If you happen to spill liquid or put a stain on the the leather furniture upholstery, following our advice, you will return the leather sofa to your original condition in two counts!
If you happen to spill any liquid on a leather sofa – do not worry! Carefully soaking the stain and using special cleansers for furniture made of leather, you can easily cope with most of the dirt.
- Regularly vacuum the leather sofa using a nozzle with soft bristles.
- Spilled liquid on the sofa should be soaked, not wiped.
- For maximum results, use special tools for the care of leather furniture.
Leather furniture has many advantages: its natural upholstery differs durability and elegant appearance, acquiring a soft shine as it is used and becoming only more beautiful with the years. However, such furniture needs regular care. Learn how to clean and look after leather furniture.
Care of leather furniture
- The the leather emits natural oils that protect its surface and prevent premature aging. Without this protective layer, it will quickly dry and crack.
- During the period of its use, leather furniture gradually loses the protective oil layer, which should be restored, simulating the natural process with the help of protective products, for example, special preservatives and air conditioners.
- To ensure that leather furniture does not lose its exquisite appearance, place it away (at least half a meter) from heat sources and avoid direct sunlight, as heat and light will dry the upholstery and lead to cracks and discoloration.
How to clean leather furniture?
Cleaning leather furniture – not too time consuming process. It’s easy to spend at home.
- Vacuum the furniture using a nozzle with soft bristles. If you regularly use your leather furniture – especially if your own skin is often in contact with the upholstery – you need to vacuum it once a week. Pay special attention to folds and cracks, as it is in them accumulates the greatest amount of dirt, dust and particles of your skin.
- Wipe clean. Using a clean soft rag soaked in warm water, wipe the upholstery of leather furniture weekly.
- Apply conditioner for your skin. This is an important part of caring for leather furniture! As with any household cleaning product, be sure to read the instructions on the labels and test the effect on a small and subtle area of the surface. Apply the product, protecting your hands and face.
Removing stains from leather furniture
- Wet, and do not wipe! Do not rub the stain from drinks, food, ink over the surface, but gently pat with a damp cloth.
- Use a special cleanser for leather. It is especially useful in case of serious pollution. Follow the instructions on the labels carefully.
- Apply a conservator to the leather. Finish the job by treating the damaged area of the surface.
That’s all! Follow these simple guidelines to ensure that your leather furniture does not lose the elegance of appearance, and over the years it becomes more beautiful.
Image credit: Cater Yang