There are many queries in the minds of people at the moment such as can you get a COVID-19 infection from food? Normal household tasks have turned into anxious and uncertain times as families around the world are grappling to get the basics needed right and keep themselves and their loved ones safe during the pandemic. Home cleaning has become a significant chore as you need to clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces in the house regularly for lowering the risk of catching an infection.
1. Clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces: All homes are different although the high-touch surfaces are the same in most cases. They include tables, door handles, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, handrails, toilets, taps, mobile phones, light switches, tablets, computers, remote controls, keyboards, toys, and game controllers. You need to clean the dirty surfaces by using detergent and water before you go for disinfection. This is the best way to make sure that you are destroying the COVID-19 virus present in the home. Soap and water kill viruses similar to bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Trust the advice of reputed sources: The only way of fending off the virus is by understanding the facts about it. If you start reading about coronavirus from unreliable sources it may cause panic and a sense of fear. It doesn’t help anyone. You need to trust reputed resources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Red Cross, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and National Center for Disease Control (NCDC). These sources can be trusted to provide up-to-date and proven info about the spread of this virus inside your house.
3. Be vigilant at all times: Although the coronavirus is here to stay for the foreseeable future, you also need to keep it in mind that there are other viruses around that have been around for several years. So, although you should not panic, you need to make sure that you don’t let the guard down and take all preventive measures each day to restrict the spread of the virus.
4. Use warm/hot water wherever possible: Try to use warm and hot water wherever possible especially in places such as cleaning laundry. This fact is mentioned in the makers’ instructions as well. Ensure that the clothes are completely dry after the cleaning before you use them. People easily forget how many times they touch electronic instruments. These devices can be the host for several bacteria or viruses. Therefore it is significant that they are cleaned regularly.
5. Be additionally careful if someone in the household is sick: It is a good idea to clean and change the hand towels in any event. But, it becomes additionally significant if anyone in the household is sick. You can clean the bathroom and kitchen surfaces regularly anyway but if someone is sick ensure that this is done more often.
Cleaning and disinfecting products
If you find any surface to be dirty during home cleaning use detergent or soap with water for cleaning it. After this, use any disinfectant product that contains alcohol (containing around 70%) on the surface or you can use bleach as well. For the COVID-19 virus vinegar and other similar natural products are not useful. In a lot of places, it is tough to find wipes and disinfecting sprays. Use soap and water in such cases. You can use household diluted bleach solutions for some surfaces as well.
Remember COVID-19 is still rampant and is a real threat to the lives of the vulnerable so maintain good hygiene practices in the house. Do not neglect your home cleaning duties. However, if you are struggling to perform the home cleaning tasks by yourself due to a busy work schedule you can get the services of professionals such as European Maids in the Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Unsplash