are there to service all your needs. Their team is not only trained with the best standards but equipped with advanced cleaning tools and equipment. They provide licensed maids to perform all sorts of home cleaning tasks at the most competitive rates.
Picture Credit: Freepik