The guestroom in your home usually sees maximal use all through the holiday season starting from Thanksgiving till New Year. You get a good opportunity to entertain your guests-family members and friends when they visit you to join you in your festivities. Though the celebrations and merry-making will be a tad muted and restrained this year owing to the pandemic, you’ll still find many reasons to play the enthusiastic host.
Below we have discussed some practical tips on how to spruce up your guest room for the forthcoming holiday season. These tips will stand you in good stead when it comes to tidying up the guest room to accessorizing the space, letting your guests feel perfectly at home.
Home Cleaning Thoroughly Before Arrival of Guests
You have probably forgotten the last time you cleaned up the spare bedroom for entertaining a close relative or friend of yours. More often than not you use the guestroom in your home as a hobby room, art room, or home office. Make sure you relocate or clear away personal stuff from the guestroom as much as you can well in advance for the holiday company.
The idea is to make your visitors or guests feel as comfortable as possible rather than giving them the impression that they’re being intrusive. After all, you’d want your near and dear ones visiting you to strongly believe that they’re welcome. Start home cleaning by dusting the entire room using a clean dry cloth or a microfiber duster beginning from upper surfaces.
If you have a carpeted floor, then use a vacuum cleaner for sucking up deep-seated dirt and grime from the carpet. On the other hand, brush off ceramic and hardwood floors using a high-quality floor cleaner and a mop with a reusable microfiber pad. You must have changed the bed linens and bedcovers following the departure of your visitors towards the end of the holiday season.
In case you haven’t, then make sure you do so before the arrival of your new guests or visitors. Do up the bed by spreading a recently laundered bedcover, and place cozy pillows, blankets, or duvets on one side. Layering the bed with a duvet or bedspread minimizes contact with pet dander, dust, microbes, and other potential allergens.
If your guest or visitor is particularly sensitive to scented or aromatic laundry detergent then using fragrance-free natural soap powder demonstrates that you care for your visitors’ wellbeing. And if the weather stays cool and sunny then make it a point to keep the entrance and windows open to let in enough sunshine and fresh air. This will ensure that the guestroom remains airy, clean, and free of moisture.
Also, see to it that there is sufficient space in the room for allowing your guests to put away their luggage and belongings. At the same time make sure that the closet or wardrobe has plenty of space and spare hangers for your guests’ clothes.
Keeping Your Guestroom Cozy and Snug for Holiday Company
It does not bear emphasis that your close guests (though they’re an extension of your family) may feel a bit discomfited staying in your home even if briefly. So, it is up to you to make your visitors feel fully relaxed and at ease. You can do the following to make your guests feel comfortable and remain calm and content during the holiday company: –
- Place a bedside desk or counter close to the bed for keeping eyeglasses, phone, books, and a water bottle handy during sleep.
- Keep spare pillows and blankets on the bed so that they have the option of choosing those which make them feel comfy.
- A desk lamp is very handy, it enables your guests to find their way back to the bed from the bathroom after they’ve switched off the lights.
- Placing a small card mentioning your Wi-Fi network’s name and password on the bedside desk helps your guests to stay in touch.
- Chances are that your visitors will be carrying their smartphone that also doubles up as an alarm clock. However, it’d be a good gesture on your part if you already keep a charging dock with an alarm clock in the guest room.
- The last thing your guests would want after getting up in the morning is to wake you up for their daily caffeine dose. And the best way to spare your visitors from the embarrassment is to install an electric kettle or coffeemaker with some disposable cups.
- There’s no gainsaying that everybody needs to stay hydrated during the cold and harsh winter season. Hence ensure that you keep a good number of water bottles or a pitcher. Also, keep snacks, including biscuits, crackers, wafers, and granola bars that your guests’ can have with their tea or coffee.
You can contact European Maids in Clearwater, FL if you are looking for professional help. They provide experienced professionals equipped with modern tools to clean your house effectively.
Picture Credit: Crello