December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- August 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- April 2011
- Bathroom Cleaning
- Bedroom Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Products
- Cleaning Service
- Cleaning Service Clearwater
- Cleaning Service Tampa
- Cleaning Tips
- Condominium Cleaning
- Floor Cleaning
- Green cleaning
- Home Cleaning
- House Cleaning
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Maid Service Tampa
- Office Cleaning
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas County
- Press Release
- Residential Cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
- St. Petersburg
- Summer cleaning
- Vacation Condominium
- Vacation Rental
- Windows Cleaning
Tag Archives: kitchen
Tinged grout with grey can make the most well-designed rooms look as if they haven’t been tended for ages. However, when you are prepared to clean them using the most efficient cleaning tools, you can easily tackle the dingy-looking grouts. Below we have discussed some easy-to-use grout-cleaning tools and products along with easy-to-implement instructions to make and use natural DIY grout cleaners.
You might be knowing that grout being porous ends up drying out and crumbling. To avoid such situations, you need to carry out a spot test before using any tools, methods, or products.
Tools and Products For Effective Grout Cleaning
Home cleaning needs time and the right tools that are not only handy but do not harm you or the environment. Below we have discussed some important yet effective grout cleaning tools and solutions.
- Grout Cleaning Brush
- Old Toothbrush
- Small Chisel Tool (Inexpensive plastic hand tool that saves time)
- Steamer (Effective in brightening grout)
Although you may opt to buy an expensive heavy-duty grout cleaner or a special pen, you would be surprised to know that you can make a solution yourself. Preferably start small and then clean the hard hitters as most homemade cleaners are milder. Some DIY products you may prepare yourself are:
Water and Vinegar
Mix one part vinegar with one part water inside a spray bottle. This is all you need to start cleaning. You should avoid using this for stone walls, tiles, or floors in the bathroom or shower.
Liquid Detergent and Baking Soda
Make a paste by mixing half a cup of baking soda with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Mix it well and you may add additional dishwashing liquid if the paste starts drying out.
Water and Baking Soda
Instead of detergent, you may also mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of water to make a paste. However, you should know the cleaners that shouldn’t be mixed when switching over to stronger commercial cleaners or products.
Steps To Clean The Grout
Home cleaning becomes less stressful when you have the right tools and adopt the perfect approach. You should follow the instructions below to use the above DIY cleaning solutions effectively.
Apply The Preferred DIY Cleaner On The Grout
After applying, let the solution sit for at least 30 minutes. If you opted for a baking soda cleaner, you may only wait for 10 to 15 minutes. Scrub the grout lines gently using the grout cleaning brush, chisel tool, or toothbrush. Once cleaned, rinse with water. In case the grout still looks dingy, you should try cleaning with a more intensive grout-cleaning solution.
However, before you switch to another product or cleaner, ensure you have the knowledge about which cleaners should never be mixed. Perform the same process as discussed above using a stronger cleaner and you should easily remove any grout that might have stayed behind.
Although the above steps are easy to implement and you can do grout cleaning yourself, most of us do not have time or the right solutions. Hence, it is advised to hire home cleaning professionals to do the task effectively. You not only save time but also stay away from any stress related to the cleaning activity.
In case you are in search of a professional home cleaning agency in Clearwater, FL, consult European Maids. They offer licensed and well-trained cleaning professionals who are equipped with the most advanced yet safe cleaning solutions.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
You will find several harmful bacteria and germs lurking around the corners of your house. They are also waiting for an opportunity on different surfaces of an average kitchen. Therefore it is significant that you wash your hands before you touch any food articles. Not only that, you need to sponge and sanitize these surfaces regularly. Let’s check out the Dos and Don’ts of dishwater and sponge kitchen cleaning.
- Use microwave for damp sponges: While you are performing kitchen cleaning all it takes is a minute for the sponge within your microwave to banish all those harmful bacteria and bugs. You may also use a straightforward drying cycle within your dishwasher for killing all these molds, yeasts, and germs.
- Keep replacing your sponge regularly: In case you forget to sanitize your kitchen cleaning sponge regularly just replace it. Keep in mind that it doesn’t take a lot of time for different bacteria to build within these sponges. Typically they will start appearing within a few days.
- Remove all those smelly sponges during home cleaning: If you can detect a feisty and bad odor it is a definite sign that your kitchen sponge is not clean. You may zap it inside your microwave, place it within your dishwasher while being on a dry cycle or better still replace it.
- Maintain your kitchen sponge in a dry condition: You need to completely wring out your sponge or dishcloth after its use for avoiding it from getting damp between the uses because it encourages the growth of bacteria. Leave out the sponge to get dry off but make sure that you are not leaving it in an enclosed space such as a bucket or a cabinet.
- Do not wipe out those meat juices by using a sponge: It is one of the fastest ways of raising the chances of foodborne and harmful pathogens spreading over your sponge. Therefore use paper towels instead or use disinfectant for absorbing all your spillage.
- Do not use your sponge over kitchen countertops: Unless your kitchen sponge is hygienically cleaned by using one of the methods noted above or it is fresh out of its wrapper, never use it for wiping the surfaces within your kitchen. In all probability, you will end up spreading bacteria all over the kitchen.
Cleaning your sponge
Soak your sponge in a mixture of one gallon of water and 3/4th cup of bleach for five minutes. It is an easy and surefire method for destroying all the bacteria from your sponge. Bleach is renowned for its bacteria-destroying capabilities and all experts agree that it is the most effective way of keeping your sponges clean. You can also use vinegar instead of bleach if you don’t like its smell. Soak for the same amount of time with vinegar.
Although these ways are effective, keep in mind that none of your kitchen sponges are going to last forever. You will need to replace them at some point in time. Otherwise, you can just leave this home cleaning to professionals such as European Maids in Clearwater & Pinellas County, FL area. They can bring their tools, eliminating all the requirements.
Picture Credit: Freepik
Providing your kitchen sink a deep clean should always be a part of your regular kitchen cleaning routine. There is a tendency to think that as there is a lot of soap and water running through a kitchen sink daily, it is a relatively clean place. However, that is not the case in reality. Splashing and rinsing by using dish soap that takes place each day don’t have anything to do with proper sink cleaning. Here are some tips for cleaning the kitchen sink in the right manner.
1. Provide thorough rinse to the sink
Before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink you may wish to wash off all the dishes and provide a thorough rinse to the sink. All the liquid, foods, and debris lying in the sink must be rinsed away before you begin cleaning the kitchen sink. After rinsing, clear the drains also. In reality, it is a good practice to perform daily, even when you do not have the time for complete kitchen cleaning. While taking into consideration stainless steel sinks, remember that salt and acids within food may damage the finishing of the sink. For other kinds of kitchen sinks, it makes cleaning the stains harder. Rinsing the sink must be a daily chore before night.
2. Sprinkling baking soda in the sink and scrub
After rinsing the sink of debris and food articles you need to sprinkle baking soda in it. Cover the entire sink and do not hold back. Canisters of baking soda are available that can be sprinkled. You may even use a mason jar with holes drilled on the top. If you take the mason jar option, you can even add a few drops of essential oils to soda. This will give a great smell to the entire kitchen. After you have the baking soda covering the whole sink, you should start scrubbing. Use a bit of dish soap on the sponge for simpler cleaning. Although baking soda is a bit abrasive, it is not bad enough to scratch the stainless steel kitchen sink surfaces not even other kinds of surfaces. Scrub top to bottom to ensure that you are scrubbing towards the drain. The best method for cleaning a sink is by using circular motions for scrubbing away the whole sink.
After you have finished scrubbing the sink surfaces clean, you should sanitize the surface. Provide a good rinse to the freshly scrubbed kitchen sink to ensure that all the things you have cleaned are getting washed away to the drain. Now, soak the paper towels with white vinegar and utilize them for lining the sink. Cover the whole sink and let the vinegar and towels sit on it for 20 minutes. Keep in mind that vinegar is a natural sanitizer and it can remove hard water stains.
4. Cleaning faucets
After the basin of the sink is clean and sanitized, remember to clean a handle and a faucet. Sink faucets and handles may be cleaned by using a mild soapy solution. You can use a surface cleaner or dish soap with a sponge and it will do trick for you. When you are finished cleaning the faucets you may apply a vinegar-soaked cloth for wiping down and sanitizing commonly handled surfaces. After this, remember to deodorize a drain and disposal.
Well, all that is remaining now is to take a step back and admire the handy work you have done during kitchen cleaning. However, sometimes things are out of hand and kitchen cleaning can turn out to be trickier than you would have envisaged. If you live Clearwater, FL area you can get in touch with European Maids to ensure that the kitchen sink and the entire process of kitchen cleaning get the right treatment.
Picture Credit: Freepik
There are many queries in the minds of people at the moment such as can you get a COVID-19 infection from food? Normal household tasks have turned into anxious and uncertain times as families around the world are grappling to get the basics needed right and keep themselves and their loved ones safe during the pandemic. Home cleaning has become a significant chore as you need to clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces in the house regularly for lowering the risk of catching an infection.
1. Clean and disinfect the high-touch surfaces: All homes are different although the high-touch surfaces are the same in most cases. They include tables, door handles, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, handrails, toilets, taps, mobile phones, light switches, tablets, computers, remote controls, keyboards, toys, and game controllers. You need to clean the dirty surfaces by using detergent and water before you go for disinfection. This is the best way to make sure that you are destroying the COVID-19 virus present in the home. Soap and water kill viruses similar to bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Trust the advice of reputed sources: The only way of fending off the virus is by understanding the facts about it. If you start reading about coronavirus from unreliable sources it may cause panic and a sense of fear. It doesn’t help anyone. You need to trust reputed resources such as the World Health Organization (WHO), Red Cross, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and National Center for Disease Control (NCDC). These sources can be trusted to provide up-to-date and proven info about the spread of this virus inside your house.
3. Be vigilant at all times: Although the coronavirus is here to stay for the foreseeable future, you also need to keep it in mind that there are other viruses around that have been around for several years. So, although you should not panic, you need to make sure that you don’t let the guard down and take all preventive measures each day to restrict the spread of the virus.
4. Use warm/hot water wherever possible: Try to use warm and hot water wherever possible especially in places such as cleaning laundry. This fact is mentioned in the makers’ instructions as well. Ensure that the clothes are completely dry after the cleaning before you use them. People easily forget how many times they touch electronic instruments. These devices can be the host for several bacteria or viruses. Therefore it is significant that they are cleaned regularly.
5. Be additionally careful if someone in the household is sick: It is a good idea to clean and change the hand towels in any event. But, it becomes additionally significant if anyone in the household is sick. You can clean the bathroom and kitchen surfaces regularly anyway but if someone is sick ensure that this is done more often.
Cleaning and disinfecting products
If you find any surface to be dirty during home cleaning use detergent or soap with water for cleaning it. After this, use any disinfectant product that contains alcohol (containing around 70%) on the surface or you can use bleach as well. For the COVID-19 virus vinegar and other similar natural products are not useful. In a lot of places, it is tough to find wipes and disinfecting sprays. Use soap and water in such cases. You can use household diluted bleach solutions for some surfaces as well.
Remember COVID-19 is still rampant and is a real threat to the lives of the vulnerable so maintain good hygiene practices in the house. Do not neglect your home cleaning duties. However, if you are struggling to perform the home cleaning tasks by yourself due to a busy work schedule you can get the services of professionals such as European Maids in the Clearwater, FL area.
Picture Credit: Unsplash
It is a well-known fact that the commonly used cleaning products available in the market are made from chemicals that can cause harm to humans. In addition to this, they also may be harmful to the environment. Luckily environment-friendly ingredients are also available to be used as effective cleaning solutions. Two of such common green and eco-friendly products are vinegar and baking soda. These two products may be used together or separately. They can also be mixed with natural products and are less toxic and are healthy alternatives for cleaning the home.
Baking soda is used effectively for cleaning pots and pans that contain baked-on residues. For doing this just sprinkle the object with baking soda and allow it to soak for fifteen minutes in hot water and detergent. You can pour baking soda on the flames of grease fire till it gets extinguished. Your dishwasher can be cleaned and freshened or your coffeepot may be cleaned by using just the baking soda. You can run vinegar through both these machines once a month to keep them free from residue and clean. You can make your silver shine with a range of different methods. For the refrigerator, you can use vinegar and water mixed in a spray bottle. It is an eco-friendly method for cleaning and deodorizing the surface.
You can develop a non-toxic and thick scrub for cleaning the bathroom surfaces by stirring one tablespoon of liquid castile soap or detergent, vinegar, and a 1/4 cup of baking soda. Create a creamy mixture and then use it. 1/2 cup of baking soda can be used for cleaning the toilets. There is another alternative and that is pouring a cup of dilute white vinegar inside the toilet and allow it to soak overnight. Minerals clogging the showerheads is a common occurrence and it results in a reduced flow of water. Soak the showerhead by using a mixture of 1/4 of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar for 15 minutes. You may clean the soap residues from the loofahs after soaking them with equal portions of water and vinegar. You can use a paste of salt and vinegar for rubbing down sink fixtures.
You can use liquid detergent with a 1/2 cup of baking soda at the start of a wash cycle for a bright load of laundry. You can sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of the clothes hampers for taking care of stinky odors. Socks may get stained and dingy like gym clothing. In order to help the items appear fresh people soak them inside a pot of boiling water with distilled white vinegar.
You need to keep the baking soda and vinegar handy inside the house as there are several everyday things you can clean faster by using them together. The only question that remains is what will you clean first? If you feel the DIY is too much for you, get in touch with professionals. For the Clearwater, FL area you can contact European Maids who will perform the home cleaning for you efficiently.
Picture Credit: freepik
It is significant that you clean and disinfect the various surfaces inside the house. The different germs also are known as microorganisms can make people sick. These germs live on all kinds of surfaces and are capable of contaminating utensils, food, and other objects that are used for the preparation of food and eating it. In this battle against the germs, you might think that they have an advantage as they can be present anywhere at the same time. You can keep the infectious diseases such as cold and flu away by keeping these germs at bay.
The areas in the house with high traffic and various surfaces that are touched are the areas where germs are accumulated. One survey found out that the kitchen sink has more bacteria than garbage cans or toilets. One of the common places for germ build-up in the toilets is the toothbrush holder. This is because they are situated near the toilet and the act of flushing sends a mist of bacteria among these places. It is also easy to forget about them while cleaning the toilet and other obvious germ build-up areas.
It is possible to remove dirt and grime by using hot water and soap. This may also get rid of some germs but it may not be enough for some other surfaces that are home to many germs. You can use a cleaner-disinfectant for speed cleaning as it is a combination of two steps. It is possible to use it for bathroom surfaces and kitchen countertops. Areas containing sticky spills can be cleaned by using soap and water. But while using disinfectants for home cleaning keep in mind to wear gloved and keep the windows open especially while using products containing bleach.
If you are using disinfectants bought from the store stay away from breathing the chemicals. Keep in mind to wipe down the cleaned areas such as countertops later by using water. Allow these surfaces to dry out fully before you prepare any food on them. There are some effective homemade cleaners such as hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar but do not mix them. In case you are using hydrogen peroxide, you must test it on unseen surfaces to ensure that it does not fade or discolor the surface.
Quick home cleaning
For cleaning up super-fast you can use these shortcuts. Maintain all the cleaning products inside a basket. This will keep them ready for use when you are and it is easy to carry them from one room to another. After spraying the disinfectant you might have to wait. You can carry out other household chores at the time. Utilize a plastic can liner for controlling the spill of trash and leakage. It will also quicken the cleaning process for garbage and wastebasket. Remember to sanitize the refrigerator after cleaning it and also the floor spills when they take place. This will ensure that they do not turn into a larger mess. It is possible to take out some serious germ build-ups within half an hour or definitely in less than a day. If you do not have pets or children this becomes even easier. Always start in the kitchen for this.
Many times the home cleaning is a time-consuming task even for the experienced housewives. In case you are in a good position in terms of funds you can think about the option of using professionals by ordering their services via the internet. The wet home cleaning can be arranged at a time suitable to you. If you are living in the Clearwater, FL area European Maids is a good alternative.
Picture Credit: Jeshoots
It can be stated with complete confidence that in every kitchen there will be some object made of stainless steel. And this is not surprising. Such material is convenient, practical, durable and has an attractive appearance. Unfortunately, with improper use, and simply with time, even stainless steel loses its presentation. But cleaning such dishes can be a real test.
It is important to regularly clean the pots and pans and know how to clean particularly corrosive stains. Especially for you, we have found some useful tips, with the help of which stainless steel will preserve a pleasant look for much longer.
Why it is important to clean stainless steel dishes
Stainless steel is sufficiently resistant to heat, corrosion, stains. It contains chromium, which, when interacting with oxygen in the air, creates a protective film. Such protection prevents rust and hard-to-remove stains.
If the steel surface is covered with grease or dirt, this reaction may not occur. Consequently, steel becomes vulnerable and may be subject to corrosion or wear. Thus, the dishes lose all their useful properties and beautiful appearance.
General recommendations for cleaning dishes
- Stainless steel dishes should be cleaned regularly. Only proper care will extend its life.
- After each use, clean the dishes with detergent and water – this prevents the appearance of stains and dried food pieces.
- Do not use the dishwasher, and wash the stainless steel dishes with your hands, even if it is provided for in the operating instructions. Do this in warm water using a soft sponge and dishwashing detergent.
- After washing, wipe the dishes dry with a clean towel. Leaving the dishes to dry in the open air, you risk planting new spots.
- Do not use abrasives, hard sponges or metal scourers to clean stainless steel dishes, otherwise you will scratch the surface.
- The surface should be wiped with dotted, not circular movements. So it will be as clean and smooth as possible.
- Pay special attention to stains that may remain from the water. The reason for their appearance is not the water itself, but the minerals included in its composition. That is why it is better to wipe the dishes by hand.
- To give the dishes a glossy shine, use raw potatoes. It is necessary to cut it in half and wipe the pan with these slices.
- Cleaning stainless steel dishes with baking soda
The method of removing dirt on dishes using soda is considered one of the most simple and effective. And indeed, baking soda is always at hand. Especially good soda to remove greasy stains. How to clean pans or other dishes in this way? First of all, the dishes must be thoroughly washed. Then wipe dry and sprinkle copiously with soda on its surface. As a rule, half a glass of soda is enough for one item of kitchen utensils. Leave pots or pans for a couple of hours in this form. You can add a little water to the soda has acquired a pasty consistency. Then thoroughly wipe the dishes with a dry cloth or sponge.
- Cleaning with a special detergent for stainless steel dishes
Today, on the shelves of stores you can find many different tools that are designed specifically for washing dishes. In the case of stainless steel utensils it is strongly recommended to give preference to products with a mild composition. Such tools are designed specifically to remove difficult burned spots. Warm the pot in hot water and apply for 10-15 minutes. Then remove the dirt with a sponge, rinse dishes and wipe it dry.
In order to remove water stains and fingerprints from such dishes, you can use a glass cleaner. Spray the product evenly and wipe the surface of the dish with a microfiber cloth. After that, rinse with water and polish with a dry soft towel.
- Cleaning Stainless Steel Utensils with Vinegar or Lemon Juice
Vinegar is also used to clean stainless steel products. It should be applied to a soft sponge and wipe the dishes. Then you need to rinse the dishes with water and wipe dry. With the help of vinegar, water stains are also well cleaned. Soak the pan in vinegar and leave for 10-15 minutes, then wash with detergent as usual.
An alternative to vinegar can serve as lemon juice. A glass of water requires one tablespoon of lemon juice. Wipe the resulting solution with pots, pans and stainless steel bowls, and then rinse under running water.
Picture Credit: Pixabay
A good home cleaning can help those that suffer from allergies. Many symptoms that are triggered by dust and dirt will be alleviated once the home has been thoroughly cleaned. If you or anyone in your family suffers from allergies, this article will provide you with the best allergy tips.
A great allergy tip offered by many home cleaning companies is to wear a mask when you clean. This is imperative to keep any allergens out of your lungs, especially if you are working with dust or other minuscule things that easily float into the air without the naked eye seeing it. Once you have cleaned the house well, treat yourself to some outdoor time. This will not only allow your lungs to get some fresh air but will also limit the number of allergens breathed in after cleaning.
First, you should plan on vacuuming one to two times per week. Your vacuum cleaner should have a HEPA filter on it. A HEPA filter will allow smaller particles to be caught so they do not sneak through the filter back into the air.
If your home is cluttered, you may wish to cut down on your belongings. Lots of picture frames and knick-knacks mean more to dust, while boxes of books or piles of clothes can easily hide dust mites and other allergens.
No one likes a dirty shower. But another good reason to scrub it on a regular basis is that mold can develop. And when mold develops, allergens can be released into the air. See about tossing your shower curtain into the washing machine if you are able to. If not, clean it in the tub and allow to dry.
Bedding, such as sheets and pillowcases, need to be washed weekly in hot water. The water should be at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will ensure that dust mites are killed. And if you have children, be sure to wash their stuffed animals weekly as well. Blankets and quilts that are used should also be washed on a regular schedule.
Our next allergy tip is hard for many but really does help. Instead of purchasing scented laundry soaps, buy ones that do not have any scent. Fragrances in these soaps can often trigger allergies. Unscented soaps will clean your clothing just as well. Once the clothes have been dry, toss them into the washing machine. If you or your family suffers from allergies, never hang your wash outside. Pollen and mold can often be found on clothing that was allowed to air dry outside.
If you are looking for a way to get a home that clean and will not trigger your allergies, but do not have the time to use our allergy tips, consider hiring a home cleaning company, such as European Maids. These companies will deep clean your home for you. Most of them will not only vacuum all floors, but dust and mop as well. It could also be very beneficial to hire a home cleaning company if you yourself have an allergy to dust.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com
The worktop in the kitchen is the main work surface, which must always be clean and tidy, so that the look of the room is well-groomed, and the cooking – pleasant and safe. Regardless of whether the surface is made of natural or artificial stone, it is important to learn how to properly care for it in order to avoid damage and traces of use: do not put red-hot and heavy objects, use special boards when cutting, do not wash with products containing chemically aggressive components. Subtleties of care depend on the specific material from which the tabletop is made.
Care of artificial stone countertops
The kitchen worktop is often made of artificial stone – acrylic or quartzite, which is distinguished by an aesthetic look, special strength and ease of use and care. A distinctive feature of the surface of artificial material is unpretentious care – dust and dirt can be easily removed with a soft cloth and household cleaners. To give beauty and shine, polishes are applied on a clean surface.
The quartzite tabletop is stronger than acrylic, so cracks and chips on it appear much less frequently. However, unpleasant scratches can be avoided on the acrylic surface by polishing: chips are filled with a special solution and polished with a new one. However, such work should be done only by a specialist. In general, the care of artificial stone does not require any additional trouble and effort from the owner.
Care of natural stone countertops
Granite countertops, as well as marble countertops, require more careful and prudent care, as well as regular antiseptic processing. In order for a marble worktop or surface made of granite, to serve for a long time and not lose its original appearance, it is necessary to follow several rules of care:
Use soft, creamy cleansers, whose pH is sufficient for a natural stone.
Use special pulling paste to remove old and greasy stains from the surface.
After each cleaning, handle the tabletop with wax products that create a protective layer on the surface.
In general, subject to all the rules of care, the countertops are made of natural or artificial stone, the surface will last for a long time even with constant use without visible damage. Simple cleaning methods, timely removal of dirt and dust will help to spend less time washing the countertop.
Picture Credit: Hybrid Construction LLC
The main focus on cleaning you should do in the room where there will be a newborn baby. However, the kitchen with a hallway and the bathroom with a toilet require no less attention. Usually these places in the house are the most polluted, and you want to protect the baby as much as possible from germs, fungus and bacteria.
The action plan for general cleaning before childbirth is as follows:
- Washing windows and washing curtains. Dust accumulates on the curtains that can cause allergic reactions in the baby, so you should get rid of it. If possible, wash or dry clean. If for some reason it was not possible to do this, you can walk through them with a steam generator.
- Dust removal. Here the above-mentioned cyclone vacuum cleaner comes in handy, which does an excellent job of cleaning and is easy to clean, since it has no replaceable bags. It is necessary to vacuum the walls, upholstered furniture, carpets and floors. Using a water dispenser and brushes, clean the radiators. Wipe switches, sockets, lamps, shelves and window sills, all furniture and baseboards with a damp cloth. Drying of carpets, upholstered furniture and mattresses will not be superfluous. It is also necessary to wash the leaves of all house plants.
- Cleaning the kitchen. Wash the inside and ventilate the refrigerator, clean the kitchen surfaces from grease, and use a disinfectant to clean the garbage can. In the process of cleaning the gas stove it is necessary to check whether the gas is well supplied, whether there is a leak.
- Wash the bathroom and toilet. Cleaning the bathroom includes cleaning and washing plumbing, tile, and interfacing joints using safe disinfectants. In this case, a steam generator that will help get rid of mold and fungus, will wash away the remnants of chemistry and dirt will help very much.
- Wet cleaning of floors. This is the final stage of cleaning.
Useful things in preparing the apartment for the birth of the baby
Simple objects for the household and high-quality household chemicals will help to optimize and facilitate the process of cleaning. Mop with a mechanical spin, interchangeable nozzles, microfiber cloths for wiping dust and wet cleaning, melamine sponges – significantly speed up the cleaning process and make it much more pleasant.
The main rule when choosing household chemicals is that all sprays, gels and liquids should be of high quality, hypoallergenic and non-toxic, so as not to harm the health of the future mother and baby.
If you need more aggressive products that can thoroughly clean kitchen cabinets and ovens, baths and tiles from mold and fungus from fat, it is better to use them while your mother and baby are in the hospital. And to carry out cleaning at least 4 days before their return, so that all chemical vapors have time to disappear.
Use the help of professional сleaning services
With a large amount of homework for a woman in an interesting position it is difficult to cope alone. Therefore, it is necessary to involve assistants in the cleaning process.
The cleaning company will cope with cleaning quickly and efficiently at a convenient time for homeowners. The employees of the cleaning company provide a large list of cleaning services with a quality guarantee, use safe certified cleaning products and professional antiseptic preparations.
Picture Credit: Pixabay